Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 22, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #5,371 of 7,693
Hi all,

There must be an error here. I can echo Audeze's comment above, no retailer in the UK has stock of Mobius yet!

It is not that sinister. Probably the front desk person is confused or their inventory system might be messed up.
@caenlenfromOCN Can you check your PM.

You both are most likely correct, I should have asked to speak with a manager to get further clarification of actual numbers in stock, regardless, I am not worried about it now, Audeze I pm'd you back. Thank you for prompt replies.

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #5,373 of 7,693
Quick few questions to those who have either the pre-work pair or the finished product for review.

Can anyone tell me what the layout of the headphones are as far as things like 3.5mm input connector to the headphone(single ended like Oppo PM-3 but capable of a balanced 2.5mm connector running dual input to the headphone) and are the ear pads removable so they can be changed out for something like Dekoni pads if we wanted to. Since those of us that are waiting for the headphones have some time on our hands I figured might be a good time to start looking at aftermarket cables and pads if possible.

I am sure that this might seem like silly thing to worry about now but since Audeze has stopped making the EL-8 closed back(I am guessing because they haven't been in stock for such a long time) I was thinking of using these for on the go as well.

Aug 22, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #5,375 of 7,693
For all those anxious and impatient to get the mobius, do what I do... get an LCD2 (if you already have one, then listen to it!) and I really care very little about when my mobius will arrive.

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #5,376 of 7,693
Steering this thread back to the Mobius...

If there's anything I do want that's beyond what Audeze has offered, it's additional pad choices. Dunno how "compatible" other pads will be (and well, they most certainly won't be optimized for Mobius' sound profile) but pad rolling in general is pretty fun. I'd definitely gladly pay for Audeze's high quality pads.

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #5,377 of 7,693
Steering this thread back to the Mobius...

If there's anything I do want that's beyond what Audeze has offered, it's additional pad choices. Dunno how "compatible" other pads will be (and well, they most certainly won't be optimized for Mobius' sound profile) but pad rolling in general is pretty fun. I'd definitely gladly pay for Audeze's high quality pads.

That was one of the questions I had on my first post, I hope it doesn't get lost from all the heated back and forth discussion that has taken place for the past few pages.

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #5,378 of 7,693
Quick few questions to those who have either the pre-work pair or the finished product for review.

Can anyone tell me what the layout of the headphones are as far as things like 3.5mm input connector to the headphone(single ended like Oppo PM-3 but capable of a balanced 2.5mm connector running dual input to the headphone) and are the ear pads removable so they can be changed out for something like Dekoni pads if we wanted to. Since those of us that are waiting for the headphones have some time on our hands I figured might be a good time to start looking at aftermarket cables and pads if possible.

I am sure that this might seem like silly thing to worry about now but since Audeze has stopped making the EL-8 closed back(I am guessing because they haven't been in stock for such a long time) I was thinking of using these for on the go as well.

Here are some pics. Hope they help.

IMG_20180806_154446.jpg
IMG_20180806_151607.jpg

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #5,379 of 7,693
Hey everyone, let's please keep this thread related to the Mobius. There's been quite a bit of off-topic and personal discussion lately, but please remember that we're all here to talk about the new Audeze headphone. Thanks all, we really appreciate the assistance.

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #5,380 of 7,693
Here are some pics. Hope they help.

Thank you for those, was hoping to be able to do Balanced 2.5mm but it looks like that is out of the question, I guess the only thing I can hope to do is find a OTG USB C to Micro so that I can output audio from my Kann (Maybe, Astell & Kern say that the Kann can do audio out via USB but I am not sure if it will play well with the Mobius) if such a thing exist. Still hopeful for the Ear pads though.

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #5,381 of 7,693
Me want SINE leather pads on Mobius! :frowning2: They don't fit on Mobius, I imagine..?
9073251.jpg

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #5,382 of 7,693
84800E5E-BEEB-4A1C-8376-8DC2716D51E8.jpeg

Mobius does feel like a next-generation headphone. While the EL-8 feels more premium and luxurious, Mobius feels like an evolution of that design. It’s forward-thinking with USB-C and a chipset that supports Bluetooth 5.0. I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface of what Mobius is capable of. PC gamers will be very pleased, especially those who use their PC setup to watch media.

(Figured you guys wanted more pictures :wink:.)

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #5,383 of 7,693
Thank you for those, was hoping to be able to do Balanced 2.5mm but it looks like that is out of the question, I guess the only thing I can hope to do is find a OTG USB C to Micro so that I can output audio from my Kann (Maybe, Astell & Kern say that the Kann can do audio out via USB but I am not sure if it will play well with the Mobius) if such a thing exist. Still hopeful for the Ear pads though.
Mobius has its own DAC and amp and operates balanced internally.

There are host micro USB to USB-C cables available on Amazon.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #5,384 of 7,693
I feel like this should be emphasized/marketed more than deep down in the specs :l I didn't know it was balanced, until you just said so! I have no clue what Cipher is all about, either.

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #5,385 of 7,693
Mobius has its own DAC and amp and operates balanced internally.

There are host micro USB to USB-C cables available on Amazon.

When hooking up to a phone or tablet with micro-B, will Mobius only work with an OTG/host cable, or can it work with a non-OTG cable too? I admit I'm a bit fuzzy on the difference between the two, even after Googling it for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back