• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 30, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #5,866 of 7,693
Not even sure why people keep talking about shipping. It won't make your headphones come any faster. Just chill out and live your lives, they'll come when they come.
It's fun to look forward to a new piece of kit. It's also nice to get some idea of where things stand from people who have more visibility to the shipping status since some of us are a little in the dark. SFC doesn't really carry through after the shipment is outbound from China. Also can't get Informed Delivery from USPS for the destination unfortunately.

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #5,867 of 7,693
Not even sure why people keep talking about shipping. It won't make your headphones come any faster. Just chill out and live your lives, they'll come when they come.
You aren't sure why people keep talking about shipping when they've been waiting around 5 months for something? Ok lol.

BTW: still no notification at all of any kind regarding my Mobius, even though Audeze personally confirmed for me over a week ago that my Mobius was with the 3PL and should be shipping in the next batch (whatever the "next batch" means). Tried getting a hold of Audeze for a follow up, no response.

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #5,868 of 7,693
Agreed. We all hear differently and this headphone is a tool ripe for customizable eq. Nothing fancy like the Neutron media player eq interface needed(tho my brain would explode with joy). I'd be happy with a simple txt file saved to the win app that allows a string of numbers to boost or decrease specific frequencies & preamp gain. If there is a recorded voice reciting default, rpg, racing.. change that voice to preset 1, 2 etc. Toggle in winapp for sidetone as well, please.

For the same reason I'd also see custom EQ ability a valuable option as I'd expect some pro gamers might find it beneficial to perhaps give 6~10kHz range a 2~3dB boost and bass range maybe 2~3dB reduction in order to hear the critical details better (as if it's anything by the typical Audeze house sound the headphone is somewhat on the smooth and warm side where pro gamers often prefer the sound leaning ever so slightly towards the bass light and bright side)

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #5,869 of 7,693
I was part of the group that got the shipping notification on August 28 and just now my SFC tracking was updated to state that the location is now HKG and "flight has taken off". I wonder if that means it was now shipped to HK for customs or if it left HK.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #5,870 of 7,693
I was part of the group that got the shipping notification on August 28 and just now my SFC tracking was updated to state that the location is now HKG and "flight has taken off". I wonder if that means it was now shipped to HK for customs or if it left HK.
I'd say it's up in the air at this point.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #5,871 of 7,693

The SFC Tracking isn’t very reliable; mine still says “Departured from SFC warehouse” from August 23rd in Dongguan. USPS tracking however shows they accepted my Mobius yesterday in Coppell, TX and is now in transit to next facility. So you have gotten more than I did with the SFC tracking, I never had anything related to Hong Kong or anything involving DHL like others have.

You’re lucky if it has already passed through customs that quickly and is in the air to the US, which it sounds like it is.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #5,872 of 7,693
Oh boy when I'll receive my Mobius, I'll have a blast bringing it to friends' homes and blowing their mind with the 3D emulation and head tracking :L3000: I hope I'll make some jealous then I'll make fun of them because they paid it full price ahah

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #5,873 of 7,693
Well, I had the most pleasant surprise waiting for me at home - a package Audeze with the new copper pair of Mobius.

I gave them a quick spin, and I like the sound so far.

Unfortunately, the dreaded hiss is there and it's very noticeable when nothing is playing. To be honest I do not notice it when music is playing, but it is really jarring to hear the hiss as soon as I switch on the Mobius. At this point I'm a bit confused if not disappointed. I thought that the batch that was shipped on 23rd of August was supposed to be the fixed one. IMO the hissing is pretty bad, and if this is supposed to be the fixed version, just how horrible the unfixed one was?

I'm looking forward to hearing other head-fi'ers and what they think of the hiss on their Mobius.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #5,874 of 7,693
Here's some photos! No impressions yet, letting it charge for a bit and I have to do some other things as I just got home from work. I will say that they feel solidly built and comfortable to wear. There is a very, very very faint hiss -- less than or equal to some ANC type hiss when it is on.

P1020107.JPG

Side by Side with the Audeze Sine with HD212 pads (roughly 40-50% thicker than stock)

P1020101.JPG P1020102.JPG P1020105.JPG

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #5,876 of 7,693
Here's some photos! No impressions yet, letting it charge for a bit and I have to do some other things as I just got home from work. I will say that they feel solidly built and comfortable to wear. There is a very, very very faint hiss -- less than or equal to some ANC type hiss when it is on.

Side by Side with the Audeze Sine.

Lol at those thick earcups next to the Sine.

Aug 30, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #5,878 of 7,693
Aug 30, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #5,879 of 7,693
The SFC Tracking isn’t very reliable; mine still says “Departured from SFC warehouse” from August 23rd in Dongguan. USPS tracking however shows they accepted my Mobius yesterday in Coppell, TX and is now in transit to next facility. So you have gotten more than I did with the SFC tracking, I never had anything related to Hong Kong or anything involving DHL like others have.

You’re lucky if it has already passed through customs that quickly and is in the air to the US, which it sounds like it is.

I thought it was strange that sfc tracking had anything other than stating departure from warehouse as I don't recall anyone else getting what I got. I thought I only saw people getting further updates when checking with DHL or USPS.

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #5,880 of 7,693
Last tracking update for me is from 11:55 pm August 28, 2018. The wording “on its way to USPS” is vague but I’m pretty sure my headphones are still on the boat, not in the country yet.

ETA:
Apologies for posting about shipping. I’m ridiculously excited for my pair to arrive, having found a pair of Bt IEMs I finally can enjoy.

Personally I kinda dig everyone talking about this since this moment will only happen once. This is nice moment for all the IGG backers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back