• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 24, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #5,521 of 7,693
Looks like SFC is closed on Saturdays according to their FAQ. So those of us that haven't gotten an email yet probably won't until Sunday morning in Shenzen.

Edit: #23xx US

Lol, it should all be automatic and based on electronic data interchange without human intervention. But I guess when you have a nation of +1 billion people, you gotta find something for them to do.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #5,527 of 7,693
Cinematic audiophiles (do these exist?) will be very pleased.

We do xD I don't see this replacing my current system and OOYH but its gr8 that there's an all in one package that sounds great and isn't too expensive. I have a decent atmos system of polk monitors and my headphone system definately has better detail retrieval and fidelity.

And by the way, I would love people to share some media, games or films or even some music that they really enjoyed with their PC via USB + 3D.

The race scene in ready player one is all you need.

https://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/

Stuff from dolby, dts, and thx is usually the best, the samsung helicopter demo is good, and the full dts dolby discs have 5.1 24/192 concerts and music.

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #5,528 of 7,693
This is probably off topic a bit, but anyone who preordered via audeze's website won't get a shipment email right? I imagine I won't get my hands on one till Nov/Dec but just curious.

Taken from there actual product page "Your Mobius will ship at the end of August or beginning of September" a little patience and reading can go a long way.

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #5,529 of 7,693
That being said the EL-8 Titanium still has a more premium build and better sound quality purely as a wired headphone. It is definitely an under-appreciated and underrated headphone. Better imaging with extra clarity along with extra energy in the bass and treble. But Mobius is half the EL-8 Titanium’s MSRP and the virtualization is incredible for games/movies and opens the soundstage for music. Its transparency comes close but the EL-8 much like how I assume the LCD line compares delivers decidedly higher-end build quality and sound at a fittingly higher-end price point.

Mobius sounds absolutely great and delivers the planar quality with a lot of other features but for purely audio quality (those who don’t care about the head-tracking, Bluetooth, etc.) a LCD-2 may make more sense. But that’s good news for everyone and not sure that it comes as a surprise.

Disclaimer is that I wouldn’t be surprised if I change my opinion but switching off from the Mobius to the EL-8 made it clear the EL-8 does offer better overall sound quality with Cipher. That’s comparing Mobius with 3D off, etc. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if I found myself using Mobius more for the convenience and practicality of it.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #5,530 of 7,693
We do xD I don't see this replacing my current system and OOYH but its gr8 that there's an all in one package that sounds great and isn't too expensive. I have a decent atmos system of polk monitors and my headphone system definately has better detail retrieval and fidelity.

The race scene in ready player one is all you need.

https://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/

Stuff from dolby, dts, and thx is usually the best, the samsung helicopter demo is good, and the full dts dolby discs have 5.1 24/192 concerts and music.
The first thing I thought when watching that scene a few weeks ago was that I couldn't wait to hear it through Mobius. Very excited!

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #5,531 of 7,693
That being said the EL-8 Titanium still has a more premium build and better sound quality purely as a wired headphone. It is definitely an under-appreciated and underrated headphone.

I couldn't agree more. I made a post a bit back but I think it got buried, how I use Dekoni LCD Velour pads on my EL-8(open) and made some modifications to the headband. They're lightning fast, ultra detailed, pin point imaging, very low distortion, excellent sub bass extension, impactful, and with the pad change soundstage is very wide. Sometimes I consider wanting to try HD800s or L300s and remind myself that the EL-8s do exactly what I'd want from an upgrade and I got em for $200, amazing.

Aug 24, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #5,533 of 7,693
I couldn't agree more. I made a post a bit back but I think it got buried, how I use Dekoni LCD Velour pads on my EL-8(open) and made some modifications to the headband. They're lightning fast, ultra detailed, pin point imaging, very low distortion, excellent sub bass extension, impactful, and with the pad change soundstage is very wide. Sometimes I consider wanting to try HD800s or L300s and remind myself that the EL-8s do exactly what I'd want from an upgrade and I got em for $200, amazing.

There are some scathing reviews of even the EL-8 Titanium which I had let color my opinion but that headphone does a lot well, all of which you covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back