• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 15, 2018 at 8:42 AM Post #256 of 7,693
I also wonder if the battery is fairly user friendly to replace? Since I Don't live in the US the postage back and forth for battery replacement would be like half the cost of the headphones.

A quote for your quote :p

Audeze will offer battery replacement services if battery needs to be replaced.

I live in Europe and would have the same problem.
I asked if there is the possibility of an authorized dealer in the EU (or Australia, or whatever) doing the replacement, but no answer yet.

Its not only shipping, the bigger problem is to get it all done without paying customs a second time. :triportsad:

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #258 of 7,693
A quote for your quote :p

I live in Europe and would have the same problem.
I asked if there is the possibility of an authorized dealer in the EU (or Australia, or whatever) doing the replacement, but no answer yet.

Its not only shipping, the bigger problem is to get it all done without paying customs a second time. :triportsad:

I know these batteries last a good few years but why can B&O have user replacable batteries in their BT and ANC headphones, yet Audeze (and others) can't?

I also live in Europe and would find the cost impossible to justify.......so these aren't for me.

I also want to ask Audeze what they think about a future where we see 'dead' BT headphones floating in our oceans?

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #260 of 7,693
There are 2 dials on one of the cups, 1 for headphone audio volume, 1 for mic volume.
It changes how loud your microphone is. It's not the same as changing the volume for game and volume of the voices of other players.

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #261 of 7,693
But is there such a receiver?
edit: just tried searching again, looks like there might be some pretty expensive converters that take HDMI input and extract audio and such to transmit via USB. Not entirely sure they work properly for the purpose of these headphones, plus quite expensive (for instance Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI HDMI to USB 3.0 Video Capture Dongle; http://www.magewell.com/usb-capture-hdmi/tech-specs)

The problem is I’m not sure such a receiver exists. You would want a media streamer with USB audio output. The most convenient way to make this work would be HDMI output -> TV (or projector) from a laptop and USB for audio to watch movies. Not sure of any examples of media streamers off the top of my head that do have USB audio output other than a custom HTPC.

So I believe the Nvidia Shield TV streaming box can pass audio over its USB ports. I actually have one at home, but have never had a reason to see if it actually could. I grabbed a pair of Steelseries Arctis Pro + GameDAC a few days ago which uses USB for audio on Windows so I could try it later today and see if it works on the Shield.

Mar 15, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #263 of 7,693
I don't own any gaming headset but are there any out there that does this? Such settings should be in the game options no?
My brother is a hardcore gamer and he was interested until he seen you couldn't change those certain volumes in a box like other gaming headsets. I recommended these to him knowing how awesome anything is that Audeze makes.

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #265 of 7,693
There are headsets that do this, but one can just as easily turn the volume down in the game and/or the volume up in their voice app. First world problems, I guess. lol
You have to go to every single game and do it manually, where a headphone that will cost $400 and not have this basic feature. Turn down game volume separate from the chat volume. So, no it's not a first world problem but a simple feature that cheap headphones have.

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #267 of 7,693
I game, I know how it works. Click-slide. :)
Then you understand the convenience this simple feature provides. Hardcore games will pass on these just for that simple thing. They should have designed it better.

Mar 15, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #268 of 7,693
Then you understand the convenience this simple feature provides. Hardcore games will pass on these just for that simple thing. They should have designed it better.

Actually, what I understand is that to me, sound quality trumps something so minor as having to click a volume control. I use a headset that has the feature now (Plantronics Rig800) but for me, personally, if these sound like other Audeze planars, that carries far more weight in my decision than separate volume controls for voice/game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back