• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 27, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #721 of 7,693
The head tracking on this waves demo (besides being spotty with the Webcam) adds so much to the virtual surround. It feels more lifelike by far than with head tracking turned off which feels far less realistic and natural.

Changing the room size also widens the effect though it adds more reverb and feels more processed at higher settings. Hopefully we'll be able to fine tune it exactly to our preferences in the windows app. I think it will be worth playing plugged in for PC gamers. And if it does well, perhaps there will be future products like perhaps a break out box with many connectivity options for consoles that transmit the sound to the headphone wirelessly. (not really sure of the viability based on console design or the issues that might arise with this idea.)

Are the usb cables going to be braided and pliable?

Personally I'm really excited for this headphone as a portable high quality planar with Bluetooth for audio and surround sound for movies and media as I'm not much of a gamer. Jude and MLE have gotten me pumped for a very high quality sounding portable self contained planner headphone.

The last word in portable high-fi? Probably not as there are some good DACs and amps, but it probably will impress.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #722 of 7,693
Even if I haven't heard them yet I feel confident in saying even at retail price this will be a superb buy and anything below $300 will be a steal (pricing feels pretty aggressive due it's "gaming" aspect where the market is much more price inclined as most gamers wouldn't spend more than 100-$200 or so on a good sounding headset and I get the feeling Audeze is well aware of this and will undercut themselves a bit in order to gain market share in this department).

- Planar Magnetic driver
- Bluetooth
- Head tracking technique

^ This already screams like a $499 package even if the sound performance would be less than stellar for a Planar (at $399 with all the functionality it offers, it wouldn't basically need to perform much more than roughly good sounding ~$200 headphones). New tech usually comes with a big premium, take Taction Kannon headphones with its unique high performance haptic driver costs even $499 yet the sound quality offered is nowhere near that price tag headphones, but it's besides the point as it's not its primary focus. The Mobius headphone again is like a swiss army knife, has all the 3 connectivity options (aux, usb + bluetooth), offers the convenience of Bluetooth which is an ever increasing market and can also function reasonably well for your high quality musical listening needs through AUX with the proved Planar technology and on top of that offers an entirely new feature (head tracking isn't new but integrating it into the headphone itself for total convenience has never been done before). It's hard to not like this headphone, it probably would fit a lot of people's needs (different needs but at least tick some of the boxes if not several of them)

That's really their major advantage. Even if the Head tracking and DSP turns out to be less than ideal Aduze just makes good sounding headphones.

I am interested in hearing if the Audio quality takes a hit though when using the headset and Microphone in wireless mode.

Mar 28, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #724 of 7,693
If connected to PC through USB cord, do these headphones need an actual USB3 port, or will USB2 port work just fine?

You get both types of cables. It will work with older gen USB. USB C to UBS A, or USB C to C.

Mar 28, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #727 of 7,693
Also it seems most PC gamers are lately playing PUBG which only has a stereo signal then is there no real benefit to using the Mobius? Instead just using the DSP on the GSX which does a pretty good job.
Could be pretty interesting to test it out on PUBG or Fortnight. Track where you place in 5 games with another headphone, then use the Mobius and track where you place in the next 5 games. Knowing my luck and the variety of factors from RNG, results could be pretty interesting!

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #731 of 7,693
According to my survey, 75% of the people here went with copper... I like the blue, personally.

Doesn’t surprise me. Copper has more of a versatile vibe while blue is more geared towards being used next to a gaming PC.

(A decade ago we didn’t have customizable LED keyboards so all the Razer accessories had blue LEDs.)

6142421B-F6D4-481F-BA93-DA8AD7654F66.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #733 of 7,693
So, I backed the campaign at $259 (Team Blue, by the way!) and was fine with the price for what we're getting. However, I just looked at the page again a few minutes ago and noticed a spot opened up in the $199 tier and I managed to snag it. Soooo happy right now! :grinning:

Mar 28, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #734 of 7,693
So, I backed the campaign at $259 (Team Blue, by the way!) and was fine with the price for what we're getting. However, I just looked at the page again a few minutes ago and noticed a spot opened up in the $199 tier and I managed to snag it. Soooo happy right now! :grinning:
Lucky! I was cleaning my mechanical keyboard when the Indiegogo launched and missed the $199 price myself.

Doesn’t surprise me. Copper has more of a versatile vibe while blue is more geared towards being used next to a gaming PC.

(A decade ago we didn’t have customizable LED keyboards so all the Razer accessories had blue LEDs.)

Blue LEDs, the best form of PC cooling!

Mar 28, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #735 of 7,693
Personally I don't think you can go wrong with either color, but I went with copper. To me, the copper was more elegant while the blue pops against the black. The blue is stunning, but I was more drawn to the copper. Plus it doesn't hurt that orange hues are my favorite range of color.

Agreed. The blue is really nice, it's just that the copper works well with my office area.

Nice! I don't know who canceled for that spot to open but they missed out. $200 is highway robbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back