Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 4, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #7,517 of 7,693
I am quite sure my version has serious bugs as:
1. Head tracking stays to the right ear cup afta few minutes so keep having to press the 3d button to centre it.
2. The notification volume is extremely loud.

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #7,518 of 7,693
The Mobius is perhaps the most ambitious product we have done. It is different than any other headphone in the market both in the feature set and sound quality.

It is our first Bluetooth Headphone. Supports USB-C and Analog as well. Light-weight and Comfortable, you can use it for hours.

It has an accelerometer and gyroscope that tracks your head-movements every milli-second and creates amazing 3D audio, unlike any other headphone in the world. The last few months we have given quite a few demos and in almost every case watched the jaw drop. For gaming, movie-watching, Vr content creation, there is almost no other headphone that does what Mobius does.

The headphone is ready, but we have no idea about the demand. So we have put it on IndeiGoGo for a month. If we pass all certifications, Shipping starts in June. If you are in LA area, drop by and try the Mobius at our office.
Really proud of the team at Audeze for pulling this off.

You forgot to mention that if there are bugs and performance issues, these will not be addressed unless you have access to a Windows Computer.

Should have been upfront about it.

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #7,521 of 7,693
Last edited:
Aug 24, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #7,525 of 7,693
Fully agree!

Mine look the same. I even did a test where I disassembled a pair of Moebius earpads and hooked the Brainwavz up to this plastic platform. Actually not a good idea. It just gets to high overall. So I returned to the original way you show in your pictures.

I have to be honest, putting the Brainwavz on and off take so much time that I can‘t do a fair comparison. But I am sure that the sound is not getting worse and the comfort is so much better. They are incredible comfortable. Highly recommended if you want to wear them for a long time. It would be interesting to have some measurements.
You know where to get them from:ksc75smile:

Aug 30, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #7,526 of 7,693
Fully agree! Mine look the same. I even did a test where I disassembled a pair of Moebius earpads and hooked the Brainwavz up to this plastic platform. Actually not a good idea. It just gets to high overall. So I returned to the original way you show in your pictures

I have to be honest, putting the Brainwavz on and off take so much time that I can‘t do a fair comparison. But I am sure that the sound is not getting worse and the comfort is so much better. They are incredible comfortable. Highly recommended if you want to wear them for a long time. It would be interesting to have some measurements.
For those interested here are relative measurements of the Brainwavz HM5 angled sheepskin earpads,
https://smile.amazon.com/Brainwavz-...led+sheepskin&qid=1567180849&s=gateway&sr=8-1

These pads are extremely comfortable and have a good fit on the Mobius.
Left pad's mounting ring covers parts of the controls and connections if used without underlying felt disk.
Inner size is 67 to 40 mm, 22 mm deep at the front, 33 at the back.
Mobius original is 63 to 45mm, 22mm deep
So for those with big ears it might be too small front to back.

The curve measurements were made on an orthoplastic copy of my own ears.
The curves show the relative changes, compared to the original Mobius earpads.

Green curve: pads were mounted directly to the Mobius.
Orange curve: there was a 3 mm felt disc in between. It covers all the area from the edge to the driver, with cut outs for the elevated parts of the soundboard.
IMG_1208.PNG

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #7,527 of 7,693
I can't get USB mode to work properly when connected to an external USB hub. It only plays sound in headset mode and at a ridiculously low sample rate that makes it sound like a tin can phone. I'm guessing this is normal?

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #7,528 of 7,693
For those interested here are relative measurements of the Brainwavz HM5 angled sheepskin earpads,
https://smile.amazon.com/Brainwavz-...led+sheepskin&qid=1567180849&s=gateway&sr=8-1

These pads are extremely comfortable and have a good fit on the Mobius.
Left pad's mounting ring covers parts of the controls and connections if used without underlying felt disk.
Inner size is 67 to 40 mm, 22 mm deep at the front, 33 at the back.
Mobius original is 63 to 45mm, 22mm deep
So for those with big ears it might be too small front to back.

The curve measurements were made on an orthoplastic copy of my own ears.
The curves show the relative changes, compared to the original Mobius earpads.

Green curve: pads were mounted directly to the Mobius.
Orange curve: there was a 3 mm felt disc in between. It covers all the area from the edge to the driver, with cut outs for the elevated parts of the soundboard.

Thank you so much for doing these measurements. So the Brainwavz do change the sound quite strongly. Now the big question is if there is a profile which will actually compensate those effects in the best way.

Aug 30, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #7,529 of 7,693
Would you mind posting the responses of the Mobius' stock pads and brainwavz pads as well?
Would also be cool if you could pull off a prtf measurement like rtings and see if there's differences there between the stock and brainwavz pads.
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/soundstage

The brainwavz pads really are a great fit, the comforts great, and I enjoy the effects on the sound compared to the stock pads.

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #7,530 of 7,693
Thank you so much for doing these measurements. So the Brainwavz do change the sound quite strongly. Now the big question is if there is a profile which will actually compensate those effects in the best way.
These are the sheepskin ones, pleather might not have the same drop at 250-600Hz, as it's usually a bit stiffer.
I'm so far quite happy with the sound changes by the Brainwavz pads, as they brighten up the darker signiture caused by Firmware V5.

Would you mind posting the responses of the Mobius' stock pads and brainwavz pads as well?
Would also be cool if you could pull off a prtf measurement like rtings and see if there's differences there between the stock and brainwavz pads.
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/soundstage

The brainwavz pads really are a great fit, the comforts great, and I enjoy the effects on the sound compared to the stock pads.
I don't do these "PRTF" measurements, sorry. It's a special rtings.com measurment that cannot easily be reproduced by someone else. They have their own "Reference Loudspeaker", not further defined, as base.

I wouldn't publish the absolute responses yet, as they are uncompensated ear related and therefore misleading.

This graph actually IS the comparison, the difference between stock and Brainwavz Angled Sheepskin earpads.
Stock is reference, Green is direct mount, Orange mounted with 3mm felt disc:
IMG_1208.PNG

And here possible candidates for partly compensation, personly I like "Music" with 3D:
IMG_1211.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back