• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #5,957 of 7,693
Received mine yesterday and spent a couple of hours listening to music in the evening (iPhone Bluetooth). Its default sound mode has a nice, smooth signature with a bit of bass punch and just enough high-end detail for my ears--so far, so good!!!

Edit: just finished watching a couple of TV shows and testing some movie clips--love the soundstage!

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #5,959 of 7,693
Is there a thread to talk about the Mobius shipping update?

There is none. So no point in whining about the people that whine about their shipping.

Per Audeze 2400 units should have been shipped to SFC as of last Friday. Have they all received tracking number from SFC?

Per Audeze they had promised that they would take charge of sending timely shipping updates. Not seen that.

For people that have got tracking number (including me) but no movement whatsoever on the shipping even after 8 days, what's the phone number or email address to reach audeze?

I had emailed the email address copied in the tracking email. No response yet from Audeze. They still might respond. So not complaining. But adding it only as information.

Even after 8 days there's no movement and if it truly is lost in transit, buyers need to be let known how they're covered.

So far from what I've seen based on the places in tracking, it looks like SFC picks it up from the manufacturing warehouse and moves it north to their hub.

Then drive it to south to Hong Kong. There it has to go through customs for it to be shipped out.

Then it has to reach the country of destination. Customs again. Then hand over to local carrier.

It looks like above. But in reality it looks like below:

BEGIN SARCASM

Sfc will pick up one item and walk to their hub. Then walk it down to Hong Kong.

Then they will come back to pick up the next item and repeat the process.

Once the customs us done in Hong Kong, they will tie the package to a pigeon and if the pigeon makes its way to the destination then the buyer is lucky. Else its their bad luck

END SARCASM.

It's that slow. So it is what it is.

At the same time waiting for many days with the possibility of it getting lost in transit is an issue that Audeze should give assurance about.

Aug 31, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #5,960 of 7,693
I wish I could, but I do not yet have a unit to make any comments. It'd be great if those who received it leave feedback. :)
This thread has turned into what you like, shipping updates of the mobius, and compared to the talk about shipping (and godawful whining), hardly any reviews and/or technical aspects of the unit.
I can definitely sympathize and with wanting to have a dedicated place for impressions/reviews and think that it is a great way to get info more easily than doing the regular forum slog. But I also get excited hearing about others receiving their units or getting close to receiving units. It makes me receiving my unit feel that much closer.

Super stoked to get mine.

Aug 31, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #5,961 of 7,693
so far, so good!!!

Awesome :)

Comfy?

edit: I'd love to read what you think of the different modes, but as a favour to the community could you describe the tracking and delivery process?

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #5,962 of 7,693
Got mine this morning. Have to say very impressed - in comparison to my HD600 this has mids that are just as smooth but with much better bass and clarity. I thought I was happy with my Fidelio X2s but this is better in every way so far.

I’m mainly using the Hi-Res mode - default preset with Tidal Master so far but I did try the 3D for a bit and it gives you a feeling of space around you and moves everything when you turn it’s very natural I didn’t know what to expect but it is very natural. Need more time for good comparison but I’m very impressed right out of the box with these.

As for the hiss issue I hear a minimal sound comparable to my old Bose Q15s when nothing is playing, absolutely no issues when there is sound playing so far.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #5,963 of 7,693
Man! Hearing all these shipping updates feels like we are all just doing this...

Refresh.gif

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #5,965 of 7,693
Awesome :)

Comfy?

edit: I'd love to read what you think of the different modes, but as a favour to the community could you describe the tracking and delivery process?

**very** comfy--light enough that I can forget I'm wearing them, and not too tight on the ears/head.

I mainly tried the default and music modes; my initial impression was that I liked the default mode more than the music mode, even for music listening. Flipping through the sound presets is a bit tricky, but as I skipped through the other presets on my way back and forth between those two (default/music), the sound didn't seem to change dramatically.

Regarding delivery: I have a United States Postal Service (USPS) alert set up, so they automatically send me texts when there's a package on the way to my address. I received an initial message on the 28th that USPS was awaiting receipt of a package in Texas (with tracking number attached), then the package was delivered to me 2 days later in Washington.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #5,967 of 7,693
**very** comfy

I mainly tried the default and music modes; my initial impression was that I liked the default mode more than the music mode, even for music listening. Flipping through the sound presets is a bit tricky, but as I skipped through the other presets on my way back and forth between those two (default/music), the sound didn't seem to change dramatically.

Regarding delivery: I have a United States Postal Service (USPS) alert set up, so they automatically send me texts when there's a package on the way to my address. I received an initial message on the 28th that USPS was awaiting receipt of a package in Texas, then the package was delivered to me 2 days later in Washington.
How's the clamping force? I always found the LCD-X to be just a tich on the clampy side. I couldn't wear the HD 650s for long because they were super clampy, until I stretched them out overnight on a wide box.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #5,968 of 7,693
I moved my discussions of sound/EQ/measurements to the new thread.

Clamping force = its got some clamp pressure but I wore it fine for a couple hours yesterday. The pads can get a bit warm though.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #5,969 of 7,693
How's the clamping force? I always found the LCD-X to be just a tich on the clampy side. I couldn't wear the HD 650s for long because they were super clampy, until I stretched them out overnight on a wide box.
I feel like this is head size dependent. I have a regular sized head - pretty much what Mobius’ default HRTF measurements are in their app and to me it’s a perfect clamp but if you have a wider head it will be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back