• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #196 of 7,693
I picked one up a little while ago on indiegogo. I went with team copper, since I want to sit at work and pretend I'm a real adult. :p

The whole "gamer" thing scared me away for awhile, but after MLE's approval I decided to go for it. I've been waiting for a light over ear LCD-sounding headphone for a long time, so I'm pretty excited. Bluetooth and spacial stuff is just icing on the cake.

I will say, though, I'm really disappointed to hear Audeze isn't planning on making an EQ app. Sure, EQ presets are cool and all that, but being able to set your own EQ is the difference between a good headphone with a fatal flaw, and a fantastic headphone you love. If I couldn't EQ the LCD-2C to cut down the harsh upper treble on my unit, I would have almost certainly returned them. And sure, I can EQ on my desktop, but then it's just stuck to being desktop-only, where I have an HD800 and LCD-2C.

Please please let us EQ these things ourselves Audeze. Even if it's just from the desktop application!

With the same driver technology as our LCD series, ultra thin diaphragm, extremely low distortion drivers, linear response and fine control we have over the diaphragm, with AAC and LDAC support, one will be hard pressed to find a better sounding (not just tonally, but also in clarity, speed and detail retrieval) wireless headphone.

Linear response and extremely low distortions allow the use of DSPs not just for 3D audio but also to add transparent Cipher DSP presets. On a PC/Mac setup, 3D can be turned of and it is also possible to turn off the inbuilt DSP preset by setting the preset mode to 'Flat', then use Audeze Reveal plugin or your favorite plugin to personalize the tonal response. We anticipate most will like the default tuning built through Cipher DSP presets but i understand we head-fiers like to tinker. Though we are currently not offering a EQ app, the hardware supports it and we are not rejecting the possibility if we see the demand.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM Post #198 of 7,693
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #199 of 7,693
With the same driver technology as our LCD series, ultra thin diaphragm, extremely low distortion drivers, linear response and fine control we have over the diaphragm, with AAC and LDAC support, one will be hard pressed to find a better sounding (not just tonally, but also in clarity, speed and detail retrieval) wireless headphone.

Linear response and extremely low distortions allow the use of DSPs not just for 3D audio but also to add transparent Cipher DSP presets. On a PC/Mac setup, 3D can be turned of and it is also possible to turn off the inbuilt DSP preset by setting the preset mode to 'Flat', then use Audeze Reveal plugin or your favorite plugin to personalize the tonal response. We anticipate most will like the default tuning built through Cipher DSP presets but i understand we head-fiers like to tinker. Though we are currently not offering a EQ app, the hardware supports it and we are not rejecting the possibility if we see the demand.

I’m still curious: why market primarily as a gaming headset when this is a wireless Audeze headphone, and likely the best wireless headphone on the market by a wide margin at that?

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #200 of 7,693
Man. These seem pretty incredible but I'm yet another in the disappointed boat at the lack of native console support. Well not just that, we'll say lack of couch support, lol. These are marketed as a surround experience for movies and gaming, but how many people are actually enjoying their movies sitting at a computer desk? I wish Audeze could release some sort of HDMI passthrough emitter, or optical/toslink emitter that was compatible with these, making them compatible with all forms of media, and not just pc. There is still incredible value here: still a stereo mode with head tracking, still a workaround for 3d dsp through a astro mixamp or soundblaster, still a a wireless audeze planar for a wonderful price, but not being able to enjoy this device at its pure and intended purpose 90% of the time leaves me a little saddened, and also hesitant. It may be worth not giving in to the temptation of the early adopter price and waiting until a version 2 gets released with this tech being implemented in some way. If Audeze is serious about the gaming space, which seems they are, there is no way they can ignore the console market, which i believe they wont. I just think native support will come later, and I would rather wait and buy in when that happens.

In all honesty though, still an incredible value and I might still buy in now anyways lol. I consider myself fairly lucky for owning not one, but two of the universal Astro wireless mixamps (no longer made). I could still get some good living room enjoyment.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #202 of 7,693
Man. These seem pretty incredible but I'm yet another in the disappointed boat at the lack of native console support. Well not just that, we'll say lack of couch support, lol. These are marketed as a surround experience for movies and gaming, but how many people are actually enjoying their movies sitting at a computer desk? I wish Audeze could release some sort of HDMI passthrough emitter, or optical/toslink emitter that was compatible with these, making them compatible with all forms of media, and not just pc.

That would be amazing! I plan on using my Mobius with my projector / Steamlink, and there's no option with that set up to get surround sound to the headphones, unfortunately.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #205 of 7,693
I guess the fact that Mobius is also the best-sounding wireless headphone on the market will just be a secret among audiophiles :wink:.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #208 of 7,693
How would one go about connecting the Mobius to Xbox One and make use of it 3D processing?

Simplest way is the same as any other headset. Plug it into the controller (with the 3.5mm) and enable it on the headset and in your Xbox settings enable headphones and either Sonic/Atmos.

Other way is through the optical output on the back you’d need a dac/amp (I use the Micca Origen+) and plug in the headset again through he 3.5mm aux connection. As far as I understand that will allow you to use the localization of the headset with the 3D imaging of the console Sonic/atmos but I’d like further explanation if this will work properly from anybody here who may know.

Mar 14, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #210 of 7,693
These headphones are incredibly interesting, and will probably replace my Oppo PM3+ModMic+2i2+E17 LAN party rig(thanks goodness!). But, and this is a weak point on most "gamer" headsets out there IMHO, I can find nothing about the microphone, which is a pretty important part of a gaming headset I think :). I would love to hear a recording of a few different voices through the mic, perhaps a sample recording with background noise (like a cherry blue KB pecking away). Barring that, at least of a description comparing the mic to say a ModMic, the Game One headset, etc. competing options. Since it is removable, I am wondering if there will be opportunities to upgrade the mic as well (different pickup patterns or a higher quality microphone for example).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back