• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 22, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #5,401 of 7,693
FWIW, I don't think there exists such a thing as a noise-free active headphone. I've listened to a number of them and all of them have noise to varying degrees. The B&W PX is by far the quietest of the five that I tried, but you can still tell there's something going on when the electronics switch off.
Audeze should provide a stat for typical noise dB per connection type with Mobius, just like how THD is commonly provided/measured.

Aug 22, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #5,403 of 7,693
Like I said though they are attractive. As per usual with Audeze, they’re tastefully done and will be fairly versatile but they’re still a gaming headset. Copper pops and I’m sure the blue does too. I’ll post a reference to compare the size of the case.

By the way, all of the wireless headphones I’ve tested that don’t have ANC have had an imperceptible noise floor. Mobius is more complex and the amp is powerful so the revised version should be quiet within* reason. But most over-ear wireless headphones do have ANC so it’s a bit of a moot point. Cipher cable doesn’t introduce any noticeable noise and the 3.5mm input has an extremely pronounced hiss so this situation is surprising but they’re an upstanding company that cares about quality and maybe testers were too excited to notice :wink:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 22, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #5,404 of 7,693
What's he saying? Does he like it?

In summary:

He Spent the better half of the video raving about the head tracking, 3D surround etc.

He also tested music - ariana gradne, piano, guitar, - gave a general comment that music sounds smooth (I guess he meant not too harsh) and has deep bass

He paired to sony nw-wm1a using bluetooth LDAC, commented that bluetooth audio quality is good as wired.

He also commends on the good sealing of earpads which blocks majority of external noise.

Personally for himself, he usually sweats quite a fair bit when wearing headphones but this didn't happen with mobius after a full day of music and movie usage; no neck pain or painful ears either.

His only complaint is on limited console connectivity as he couldn't get his PS4 to connect to mobius via bluetooth and had to do it via analog.

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #5,405 of 7,693
I honestly don't care that much about the hiss provided it's not perceptible over top of what I'm listening to. If the hiss is present with no audio stream that's fine. If I'm listening to music or gaming and I can still hear that hiss then it's a problem...I'm confident that Audeze's "fix" will remedy my concerns though.

Aug 23, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #5,407 of 7,693
Woohoo! It's happening! It's nice to see such high contribution number receiving tracking info. Nothing for me, but I guess Europe and Poland, as well as 4xxx numbers especially, are lower on the priority list. :wink:
Yet I can't wait for Mobius to arrive. Maybe next week I will get my number, who knows!
Any new reviews and opinions about the sound and overall quality are very welcome as the hype train is getting up to speed! :)

Aug 23, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #5,408 of 7,693
Contribution ID 2235 in North America

Got my tracking information this morning.

Hmmmm... I’m #400 and still no email.

I’m in the UK so I wonder if that makes a difference?

Aug 23, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #5,410 of 7,693
Hmmmm... I’m #400 and still no email.

I’m in the UK so I wonder if that makes a difference?

If I had to guess, the shipping company also probably sorts by country since I doubt Audeze would start shipping from the middle of the contribution numbers. I'm sure a lot more tracking numbers even outside the US will be showing up as the day goes on.

Aug 23, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #5,412 of 7,693
#43x Sweden so maybe late september

Users who are viewing this thread

Back