• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 12, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #4,742 of 7,693
Actually, 3D button switches between 3D Manual, 3D Auto and 3D Off. Clicking and holding the Mic wheel changes between 7.1, 2.0 and High Res.

Ahhhh, figured it out. Thanks everyone.

Edit: I'm hearing a some crackling in the background on HiRes mode. Getting it in Apple Music and Tidal Hifi. Is this to be expected?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #4,745 of 7,693
I just want to say -- I can't wait to experience Football Manager in a new way with the Mobius. :)

Sadly, that's all the gaming I do these days. But it's addicting.

It was nice to see the updated status the other day by email. Thanks Audeze.

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #4,746 of 7,693
In the chaos of a few moves I'd had to disconnect my Roon setup for a bit. Got that up and running last night and I have to say, the ease of Roon + Tidal + Mobius is one heck of a system with no more equipment than laptop + Mobius.

Don't get me wrong, I've still got my eye on a glowing Woo audio amp for my Clears but the simplicity of the self-driven Mobius is just so satisfying. I hope everyone is enjoying these as much as I am.

A few quibbles:

* I can hear computer noise via USB when no music is playing. Not an issue at all when music is playing, but is there any way to mitigate noise from my laptop?

* I wish the Mobius had more subdued option in the mold of the Sine ( which I also own ). I'm fine with the size, but a color option that was either all black, or black with silver / grey like the Sennheiser 4.5 would be a welcome addition.

This is why I bought a new cable, the one Audeze includes looks like junk, also the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on your computer will always have a little more noise than Type C port. I recommend you run in type c to type c, no 2.0 or 3.0 ancient ports, they are not of the same standard quality.

this is the cable i bought for dedicated wire listening, its gen 2 type c, which means more quality control over gen 1 which is what audeze includes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0F6AJI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Aug 12, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #4,747 of 7,693
This is why I bought a new cable, the one Audeze includes looks like junk, also the USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on your computer will always have a little more noise than Type C port. I recommend you run in type c to type c, no 2.0 or 3.0 ancient ports, they are not of the same standard quality.

this is the cable i bought for dedicated wire listening, its gen 2 type c, which means more quality control over gen 1 which is what audeze includes:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L0F6AJI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And did you test both cables, for any difference? Success/fail?

I do have USB C on my PC, luckily(had to check lol), but USB 3.1 is 2013; not sure I'd call it ancient.

In fact, it looks like USB 3.1 technology = USB C cable.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #4,748 of 7,693
And did you test both cables, for any difference? Success/fail?

I do have USB C on my PC, luckily(had to check lol), but USB 3.1 is 2013; not sure I'd call it ancient.

Type C still has higher quality standards at the engineering level, it has to pass certain certifications that other USB types don't, for example, on my Schiit Fulla 1, over type C i have 0 noise. but over usb 2.0 i get a little usb noise interference. type C is a lovely lovely port.

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #4,750 of 7,693
I am pretty sure CT007 is referring to $399 buyers... not us $250 backers... ours still should ship August 16th... but does that mean ship from China august 16th and we have to wait 10 days for it get here from China, or ship out of California on August 16th? if cali I might have a chance before I leave for Ireland September 1st... ; ;
Where do you see ship dates? I'm a $250 backer thanks

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #4,751 of 7,693
* I can hear computer noise via USB when no music is playing. Not an issue at all when music is playing, but is there any way to mitigate noise from my laptop?

An external USB hub may fix it for you.

edit: do you still get the noise when the lappy is on battery power? (not plugged in)

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #4,752 of 7,693
Type C still has higher quality standards at the engineering level, it has to pass certain certifications that other USB types don't, for example, on my Schiit Fulla 1, over type C i have 0 noise. but over usb 2.0 i get a little usb noise interference. type C is a lovely lovely port.
To clarify, you get no noise with either USB-C cable; the stock one nor the 3rd party? No difference?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #4,753 of 7,693
Where do you see ship dates? I'm a $250 backer thanks

Audeze posted in this thread awhile back, saying the new shipping dates will be August 16th from China... I think. Might have been August 20th. I can't remember. I just hope it arrives before September 1st which is when I fly out for a full year... ugh...
@Deckard916 has nothing to do with sounding better... its about eliminating noise floor from old USB standards... but sure thing...

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #4,754 of 7,693
I just hope it arrives before September 1st which is when I fly out for a full year... ugh...

Do you still have to pay VAT if your folks mail you something that's yours?

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #4,755 of 7,693
Do you still have to pay VAT if your folks mail you something that's yours?

I am not sure. I know its 23% VAT though which is a lot... I know I mailed myself some clothes last time I was in Ireland... and they didn't charge me VAT... so who knows...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back