• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 20, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #572 of 7,693
Im truly hoping thats the case. I tell myself that Audeze is a reputable company (and they are) and they've been doing this song and dance for a while but at the same time this is a brand new product and the time frame they gave is only three months away. Delays happen but I hope it doesn't occur on this project. I'm super stoked.

As an established company, Audeze has too much to lose to let this go sideways. I'd be shocked if they could not meet the expectations they themselves set. When kickstarter projects go bad or get delayed beyond reason, it reflects very poorly on the sponsor. It's one thing to be a start up and just fold. That said, I think the Indiegogo choice was an unusual one for Audeze.

Changing topics, it would be interesting to find out how many people are buying these for the gaming aspects or simply looking for BT Planars. I could care less about the gaming and 3D side and I suspect a large contingent of buyers is in the same spot. I guess we will never know for sure.

Mar 20, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #573 of 7,693
Changing topics, it would be interesting to find out how many people are buying these for the gaming aspects or simply looking for BT Planars. I could care less about the gaming and 3D side and I suspect a large contingent of buyers is in the same spot. I guess we will never know for sure.

You can put me down as buying these as a bluetooth headset first and foremost.

I have almost bought the Sony ANC phones many many times for travel use but keep resisting...the fact that these are portable bluetooth planars from Audeze, how could I not purchase.

Team Copper!

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #574 of 7,693

I, for one, don't really care about BT or gaming. I'm buying it for the 3D, the novelty, the Audeze name, and the inexpensive Indiegogo price. Little to lose.

Mar 20, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #575 of 7,693
I made a quick and dirty survey to see why everyone's getting these... I'm curious to see the responses. If anyone can think of any changes, let me know.

https://goo.gl/forms/8WFgHh5H0kvjq6Ez1

Edit: I added a choice of console, if gaming... I'm curious to know what everyone's using it for
Edit 2: I changed the second question (on gaming) to check boxes, so you can have multiple answers for it (i.e. PS4, PC, and Switch)

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #576 of 7,693

I'll be using it for predominantly music. I game on PC occasionally, but its main use will be music at work/traveling. Hard to pass up Audeze planars that tick so many boxes for $250.

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #577 of 7,693
It's a Bluetooth planar with great tonal balance to my ears. If that's all it was for the price, it'd STILL be a winner. The fact you're getting even more than that, you gotta be kidding me. Who WOULDN'T be interested?

Mar 20, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #579 of 7,693
I’m just expecting a great-sounding closed-back wireless headphone, not a LCD-2 for $399. Though I do expect it to sound better than my EL-8 Titanium, which had sold for $799.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #580 of 7,693
Thanks for clarifying @AxelCloris . I poured over so many pages looking for answers on how I can use Mobius on my PS4 and XboxX as I primarily game on those platforms. My two Astro A50s are dying (Gen 1 has shredded cups, Gen 2 has significant charging issues - battery, Astro found nothing wrong). I am ready to toss them and stick with this is if I can get Dolby Atmos (I bought the Dolby Atmos App).

So right now, I am fortunate to have three MixAmp TX and MixAmp Pro TR. I bought the Dolby Atmos App when X1X launched. How would it get Dolby Atmos from 3.5MM jack in controller? Or can I use Mixamps?

If I can get surround gaming and 4K movie watching on X1X, then im in.

I plan on eventually getting a PC rig/ HTC VR system in the future so for now, directional head tracking is not a big deal for me.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #582 of 7,693
As an established company, Audeze has too much to lose to let this go sideways. I'd be shocked if they could not meet the expectations they themselves set. When kickstarter projects go bad or get delayed beyond reason, it reflects very poorly on the sponsor. It's one thing to be a start up and just fold. That said, I think the Indiegogo choice was an unusual one for Audeze.

3D Music - the same reason I backed the Ossic X and the Smyth Realizer A16.

Mar 20, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #583 of 7,693
How would it get Dolby Atmos from 3.5MM jack in controller?

I am also trying to work out how I'm going to use this with the Xbox One.
What I do know is the controller will only output stereo. So if the controller will also do atmos, I think the headset can probably expand that into decent surround sound.
But for full 7.1, I believe the headset will need to be connected directly to the MixAmp Pro.

What I want is 7.1 AND chat support on Xbox One. I think this can be achieved by direct connection to a MixAmp Pro, but I can't confirm. The only downside to this is that it won't be wireless anymore, but oh well.

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #584 of 7,693
I am also trying to work out how I'm going to use this with the Xbox One.
What I do know is the controller will only output stereo. So if the controller will also do atmos, I think the headset can probably expand that into decent surround sound.
But for full 7.1, I believe the headset will need to be connected directly to the MixAmp Pro.

What I want is 7.1 AND chat support on Xbox One. I think this can be achieved by direct connection to a MixAmp Pro, but I can't confirm. The only downside to this is that it won't be wireless anymore, but oh well.

Yeah I feel the same way. We will have to wait for another version when they make one that encompasses consoles as well. Guess I'll have to get both

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #585 of 7,693
Honestly my biggest concern is whether they can hit that June deadline. Indiegogo/Kickstarter is rampant with projects where they have a date and then it gets continuously pushed further and further. Kind of like how most times massdrop would quote a month it would ship (for example Feb) and then it gets pushed to March then June then finally September.

My guess is that the large response might cause the completion of delivery to take longer... But I'm guessing it will start at the time they say and continue at what ever production rate they can sustain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back