• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 10, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #4,666 of 7,693
Better than EL-8 Titanium with Cipher in every way except aesthetically since EL-8 is an absolutely beautiful headphone. I think the EL-8 has potential with a nice amp but the Cipher in Mobius undoubtedly drives it better. I haven’t even tested Mobius wired yet so I do have more testing to do but I will post full impressions. I hope to have my review ready before everyone receives their Mobius.
Oh cool, thanks. I have the EL-8 open back and I can’t wait to compare the two myself. I agree the EL-8 is just gorgeous. I run my pair through the balanced cable audeze sold. It is the dual 3.5mm and the power is just crazy good through the Sony PHA-3. This is my main rig, small but good. Looking forward to your further review!

Aug 10, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #4,667 of 7,693
Oh cool, thanks. I have the EL-8 open back and I can’t wait to compare the two myself. I agree the EL-8 is just gorgeous. I run my pair through the balanced cable audeze sold. It is the dual 3.5mm and the power is just crazy good through the Sony PHA-3. This is my main rig, small but good. Looking forward to your further review!

I should probably get a nice amp for the EL-8 but since they announced Mobius I was holding off for that since I’m not that deep into the hobby. Figured the Cipher would do a respectable job but could see the shortcomings of it after a few listens. Don’t think Mobius has the same shortcomings though. EL-8 definitely has a lot of potential but needs a nice amp.

Aug 10, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #4,668 of 7,693
I should probably get a nice amp for the EL-8 but since they announced Mobius I was holding off for that since I’m not that deep into the hobby. Figured the Cipher would do a respectable job but could see the shortcomings of it after a few listens. Don’t think Mobius has the same shortcomings though. EL-8 definitely has a lot of potential but needs a nice amp.
Yeah an amp would improve it. I would suggest getting a balanced amp and cable, preferably split into two balanced connections. It’s just foot tapping fun.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #4,670 of 7,693
Need to figure out what to do with Mobius for media... Netflix uncompressed in 2.0 should sound pretty good via Xbox One controller. I suppose I could use wireless HDMI transmitter or even AirPlay from MacBook Pro to my Pioneer plasma but that’s a bit of a leap and also a relatively elaborate setup to watch media. Sony could easily sell at least one more PS4 Pro this month if they allowed 5.1 USB audio output rather than just 2.0 :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #4,671 of 7,693
@MICHAELSD I appreciate all your comments on this forum, time and again you get me hyped for the Mobius even if I have to wait until Christmas.

I do have a quick question for you or anyone. I have a decent phone, the ZTE Axon 7, it has a built in amp and 32 bit sabre dac... so how exactly do I avoid messing up the signal when listening to spotify in wired mode? I won't always be in bluetooth, especially since I watch a lot of movies on my phone. Would you recommend I use type c to type c straight from the phone? That way I bypass the amp/dac thats built into the headphone 3.5mm jack?

Also, on PS4 Pro, I am waiting for them to support 1440p and Freesync like Xbox One does, as it provides a much smoother gaming experience. Sony has always had the better exclusives, I just wish they would embrace the new era of gaming instead of living in 30 fps with dips ancient times... I game at 100 fps on my 100hz overclocked gaming laptop, and its much more fun than 30 fps. :p

Aug 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #4,672 of 7,693
a balanced amp and cable, preferably split into two balanced connections.
Like, a single headphone cable with 1(L+R) amp output and 2 headphone connectors? Or 2 separate cables, for each L & R amp output? Does that even exist lol?

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #4,673 of 7,693
Like, a single headphone cable with 1(L+R) amp output and 2 headphone connectors? Or 2 separate cables, for each L & R amp output? Does that even exist lol?
Its a single cable left and right into the headphone, and left and right (two separate connectors) to the amp. Here's a pic
IMG_8055.JPG

Aug 11, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #4,674 of 7,693
Its a single cable left and right into the headphone, and left and right (two separate connectors) to the amp. Here's a pic
This one was made by Audeze (EL-8), I believe there's a similar one for the Sine. A bunch of third party places make them for various headphones. Its usually labeled as Dual 3.5mm mini plugs for Sony PHA-3, Pono player, Ayre Codex.

Aug 11, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #4,675 of 7,693
Is there a way to keep track of what number they are shipping. I'm on the $250 tier. I just want to know when the different tiers are shipped. Thanks

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #4,676 of 7,693
Neat! Totally new to me.

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #4,677 of 7,693
Out of curiosity, would a lightning to USB-C cable allow Mobius to listen to uncompressed audio from an iPhone without the extra ADC of the 3.5mm? If not, is that a possible addition in the future?

Aug 11, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #4,678 of 7,693
Out of curiosity, would a lightning to USB-C cable allow Mobius to listen to uncompressed audio from an iPhone without the extra ADC of the 3.5mm? If not, is that a possible addition in the future?

I don't think so. The Mobius presents itself to the Host as a (multichannel) USB sound interface, and I don't think iOS devices can use (non-specialized) external sound interfaces… so they wouldn't even send a signal to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back