• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 31, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #3,631 of 7,693
My only on hand reference is the sony wireless iem with anc. The Mobius hisses slightly more. Closest approximation is lightly rubbing my fingers about 6-8inches straight out of my ear(so to my left and right, perpendicular to my head.)

For further reference I live in a very surprisingly quiet little apartment. The AC is definitely louder than the hiss but of course when you put on the headphones, that cuts the AC and now the hiss is louder than the AC through the headphones.
Fair enough, thanks for trying to quantify it.

Jul 31, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #3,633 of 7,693
Oh man, imagine if Audeze put A/C in these......

It would blow your mind, literally.

Thanks for update @KMann. Take as long as you need for my part, I don't care if I'd have to wait a bit extra in case there's something that can still be done to mitigate hiss lvls.

I can personally whitstand little bit of white noise as my previous source wasn't fully silent either and it was barely audible but my mind quickly got used to it as it was very very faint but there's always a certain lvl where it becomes disturbing and ofc difficult to say without having heard it but would suck to send it back to US from europe in case it was bothersome enough. Unlike maybe some others I tend to wear headphones all the time at the computer and don't take it off when just browsing the net so if there's no sound playing my mind would easily start focusing on the noise if it was very noticeable which would get bothering in the long run but thing is even my computer is not quite silent and roughly equal to AC at medium speed and this is from 1 meter distance so chances are room ambience could block out most of it anyway.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #3,635 of 7,693
Thanks for update @KMann. Take as long as you need for my part, unlike some others I don't care if I'd have to wait a bit extra in case there's something that can still be done to mitigate hiss lvls.
I agree completely. Even if it takes many weeks or months, I'd prefer to be patient and eventually receive a hiss-free or hiss-greatly-reduced product than to have one right now but with hiss as loud as ANC.

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #3,640 of 7,693
You joined Headfi one day before me, ha ha :)
Oh really? Yeah I see that, haha! Did you catch the “Typical Head-Fi’er Andy” thread somewhere in the middle? That was funny. And “Andy” was a class act, first ever post got tons of likes, his only ever post was to bring health awareness, and deservedly got even more likes.

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #3,641 of 7,693
I've been playing Destiny 2 since my last post, and haven't had any issues with the hiss being prevalent or distracting.

All I know is that so far, if I had bought this unit, I would be 99% happy.

I think people forget that in video games, even quiet moments usually have SOME ambience which is enough to take away from the hiss.

I dunno. Just don't see what all the fuss is about, but then again, I've had much, MUCH worse hiss from other devices in my lifetime, so this is a non-issue, personally.

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #3,642 of 7,693
I dunno. Just don't see what all the fuss is about, but then again, I've had much, MUCH worse hiss from other devices in my lifetime, so this is a non-issue, personally.

Well for me it's not enough that I don't hear while gaming or listening to music as I wear headphones a lot of the times with no sound playing and often sit hrs on the end at the comp and then maybe 60% of the time there's a sound playing, other times not and don't want to get constantly reminded of the hiss as it becomes something my mind would start focusing on and so it becomes a disturbing factor. But it all depends on the lvl of the hiss, barely audible my mind can probably learn to forget it as white noise is a very natural noise but at a certain lvl it will never be able to forget it and so it causes unneccesary focus that makes me use it less or avoid using it. I returned a Bluetooth headphone once because of a very faint electric chirping noise that could only be heard in a quiet ambience if you focused on it while there was no sound playing (or between some dialogues) but that sound simply became too disturbing for my mind that I avoided using the headphone and ultimately decided to RMA it and was offered money back in the end (although personally I had preferred to get the issue fixed as I otherwise really liked it).

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #3,643 of 7,693
I'm new hear so go easy, though I have followed this thread in it's entirety. I am somewhat relieved that Audeze have addressed both the issues that arose today and I eagerly await their view on the subject of 'hissgate'. For gaming atm I use Audio Technica ATH-ADG1X, (same as the one's used by Summit - for you gamers/twitch watchers out there. They are very good in all regards but the Mobius I believe offers so much more in sound stage combined with head tracking. Primarily I play Tarkov and a little PUBG and I have to say that in these games at no point would there be total silence so I, personally, do not perceive a low level of hiss to be an issue. If it is pronounced it could be a concern for movie watchers where dead silence preempts a jump scare or indeed orchestral pieces. I don't expect the Mobius to replace my proper headphones, LCD-X's, paired with a Naim DAC-V1, which I just love for music, but for the movies and gaming, I'm a little piqued. ( Just can't wait like the majority of you)

Jul 31, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #3,644 of 7,693
Well for me it's not enough that I don't hear while gaming or listening to music as I wear headphones a lot of the times with no sound playing and often sit hrs on the end at the comp and then maybe 60% of the time there's a sound playing, other times not and don't want to get constantly reminded of the hiss as it becomes something my mind would start focusing on and so it becomes a disturbing factor. But it all depends on the lvl of the hiss, barely audible my mind can probably learn to forget it as white noise is a very natural noise but at a certain lvl it will never be able to forget it and so it causes unneccesary focus that makes me use it less or avoid using it. I returned a Bluetooth headphone once because of a very faint electric chirping noise that could only be heard in a quiet ambience if you focused on it while there was no sound playing (or between some dialogues) but that sound simply became too disturbing for my mind that I avoided using the headphone and ultimately decided to RMA it and was offered money back in the end (although personally I had preferred to get the issue fixed as I otherwise really liked it).

I feel you. I probably would be driven up the wall if I had to listen to the Mixamp 5.8 or Mixamp 2013 hiss by itself.

The hiss on the Mobius is less in volume so I don't think it'd bother me if it's the only thing that played, but then again I'm used to having a fan on constantly or the fan noise from my PC, alongside the AC unit, so my tolerance for background noise is probably higher than others.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #3,645 of 7,693
I feel you. I probably would be driven up the wall if I had to listen to the Mixamp 5.8 or Mixamp 2013 hiss by itself.

The hiss on the Mobius is less in volume so I don't think it'd bother me if it's the only thing that played, but then again I'm used to having a fan on constantly or the fan noise from my PC, alongside the AC unit, so my tolerance for background noise is probably higher than others.

Yea that's the important thing to remember here is that the tolerance level of hiss is very subjective as well as there's many other external factors as your room ambience noise level and your hearing etc. but one thing is sure, lower is always better. If Audeze wants to get a chance to grow into the e-Sports community which is a very lucrative and growing market and good market to be in for anything gaming pheriperals then they shouldn't take the hiss "issue" lightly as for competitive gaming hearing the faintest noise of an enemy can sometimes be matter of a win or lose.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back