• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 12, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #4,726 of 7,693
@Audeze Will the headphones be marked in such a way that we will be able to tell if a headphone has been modified or not... might be a issue on the resale market...
from my understanding there are some units that were shipped non-modded and left to the owners if they want them sent back for mods or given the choice to keep the non modded version..

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #4,727 of 7,693
...this is a CLOSED BACK headphone
Which is why I'm curious about it how it will sound, compared to 700X. ^ ^ It's a totally different thing, but perhaps it can offer an edge with all this new tech! I'm not getting my hopes up too much, though lol.

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #4,728 of 7,693
From following this thread alone I know it's on the button where you switch from 3D (auto), to 3D (manual) to Hi-Res mode so probably the 3D button if there is one.

Actually, 3D button switches between 3D Manual, 3D Auto and 3D Off. Clicking and holding the Mic wheel changes between 7.1, 2.0 and High Res.

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #4,729 of 7,693
In the chaos of a few moves I'd had to disconnect my Roon setup for a bit. Got that up and running last night and I have to say, the ease of Roon + Tidal + Mobius is one heck of a system with no more equipment than laptop + Mobius.

Don't get me wrong, I've still got my eye on a glowing Woo audio amp for my Clears but the simplicity of the self-driven Mobius is just so satisfying. I hope everyone is enjoying these as much as I am.

A few quibbles:

* I can hear computer noise via USB when no music is playing. Not an issue at all when music is playing, but is there any way to mitigate noise from my laptop?

* I wish the Mobius had more subdued option in the mold of the Sine ( which I also own ). I'm fine with the size, but a color option that was either all black, or black with silver / grey like the Sennheiser 4.5 would be a welcome addition.

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #4,730 of 7,693
Is there documentation that comes with Mobius outlining all of the functions and features?

Absolutely! There's a great quick reference card that comes in really handy and then a more detailed manual that goes along with it.

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #4,731 of 7,693
a color option that was either all black, or black with silver / grey like the Sennheiser 4.5 would be a welcome addition.
I'm not a huge fan of the color schemes, either. :\ It's not terrible, tho.

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #4,732 of 7,693
Every once in awhile I do forget which wheel controls the different modes and I end up doing the wrong one that turns off charging. Lol.

You'll get used it. It's a lot at first. There's so many functions to go through on the Mobius.

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #4,734 of 7,693
Thanks. Is there something you need to do to activate it or is it automatic?
Yes, when in USB mode, press the "Mic" button to cycle through the options

Aug 12, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #4,735 of 7,693
Is there documentation that comes with Mobius outlining all of the functions and features?
Yes, there's a manual. But the Quick Start Guide shows/tells you everything you need to know.

Aug 12, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #4,736 of 7,693
Still having troubling finding "hi res" mode. I am wired right now to my Android. Mic toggle doesn't do anything. 3D button rotates between auto, manual and "off". Perhaps hi res is the default for USBC with the 3D in the off position? I checked the user guide and didn't see anything in there.

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #4,737 of 7,693
Has anyone reviewed / put up a recording of the Mobius mic yet? I haven't seen one yet. It would be cool to hear it alone... even cooler to hear it side by side with a modmic 4.0, or maybe other gaming headsets like one of the Senn gaming headsets (Game One/Zero, PC373D, GSP600, or one of those, not sure how different the mics are between them), one of the SS Arctis Pros, or I guess common ones like A50's (yuck) or heck maybe a Blue/AT/Shure/etc traditional mic some folks use for gaming/streaming?

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #4,738 of 7,693
In the chaos of a few moves I'd had to disconnect my Roon setup for a bit. Got that up and running last night and I have to say, the ease of Roon + Tidal + Mobius is one heck of a system with no more equipment than laptop + Mobius.

Don't get me wrong, I've still got my eye on a glowing Woo audio amp for my Clears but the simplicity of the self-driven Mobius is just so satisfying. I hope everyone is enjoying these as much as I am.

A few quibbles:

* I can hear computer noise via USB when no music is playing. Not an issue at all when music is playing, but is there any way to mitigate noise from my laptop?

* I wish the Mobius had more subdued option in the mold of the Sine ( which I also own ). I'm fine with the size, but a color option that was either all black, or black with silver / grey like the Sennheiser 4.5 would be a welcome addition.

It's already been noted that there is a noise. Audeze has temporally stopped shipping to to fix it. They said they will contact people who already received theirs about getting a fixed pair when they are ready.

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #4,739 of 7,693
It's already been noted that there is a noise. Audeze has temporally stopped shipping to to fix it. They said they will contact people who already received theirs about getting a fixed pair when they are ready.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the whitenoise like hiss, but rather the noise that's transmitted from my computer via USB. It's not present via bluetooth and is easily distinguishable from the hiss.

Aug 12, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #4,740 of 7,693
Still having troubling finding "hi res" mode. I am wired right now to my Android. Mic toggle doesn't do anything. 3D button rotates between auto, manual and "off". Perhaps hi res is the default for USBC with the 3D in the off position? I checked the user guide and didn't see anything in there.

Are you pushing in the mic volume wheel (not turning it)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back