• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #211 of 7,693
These headphones are incredibly interesting, and will probably replace my Oppo PM3+ModMic+2i2+E17 LAN party rig(thanks goodness!). But, and this is a weak point on most "gamer" headsets out there IMHO, I can find nothing about the microphone, which is a pretty important part of a gaming headset I think :). I would love to hear a recording of a few different voices through the mic, perhaps a sample recording with background noise (like a cherry blue KB pecking away). Barring that, at least of a description comparing the mic to say a ModMic, the Game One headset, etc. competing options. Since it is removable, I am wondering if there will be opportunities to upgrade the mic as well (different pickup patterns or a higher quality microphone for example).

During beta testing the last few months we have gotten lot of feedback about the mic and are further fine tuning it. Once we finalize it, we can easily publish the results. We intentionally made it removable, so broadcasters (twitch etc) can use different mics if they wish. It uses standard TRRS connector on the mic. The default mic will be a high quality directional microphone.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #212 of 7,693
The value here is seriously extraordinary. I’m still perplexed and super hyped that Audeze made the decision to put a package like this together. This is basically the most advanced consumer headphone ever.

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #214 of 7,693
Might have missed this earlier in the thread, but judging by the absence of noise cancelling in the advertised features, I take it that there is no active noise cancelling in these headphones?

No. ANC would be a waste in a headphone with <.1% distortion.

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #215 of 7,693
I thought i read that you needed to use the USB C cable to get all the functionality? But now i can't find it.... did i make that up???

Are all the features available when using it via bluetooth? Or is there any benefit to using USB C?

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #216 of 7,693
I thought i read that you needed to use the USB C cable to get all the functionality? But now i can't find it.... did i make that up???

Are all the features available when using it via bluetooth? Or is there any benefit to using USB C?
All the functionality as in true 7.1 surround, with the headtracking working perfectly within that 7.1 virtual surround space. Without it, the limited 2 channel turned into faux surround doesn't work quite as well, though the headtracking still fully encapsulates a virtual room, just with two front virtual speakers as opposed to speakers all around you. It's not quite the same as the full experience.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #217 of 7,693
All the functionality as in true 7.1 surround, with the headtracking working perfectly within that 7.1 virtual surround space. Without it, the limited 2 channel turned into faux surround doesn't work quite as well, though the headtracking still fully encapsulates a virtual room, just with two front virtual speakers as opposed to speakers all around you. It's not quite the same as the full experience.

If you're watching a movie or a show, is it a huge/noticeable difference to have 2-channel with 3D emulation vs 7.1 surround with 3D emulation? Or is stereo + 3D "okay" for general purpose home theater? I'm afraid it's looking like I won't be able to get the surround option to work with the headphones using my living room projector, which is our preferred method of watching stuff. Gaming is mostly on a desktop computer, so getting surround output via USB won't be an issue for that.

Someone needs to offer HDMI -> 7.1 audio via USB converter splitter =/

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #218 of 7,693
Likes and Dislikes:

Pros:

Planarmagnetic
Self driven (no dac/amp needed)
Wireless capability via Bluetooth
Great virtual surround
Amazing Headtracking
So much bang for the money
Stellar sound quality from usb AND bluetooth

Cons:

Noise floor isn't dead silent (Was told directly by Audeze they will be improving the noise floor for the final product)

No full console capability outside of standard aux cable into controller on PS4. Not sure on XB1 or Switch, though if they have a headphone jack somewhere you'll get basic stereo capability.

Aux cable input isn't passive, so no benefit in using your own dac/amps.

Aux cable input may not be unnecessary because bluetooth sound quality is just that good.

This is what worries me the most.
So there is NO WAY to bypass the headphones own dac/amp?

I have seen few people ask it but there is no replies.

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #219 of 7,693
This is what worries me the most.
So there is NO WAY to bypass the headphones own dac/amp?

I have seen few people ask it but there is no replies.

No. The headphone is a powered headphone and the benefit of having the Aux go through the processing is the ability to do Headtracking on Aux input as well. During the design phase we decided to make it completely powered so that the experience on all 3 inputs is similar.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #220 of 7,693
Relax guys, the amplifier in Mobius should be enough to power it to its potential. I’ve been waiting for self-powered wireless headphones with AAC support like this since last year, and my audio dreams have been answered... Definitely wasn’t expecting them to be planar. Audeze and Apple are by far the most innovative in the headphone industry, maybe even more so Audeze.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #221 of 7,693
Relax guys, the amplifier in Mobius should be enough to power it to its potential. I’ve been waiting for self-powered wireless headphones with AAC support like this since last year, and my audio dreams have been answered... Definitely wasn’t expecting them to be planar. Audeze and Apple are by far the most innovative in the headphone industry, maybe even more so Audeze.

Im more worried about the dac part.

Mar 14, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #222 of 7,693
So for the whole couch movie support thing, could a solution look like:

Airplay from CPU to TV via beamer
-> Split HDMI for duplicate outputs with this
-->> Take duplicate output and run through HDMA to USB adaptor like this
--->>> Use USB Extension cable
---->>>> Use USB cable which came with headset
------->>>>> Trees & Profit

... or I guess one could mirror a Mac to an Apple TV screen via airplay and maybe use the onboard sound output #applemasterrace

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #225 of 7,693
Actually, for the couch thing:

Maybe one could use “Airparrot” streamer from the computer to send the movie to the screen and the couch...

Then use a raspberry pi as a 2nd/couch AirPlay receiver with usb audio out...

Would that work? Is this compatible with movies on Linux?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back