• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 29, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #5,791 of 7,693
Yeah, no worries. I more asking if Audeze had any promo codes in general that anyone knew about, not necessarily Mobius specific.

Buy it off the guy that's leaving for Ireland, and hope his immature bitchin and moaning will finally cease even after audeze is actively trying to help him.

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #5,792 of 7,693
I want to preorder the Mobius... anyone know of any current promo codes? Or am I stuck paying full price?
I suspect that someone will be interested in selling their Mobius. If it is used it may go for slightly under retail. Your other option is to wait. It is not unusual to see the retail price drop after a few months as pent up demand is satisfied and sales slacken. You can also always wait for Black Friday. The last option is to look at the potential savings and determine if it's worth just buying now and enjoying the headphones for the months you would otherwise be waiting for the discount. I usually fall into the later option.
Buy it off the guy that's leaving for Ireland, and hope his immature bitchin and moaning will finally cease even after audeze is actively trying to help him.

Funny. That made my day.

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #5,793 of 7,693
Question. The surround sound option doesn't work via anything but USB. If you plan on using the Mobius through an Xbox One console using the controllers aux connection (and a MixAmp is not an option) would you get about the same surround sound/effect a PC would if you enabled Dolby Atmos for headphones on your Xbox One with the Mobius head tracking enabled? Can anyone comment on that?

Aug 29, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #5,795 of 7,693
@Audeze Any idea on when those of us who ordered directly from the Audeze website should expect to see shipping ?

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #5,796 of 7,693
@Audeze Any idea on when those of us who ordered directly from the Audeze website should expect to see shipping ?

I asked customer service this same thing a week ago and this is what they told me:

"We ran an Indiegogo campaign before putting Mobius on our website for pre-order, so those must be shipped before we can fulfill direct-buy purchases. Once all Indiegogo pre-orders are shipped, we'll begin shipping direct-buy orders. Shipping should begin sometime in the next few weeks for direct-buy orders, but we don't know exactly how long it will take to get all orders shipped, so we're not able to provide a more accurate shipping estimate."

Hope that helps, for what it's worth.

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #5,797 of 7,693
I asked customer service this same thing a week ago and this is what they told me:

"We ran an Indiegogo campaign before putting Mobius on our website for pre-order, so those must be shipped before we can fulfill direct-buy purchases. Once all Indiegogo pre-orders are shipped, we'll begin shipping direct-buy orders. Shipping should begin sometime in the next few weeks for direct-buy orders, but we don't know exactly how long it will take to get all orders shipped, so we're not able to provide a more accurate shipping estimate."

Hope that helps, for what it's worth.

Ouch, so we might not get them until the last week of September or first week of October.

Oh well, guess I will just have to keep searching for a DAC and Amp that work for my LCD-XC, found a good setup for my LCD-2 but it’s awful for the XC so at least I can stay busy until I get my pair of Mobius.

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #5,799 of 7,693
Question. The surround sound option doesn't work via anything but USB. If you plan on using the Mobius through an Xbox One console using the controllers aux connection (and a MixAmp is not an option) would you get about the same surround sound/effect a PC would if you enabled Dolby Atmos for headphones on your Xbox One with the Mobius head tracking enabled? Can anyone comment on that?

The surround option works but only in 2.0, so youll have virtual stereo speakers(this is still great btw) with head tracking. Im sorry i dont know if head tracking is available without 3d mode, hopefully someone else can answer that.

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #5,800 of 7,693

Yeah, we've talked about this a lot. Through AUX, pre-processed surround won't sound right in 3D mode because 3D mode emulates speakers in space, and 2 channel audio is sent to the front two speakers in this space. Atmos on Xbox will sound like it does already, but more awesome because Audeze.

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #5,801 of 7,693
The surround option works but only in 2.0, so youll have virtual stereo speakers(this is still great btw) with head tracking. Im sorry i dont know if head tracking is available without 3d mode, hopefully someone else can answer that.
I appreciate the answer. It's good to know that it'll work that much, at least. If anyone else could chime in with an answer, I'd appreciate it

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #5,802 of 7,693

They said the headtacking and virtual surround can't work independently.

Aug 29, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #5,803 of 7,693
Yeah, we've talked about this a lot. Through AUX, pre-processed surround won't sound right in 3D mode because 3D mode emulates speakers in space, and 2 channel audio is sent to the front two speakers in this space. Atmos on Xbox will sound like it does already, but more awesome because Audeze.
Got it. Thanks for that answer!

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #5,805 of 7,693
So where are the impressions of people that are getting their mobius today ?!

EDIT:

I just decided randomly to check the indiegogo comment section.. omg what was that for? I lost IQ points (of my already low IQ) reading that thing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back