Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
May 7, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #1,306 of 7,693
Some impressions:

https://darko.audio/2018/05/not-for-everyone-audeze-mobius-superbooth-18/

Highlights:

Far more airy & open than the WH-1000XM2 or B&W PX.

Default audio preset follows Harman curve. Other presets are available including a flat preset & various other signatures.

“Master/reference quality” sound.

His only knocks are against the plasticy build quality.

Lots of potential here.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,307 of 7,693
Well, thank you for replying, anyway. I`ve missed a FAQ section at Audeze website, now I found it.

I`m surprised that Mobius would not have full support for consoles. AUX input leads to unnecessary DA-AD conversion, which affects sound quality. I don`t think it`s acceptable for an "award-winning audiophile sound".

Sorry bout the other guy's bit of a rude response. We want threads like this to be inviting and helpful.

Unfortunately getting these headphones to work on console would require additional certification and verification. Audeze didn't want to go through this process for their first gaming headphones to avoid delays and other issues associated with first learning how to do something. I would not be surprised though if these are successful if we see them go through that process at some point. Well maybe not these exact headphones but an iteration on them of some sort.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #1,308 of 7,693
Sorry bout the other guy's bit of a rude response. We want threads like this to be inviting and helpful.

Unfortunately getting these headphones to work on console would require additional certification and verification. Audeze didn't want to go through this process for their first gaming headphones to avoid delays and other issues associated with first learning how to do something. I would not be surprised though if these are successful if we see them go through that process at some point. Well maybe not these exact headphones but an iteration on them of some sort.

I believe they said it was unlikely that it would be 'this' headphone however that would get certification.

So I wouldn't getting hoping for the future.

What you read is what you get !

May 7, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #1,309 of 7,693

Thank you for your answer. For now there are no high quality headphones for consoles. Sad, but true. Hope we will see a Mobius 2 in future.

May 7, 2018 at 4:30 PM Post #1,310 of 7,693
Some impressions:

https://darko.audio/2018/05/not-for-everyone-audeze-mobius-superbooth-18/

Highlights:

Far more airy & open than the WH-1000XM2 or B&W PX.

Default audio preset follows Harman curve. Other presets are available including a flat preset & various other signatures.

“Master/reference quality” sound.

His only knocks are against the plasticy build quality.

Lots of potential here.

I would have like him to elaborate more on the following:

"Even more impressive was the Mobius’ rendering of a movie (trailer) where a keen sense of image specificity and high drama macro dynamics delivered numerous wow moments."

I would have liked him to specify whether the "image specificity" and "high drama macro dynamics" he is referring to appear to be coming out of virtual speakers, and if so, how far outside the head those speakers appear to be placed...

Also, talking about "knocks," I wonder whether one shouldn't count his "Mobius headphone isn't just for me" quip as one ("Their over-sized nature – apparently standard in gaming headsets – exposes them to possible outside interference, further underscoring that the Mobius headphone just isn’t for me...)

I understand his reasons (he is no gamer, and can only possibly be interested in its 2-channel listening functionality), but whenever I read "it is just not for me" in a review, I can't help counting it as a knock... but maybe that is just me...

By the way, I am not a gamer myself, but I am getting this for OTG music and, especially, movies on my laptop, and for those, that is plenty...

On and, "the sonic signature is somewhat familiar to LCD-X owners"? What does the really mean?

May 7, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #1,311 of 7,693
On and, "the sonic signature is somewhat familiar to LCD-X owners"? What does the really mean?

I’ve heard numerous times that Audeze had the LCD-X in mind while tuning Mobius. I’ve also heard multiple comparisons specifically to that headphone, including in Jude’s preview.

Now, of course the LCD-X is open-back so I wonder how Mobius will compare to the closed-back LCD-XC.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #1,312 of 7,693
11CCAE94-0925-4C3F-B793-4AB897D42A34.jpeg

Speaking of.

May 7, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #1,313 of 7,693
I’ve heard numerous times that Audeze had the LCD-X in mind while tuning Mobius. I’ve also heard multiple comparisons specifically to that headphone, including in Jude’s preview.

Now, of course the LCD-X is open-back so I wonder how Mobius will compare to the closed-back LCD-XC.

It wouldn't really be surprising if the mobius did have a similar sound signature. I've had Audio Technica open and closed back headphones and they all managed to retain the signature V-Shape that Audio Technica cans have. That said, sound signature and audio quality are two entirely different things.

May 7, 2018 at 11:06 PM Post #1,314 of 7,693
It wouldn't really be surprising if the mobius did have a similar sound signature. I've had Audio Technica open and closed back headphones and they all managed to retain the signature V-Shape that Audio Technica cans have. That said, sound signature and audio quality are two entirely different things.

The audio quality is also reported to be very, very good with very low distortion. They aren't open-back and the main caveat is that the built in dac and amp are the ceiling as far as signal chain goes. That said I expect them to sound better than the Sine portable close-backs with the cipher cable. We'll hear for ourselves soon.

May 7, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #1,315 of 7,693
That said I expect them to sound better than the Sine portable close-backs with the cipher cable. We'll hear for ourselves soon.

Audeze has hinted as much, which will be extremely impressive. I think few people will be disappointed with this headphone at this price point.

May 8, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #1,316 of 7,693
Thank you for your answer. For now there are no high quality headphones for consoles. Sad, but true. Hope we will see a Mobius 2 in future.

What? You know you can run most every high end gear on consoles just like you can on PC? You can run a Utopia/Simaudio MOON combo if you so chose.

May 8, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #1,317 of 7,693
What? You know you can run most every high end gear on consoles just like you can on PC? You can run a Utopia/Simaudio MOON combo if you so chose.
Of course I know that I could take my DAC, amp and all other hi-fi gear :) But I was talking about surround sound. Our normal DACs are stereo, they can`t decode Dolby bitstream (or whatever digital stream from console is called) and they can`t emulate surround sound in headphones (like Dolby headphone and others). If you need just stereo - no problem, there are thousands of choices. If you need surround in headphones - your choices are very limited.

May 8, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #1,318 of 7,693
But surround sound in headphones is just software, don't you have those mix amps and what not that contains that software so you can have whatever headphone you want? I could be missing something since I haven't had a console since I was a kid with the first Xbox due to their lack of, well everything.

May 8, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #1,319 of 7,693
But surround sound in headphones is just software, don't you have those mix amps and what not that contains that software so you can have whatever headphone you want?
It`s quite a difference when virtual surround sound is emulated from stereo, or from real 5.1(7.1) signal. After all, computer also allows you to use any hi-fi equipment, but Mobius came up. Why? Because there is a need for headset with gaming features, surround sound and hi-fi sound quality. Before that you could have only one or another, Mobius should change that for PC. Consoles are pretty much in the same situation.

May 8, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #1,320 of 7,693
I pulled the trigger on the Mobius. I was on the fence for the LONGEST since I am solely a console gamer. I wanted a closed back specifically for gaming and now I have it.

I have the HD800 as my gaming can right now and I know that it is hard to beat in regards to gaming, BUT I would like to cut down on all the outside noises I hear... I got the blue pair and feel like I am in the minority ha. I want to reach for something fun when I am about to game so thats why I chose that! I think the time they say it should come out is more then acceptable btw.

Cheers to all that bought it, considering it, or don't want it :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back