• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #167 of 7,693
So for someone who might be interested in buying a Mixamp once the Mobius is in hand, what is the proper way to set it up? Optical into the Mixamp, USB to your console, and 3.5mm from the Mobius to the Mixamp. Then turn on 3D on the Mobius for head tracking and 7.1 virtualization?

Having just tried this, but with an X7 instead of the Mixamp, and I feel that it's just too much processing/reverb. Personally with this method, I'd turn on the Mixamp's virtual surround, but turn off the 3D audio on the Mobius. The Mobius does a fine job with external virtual surround DSPs when using the Aux input. You do miss out on head tracking though.

My two cents.

I previously tried it with my X7 but I had the volume on the amp turned too high and was getting noise, but after lowering it, it sounds just fine. I wouldn't have any problem gaming with the Mobius on consoles like the PS4 now.

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #172 of 7,693
Having just tried this, but with an X7 instead of the Mixamp, and I feel that it's just too much processing/reverb. Personally with this method, I'd turn on the Mixamp's virtual surround, but turn off the 3D audio on the Mobius. The Mobius does a fine job with external virtual surround DSPs when using the Aux input. You do miss out on head tracking though.

My two cents.

I previously tried it with my X7 but I had the volume on the amp turned too high and was getting noise, but after lowering it, it sounds just fine. I wouldn't have any problem gaming with the Mobius on consoles like the PS4 now.
I agree with you on the double processing increasing reverb. If it's too much, disabling the 3D engine is the way to go. If Audeze ever comes out with a Mobius that supports both console and PC, it'll be a day 1 purchase for me. For now though, I'm ok with the increased reverb level on my Mixamp/Mobius combo.

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #173 of 7,693
@Audeze will this product be completly certified for the EU market? I ask, because wireless devices need intensive testing in our customs and the testing will be much more expensive than the headphone, that is for sure.So does it have complete CE certification?

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #174 of 7,693
ait so they good for gaming, which I dont do much anymore.
Will they be worth buying for music alone?
Absolutely. Wireless + music = hnnnnng

Though not sure you'll be engaging headtracking much for music, unless you want to feel like you're listening to two speakers in a room, as opposed to headphones.

Mar 14, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #175 of 7,693
Out of curiosity, does anyone know whether you can have it paired to a device via bluetooth while charging it with a cable via a normal phone charger?
Yes. This works an you can even have two audio sources connected. One to BT and one to USB and switch between them. For example answer a phone call on BT, when you are connected over USB by switching to BT and then back.
@Audeze will this product be completly certified for the EU market? I ask, because wireless devices need intensive testing in our customs and the testing will be much more expensive than the headphone, that is for sure.So does it have complete CE certification?
Yes. We are working on them. We will have complete certification for every market we sell the headphones into

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 14, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #176 of 7,693
Just bought a copper unit, mainly for gaming but they also sound like the ultimate "office cans"!

I'll be gaming on Xbox Live - do I need a workaround for 3D/surround to work on console?

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #177 of 7,693
Just bought a copper unit, mainly for gaming but they also sound like the ultimate "office cans"!

I'll be gaming on Xbox Live - do I need a workaround for 3D/surround to work on console?
The virtual surround is mainly tied to usb/pc. It won't work to its full extent on Xbox. Workaround will be to get an external virtual surround device, and plug the Mobius aux cable into that. Like a Mixamp. Otherwise, you're just gonna be expanding 2 channels into a less than ideal surround virtual room, which sounds more like you're listening to a pair of stereo speakers, which aren't going to give you any real 360 degree positional cues.

Long story short, if your main use is console gaming, this honestly isn't the best product for that.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #178 of 7,693
I agree with you on the double processing increasing reverb. If it's too much, disabling the 3D engine is the way to go. If Audeze ever comes out with a Mobius that supports both console and PC, it'll be a day 1 purchase for me. For now though, I'm ok with the increased reverb level on my Mixamp/Mobius combo.

Same.
Im going to skip this product due to its lack of compatibility with the consoles.Hopefully @Audeze brings a console version to market soon.I will be all over it.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #179 of 7,693
Hmm. I'm in. Interesting to see how quickly it's selling, as at least 500+ purchases in the past 4 hours too.

The price is about to go up if it did not already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back