• I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 25, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #5,551 of 7,693
My bologna has a first name, its m o b i u s

Aug 25, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #5,552 of 7,693
Audeze just informed me they are going to expedite my order since I have a unique situation that I can prove through travel documents. (If you need copies of those documents of my travels, I can gladly provide as proof Audeze).

Basically, this has been a frustrating roller coaster for me personally because of the time line of it being so close, so the fact they are doing this for me is pretty amazing. I emailed Hifiman once and it took like 3 weeks for a response that was purely negative, Audeze cares about people, that is kind of amazing. I regret venting about this entire thing. I would like to apologize to everyone, not just Audeze, for having to read my comments on this thread. I was frustrated by a lot of things (I lost my niece a few weeks ago and it mentally broke me), not just these headphones, and I took it out on this forum in the form of venting and it was not appropriate of me, especially when it came to a company as open and transparent as Audeze. If it was say a thread about Windows 10 or telemetry and data miners violating our rights, I would never write this kind of apology lol, I just want to make that clear. Audeze deserves the highest respect among our niche community.

I think a whole bunch of people already put you on their ignore list due to your emotional roller coaster venting... to be honest, I was just about to as well. :)

Hope your studies in Ireland goes to plan and you come out the other side as a learned, patient and humble person. :)

And yes, i agree Audeze is an impressive company... both in product and customer service!

Aug 25, 2018 at 12:40 AM Post #5,553 of 7,693
Moving can be stressful. Across the world even more. So can delays while trying to get your ducks in a row. + to suffer a serious loss. For reals in the feels. Cheers bud!!
On second thought, it Is best if I unsub from this thread. My apologies once again, and to you Kozio.

Thank you to Audeze one last time for the generous help. Take care everyone.

Aug 25, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #5,554 of 7,693
I think a whole bunch of people already put you on their ignore list due to your emotional roller coaster venting... to be honest, I was just about to as well. :)

Hope your studies in Ireland goes to plan and you come out the other side as a learned, patient and humble person. :)

And yes, i agree Audeze is an impressive company... both in product and customer service!
ignore function is extremely handy! esp for people of 3pl.

yep. Audeze is extremely impressive company. if you know the team building it, that's even better!

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #5,555 of 7,693
Audeze just informed me they are going to expedite my order since I have a unique situation that I can prove through travel documents. (If you need copies of those documents of my travels, I can gladly provide as proof Audeze).

Basically, this has been a frustrating roller coaster for me personally because of the time line of it being so close, so the fact they are doing this for me is pretty amazing. I emailed Hifiman once and it took like 3 weeks for a response that was purely negative, Audeze cares about people, that is kind of amazing. I regret venting about this entire thing. I would like to apologize to everyone, not just Audeze, for having to read my comments on this thread. I was frustrated by a lot of things (I lost my niece a few weeks ago and it mentally broke me), not just these headphones, and I took it out on this forum in the form of venting and it was not appropriate of me, especially when it came to a company as open and transparent as Audeze. If it was say a thread about Windows 10 or telemetry and data miners violating our rights, I would never write this kind of apology lol, I just want to make that clear. Audeze deserves the highest respect among our niche community.

Ok, so (not for the first time) you say you've unsubbed from this thread, but I'll take the chance that you're still looking in.
Your posts have irritated me considerably (as much my flaw as yours).
For me, reading an apology as honest and self-reflective as this changes my opinion of you entirely (an opinion based solely on your posts in this thread). I know you weren't looking for any sign of redemption or acceptance but I just want to tell you that we all make mistakes and holding your hands up and saying "Mea culpa" is one of the things that gains my respect.
I am also very sorry to read that you lost your niece and the emotional toll this has taken. You have my sympathies and a little more understanding of your previous volatility.

Hope everything goes well in Ireland and that you really enjoy your Mobius when you finally get them.
:)

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #5,557 of 7,693
So still no word from Audeze or Dekoni Audio about making high quality leather ear pads for the Mobius? I think this is the last thing they need to be a 10/10 closed headphone in my opinion.
These aren't even out yet...

And pad swapping wouldn't be easy. The pads are attached to a proprietary plastic piece that definitely requires some manufacturing. It's not some easy work.

It's gonna take time, and I would assume it would depend on how popular the Mobius is and if it's feasible for Dekoni to profit off it.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #5,558 of 7,693
Yeah I really do not understand the obsession of making/pad rolling new pads for a headphone that's barely released yet. Try it out first THEN consider what could be improved. And I say that as someone that has a drawer filled with pads.

Aug 25, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #5,559 of 7,693

I’m sorry for your loss... that’s really sad about your niece

Aug 25, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #5,560 of 7,693
This is probably off topic a bit, but anyone who preordered via audeze's website won't get a shipment email right? I imagine I won't get my hands on one till Nov/Dec but just curious.
I also ordered directly from Audeze (Early May I believe), & was of the same belief. After moving some Spam to my trash folder on Thursday, I decided to take a quick look before dumping it !

I hadn't thought to check my Trash folder back on 8/10 after Audeze had posted an update on their plans for shipping here on this thread. The same information in that posting was sitting in the message in my Trash folder (Weird !!!,I could swear it wasn't there before). So anyway, there was a list of their planned shipping schedule .

From what I could gather, those of us who bought directly from Audeze won't be getting our headphones shipped from China . Operations will be moving over to Audeze after the "Backer" purchased units have completed shipping. "Non Backer" purchased Mobius units are not part of the current activity we've been reading about. I don't think that the shipping progress will be anywhere as 'Problematic' once things have changed hands.

I'm guessing that us Non Backers might start seeing our units, Hopefully, late September . If you go back in this thread to the 8/10 Audeze posting you'll see the schedule, The important thing to remember is that we're not "part" of the shipping equation ....... yet !

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #5,562 of 7,693
Does anyone know if the "ride the waves" tier has started shipping yet?

I keep seeing all the excitement with people getting their shipping confirmation...

I'm still patiently waiting

I know about three people in the ride the waves tier who got tracking numbers. All in the USA. I don't think the number matters anymore just a general geographic location.

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #5,563 of 7,693
I know about three people in the ride the waves tier who got tracking numbers. All in the USA. I don't think the number matters anymore just a general geographic location.
Thanks for the reply!

I am a ride the waves'r in the USA, TN to be exact and still have no shipping confirmation. I have checked my spam folder, nothing there. Tried emailing Audeze, hopefully they respond.

You think if I start complaining like others I'll get mine early too?

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #5,564 of 7,693

Of course, on the other hand, I have a fairly low number, in the 800s, be the early bird, in the USA, and still havent gotten a tracking number. So either things are just somewhat random by geographic location, or there is more going on that we just dont know about. And speculating doesnt help too much. I can guess that maybe its because I changed my address after the so called "recall"... but just not sure. And yes, I have been checking my spam folder.

Aug 25, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #5,565 of 7,693
Of course, on the other hand, I have a fairly low number, in the 800s, be the early bird, in the USA, and still havent gotten a tracking number. So either things are just somewhat random by geographic location, or there is more going on that we just dont know about. And speculating doesnt help too much. I can guess that maybe its because I changed my address after the so called "recall"... but just not sure. And yes, I have been checking my spam folder.

We should voice our complaints on here until we receive ours and bring attention to this, that seems to be the behavior they are rewarding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back