• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 8, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #4,486 of 7,693
Due to the lack of an external frame of reference, errors will accumulate over time, resulting in drift. And since there is no external frame of reference, there is no way to know where the "center" is without the user keeping their head still (below a threshold). Thus, I guess a very slow "3D Auto" mode would be one of (the only?) ways to get what you are looking for (one that would center if you hold your head still for a number of seconds).

Given this, the user should be able to set the speed of 3D Auto mode in the Mobius app, with the slowest speed being something like I just described above (in order to correct for drift), and the fastest being (something else I've seen requested on this forum) "always centered."

Well I figure the HTRF centering is just code. I don't see why (at least in maybve a future product) they can't implement a feature where when you press the 3D button to center, it's maybe like i.e. (1000348793937F) in the HTRF space. So every few minutes, it can default back to this code to re-center.

Though I like your idea of 3D AUto re-centering being a thing you can change the speed of as well. Right now, it re-centers like after a second or two. Perhaps like once a minute would be good.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #4,487 of 7,693
Hmm, so many console gamers on here. I wasn't expecting that honestly. I am interested to hear what the hardcore pc gamers thinks of this thing. (And no that's not a dig at the console community) I seriously can't wait to get my hands on these cans. Looking forward to a marathon gaming session with them. I am thinking PubG, No Man's Sky, the BioShock series, Dead Space series, Arma 3, Vermintide 2, Subnautica, Witcher 3, Doom 2016, Sniper Elite 4 and then maybe throw some Rust and Ark up in there along with some atmospheric games like Amnesia. Man, the day these cans show up it's going to be one hell of a gaming binge. lol

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #4,488 of 7,693
I think i need some clarification here.
The way some people are describing their experiences while using the USB connection makes it sound like there is the possibility to have 5.1/7.1 playback WITH or WITHOUT 3D, and i can't really wrap my head around how that would work or what that really means.
Would 7.1 without 3D be like speakers placed in "no room" or an anechoic chamber without reflections of walls?
And why would anyone want that?
Or am i just misunderstanding something...

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #4,489 of 7,693
Due to the lack of an external frame of reference, errors will accumulate over time, resulting in drift. And since there is no external frame of reference, there is no way to know where the "center" is without the user keeping their head still (below a threshold). Thus, I guess a very slow "3D Auto" mode would be one of (the only?) ways to get what you are looking for (one that would center if you hold your head still for a number of seconds).

Given this, the user should be able to set the speed of 3D Auto mode in the Mobius app, with the slowest speed being something like I just described above (in order to correct for drift), and the fastest being (something else I've seen requested on this forum) "always centered."

Why not just have it re-center itself more frequently if ten minutes seems to be about the average time the drifting starts? So every 7 minutes it just re-centers based your current position for example, then someone like Mad Lust Envy won't have to manually recenter it every ten minutes, and a firmware update will make the rest of us never have to experience this issue to begin with.

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #4,491 of 7,693
The way some people are describing their experiences while using the USB connection makes it sound like there is the possibility to have 5.1/7.1 playback WITH or WITHOUT 3D, and i can't really wrap my head around how that would work or what that really means.
Would 7.1 without 3D be like speakers placed in "no room" or an anechoic chamber without reflections of walls?

Turning 3D off even with 7.1 is the same as 2ch. I figure that like other devices, the entire sound is just piped into 2 channels on the fly.

I guess the best way to get 7.1 with HTRF and not a lot of processing is just turn room ambience all the way down on the software. Like Audeze said, there's still crossfeed.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #4,492 of 7,693

7.1 means surround sound. You're in the center of all the action. When you are wearing the headphones the front sound effects will still need be in front of you when you turn your head.

With 3d enabled, when you turn your head to the left, front sound effects will then become sound coming from your right.

Edit: sound that was on your left, will now become sound coming in front of you.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 5:33 PM Post #4,493 of 7,693
Curious if anyone has installed androidx86 on their pc and if it allows ldac? Might be worth it for accessing wireless hi-bit rate music and movies from a pc.
http://www.android-x86.org/

Also wondering if the ldac codecs latency stays static and could it be adjusted using vlc's(or equivilant) audio sync slider if the autosync is not functioning properly?

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #4,494 of 7,693
Turning 3D off even with 7.1 is the same as 2ch. I figure that like other devices, the entire sound is just piped into 2 channels on the fly.

I guess the best way to get 7.1 with HTRF and not a lot of processing is just turn room ambience all the way down on the software. Like Audeze said, there's still crossfeed.

Are you referring to the Creator Software package during the campaign ( now in their store) ? I didn't opt for that. Is there any other Software I am not aware of?

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #4,495 of 7,693
Great, thank you! I'll be able to free up some ports, just wanted to make sure that 5.1/7.1 will run with normal usb-c to usb-a connection and that the 5.1 and 7.1 are not exclusive to usb-c connections only.

No problem, yes any USB connection to a PC or Mac whether C or A will work with 5.1 & 7.1, the transmission is the same over both.

Hmm, so many console gamers on here. I wasn't expecting that honestly. I am interested to hear what the hardcore pc gamers thinks of this thing. (And no that's not a dig at the console community) I seriously can't wait to get my hands on these cans. Looking forward to a marathon gaming session with them. I am thinking PubG, No Man's Sky, the BioShock series, Dead Space series, Arma 3, Vermintide 2, Subnautica, Witcher 3, Doom 2016, Sniper Elite 4 and then maybe throw some Rust and Ark up in there along with some atmospheric games like Amnesia. Man, the day these cans show up it's going to be one hell of a gaming binge. lol

I used to be a big PC gamer, always would get games for it that I wanted better graphics for, but then when PS4 Pro & Xbox One X came out with HDR & 4k support, it just looks so good on my LG E6 OLED. Iv'e just been waiting for HDR computer monitors to come out to get back in PC gaming more again, but they are taking forever to start coming out with them. But I will admit that Mobius will get me back to setting up my PC again, haven't even had it running since December since I kind of have went the Mac direction over the past year, that will be my project for this weekend, PC will need many OS & software updates.

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #4,496 of 7,693

Thanks for your answer, but i still dont get it i guess...
If i Feed 7.1 native to the Mobius from a BluRay or game, what will be the difference between 3D on or off?
To fool my brain into believing there are 7 speakers around me i need HRTF simulation, so what use case would be 7.1 audio without 3D on? :triportsad:

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #4,497 of 7,693
7.1 means surround sound. You're in the center of all the action. When you are wearing the headphones the front sound effects will still need be in front of you when you turn your head.

With 3d enabled, when you turn your head to the left, front sound effects will then become sound coming from your right.

Edit: sound that was on your left, will now become sound coming in front of you.

Thanks for your answer.
So if i understand this correctly, 7.1 input has hrtf and room simulation active anyway and 3D only turns the Tracking on or off?

Aug 8, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #4,498 of 7,693
Are you referring to the Creator Software package during the campaign ( now in their store) ? I didn't opt for that. Is there any other Software I am not aware of?

No, the Creator Software Package comes with the Waves Nx software for developers, he is referring to the "Audeze HQ application for Windows" that allows you to change more settings for Mobius, it's free.

Here is the link:

https://www.audeze.com/audeze-hq-application

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #4,499 of 7,693
Curious if anyone has installed androidx86 on their pc and if it allows ldac? Might be worth it for accessing wireless hi-bit rate music and movies from a pc.
http://www.android-x86.org/

Also wondering if the ldac codecs latency stays static and could it be adjusted using vlc's(or equivilant) audio sync slider if the autosync is not functioning properly?
Wouldn't one still need an bluetooth transmitter with LDAC plugged into the PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back