• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 9, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #4,546 of 7,693
I use a lot TrackIR (I still hope that Pro clip will hold nicely on Mobius). If there will be a way that makes Mobius control the visual just as TrackIR do it will be so amazing. but wonder how this could be achieved? is responsibility on games developers to accommodate this feature or someone need to do program just like TrackIR Software (a software that control games camera)?

This is my first post here, I was watching this thread for time and I am happy to be member here, I also pre-ordered Mobius
Welcome to the waiting room. We're all a bit antsy.

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #4,547 of 7,693
@Stevenwashere - I am not sure I understand your question correctly.

The 3D in Mobius is based on WavesNX and has several components.
1. Handling multichannel audio
2. Speaker emulation
3. Room reflections
4. Head-tracking.

To get good surround sound emulation you need to do all of these well. For example if we do not have room reflections, our brain cannot process positional cues well. Same goes for head-tracking. Even if you are not moving your head side-to-side, your head is always moving slightly. Our brain uses these micro-movements to figure out positional audio. To get a good sense of 3D, you also have to emulate the speakers as if they were in a room.

When you turn off 3D, all this goes away and the signal is summed appropriately and sent to the two planar drivers. It will sound like a regular headphone. The front left, back left and side left audio comes through the left speaker. Center comes out like mono, on both drivers simultaneously. Right side audio comes out of the right side planar transducer. - This is not a typical use case

When you turn on the 3D, all the steps above are done in near-realtime and the planar drivers deliver the sound.
The DSP processes the audio (side left, front left etc) and positions them and fools your brain into thinking that they are coming from appropriately placed speakers.

Not sure if this completely answers your question.

Thank you for the clarification. I was hugely mistaken and apologize for spreading misinformation and grief.

I didn't know the headphone requires the user to enable 7.1 mode AND 3D mode on to get the 7.1 surround effects like watching a 7.1 surround movie. All this time I've been watching 7.1 movies with 3D off and 7.1 enabled, but in reality it was all in stereo mode. It sure sounded like surround when switching between 2channel and 7.1, at least to me.

So you are saying 3D mode is what enables 7.1 surround to actually work, but also adds on headtracking, which some of us would like off while in surround mode, for various reasons. Why have the option to enable 7.1 in the first place if it's doesn't work? Why not just make it simple and just require the user only turn on 3D for surround sound?

That headtracking is also not what I thought it was also. I thought that when I hear footsteps behind me, i turn around and the footsteps would be in front of me. But alas no, the whole 7.1 "room with all the speakers" would sound like they are all behind me like I walked into a different room of my house. So I assume 3d tracking is just to help emulate 7.1 using only two transducers? Maybe I was expecting too much.

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #4,548 of 7,693
So after this hardware fix, the unit that I'm getting is essentially a REFURBISHED unit. That's just sad......

So how bad is the hardware fix? Is it severe enough that I will notice my headphone has been molested at the factory??

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #4,549 of 7,693
So after this hardware fix, the unit that I'm getting is essentially a REFURBISHED unit. That's just sad......

So how bad is the hardware fix? Is it severe enough that I will notice my headphone has been molested at the factory??

Refurbished... how?

There are no used/refurbished units out there. Everything is new. Only a small handful of unfixed units have actually been shipped (that I'm aware of).

Aug 9, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #4,550 of 7,693

:angry::angry::angry::triumph::persevere::poop::hushed:

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #4,551 of 7,693
You are right. Sorry, I did mix up who said it. It was actually MichaelSD. I did not mean to pull you into a confusing battle.

I
didn't mean for it to sound like I was saying 2.0 or 7.1 channel audio with 3D off would create 3D surround effects. I meant 2.0/2.1 signal with 3D, room emualtion on. I don't have a Mobius yet so I was just referring to what MichealSD stated as an example...

There are no simulated rear channels in 2.0 mode with 3D on, but the drivers image accurately enough that you will be able to clearly hear sounds behind you especially when gaming just like audiophiles have for the past decade with headphones like the ATH-AD700.

For a test of what is possible in 2.0 with 3D enabled, see the example video I posted.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #4,552 of 7,693

That's not the case at all. You will be getting a brand new headphone.
But it will be nice for Audeze to confirm more or less what do they fix/replace to stop people like you, thinking they are getting a refurbished or second hand unit.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #4,553 of 7,693

Facepalm emoji! Wow.......

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #4,554 of 7,693
Refurbished... how?

There are no used/refurbished units out there. Everything is new. Only a small handful of unfixed units have actually been shipped (that I'm aware of).

New??? Not anymore buddy. From what I have gathered, is that all the headphones were already been assembled at some point. Now they are all taken apart for a HARDWARE fix. Doesn't matter how small the fix is, the unit has to be opened up. Clips might be get broken. Pads might not even been put in correctly, etc. If it was just a firmware update, I would've been fine with it. But a physical rework after assembly, is something else.

The other question would be, how much has Audeze lost with this delay.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #4,555 of 7,693
... and this is why we can't have nice things.

Aug 9, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #4,556 of 7,693
Dude, if something is going to be broken it will be replaced. Refurbished means that somebody used something but it was fixed and packed once again. Nobody has listened to your headphones these are going to be new headphones. Following your logic, if someone makes the slightest mistake at the factory, like putting something in the wrong order and redoing it, are you getting refurbished product?
Just enjoy your new and better than the intended product.

Aug 9, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #4,557 of 7,693
THANK YOU @Audeze for confirming what I've been trying to tell him. Lol. It's so simple, I don't understand why he's confused.

Can you verify that the main reason for 2ch mode via USB is for compatibility reasons, and not because it's necessary? Considering turning off 3D with 7.1 just turns it to stereo, (as Audeze said, the signal is summed up and sent to the two 'speakers') and Hi Res is the better option when it's available.

I guess the option may also be there because there are people that think 7.1 mode without 3D processing will sound different. They need to be told "HEY, THIS IS STEREO."

2Ch was mainly created for compatibility reasons. We have some devices that do not work when USB supports multichannel audio. It still goes through the DSP, so headtracking etc are available. HiRes mode, bypasses the 3D audio portion of the DSP to send audio directly.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 9, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #4,558 of 7,693
Dude, if something is going to be broken it will be replaced. Refurbished means that somebody used something but it was fixed and packed once again. Nobody has listened to your headphones these are going to be new headphones. Following your logic, if someone makes the slightest mistake at the factory, like putting something in the wrong order and redoing it, are you getting refurbished product?
Just enjoy your new and better than the intended product.

In all fairness there is a risk of scratches or blemishes as a result of the tools used to open the headphones etc. This is done by humans after all, not machines. While I wouldn’t call it refurbished there are people who expect a flawless product including flawless aesthetically.

Aug 9, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #4,559 of 7,693
To all of those who are concerned about a physically flawless headphone, in all fairness, there is QC that these headphones will go through prior to shipping. Its in the schedule posted by Audeze (update 14 on IGG)

Aug 9, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #4,560 of 7,693
Just pre-ordered mine. :) Copper. How soon are we til shipping, boys..?

Mainly interested in these for closed, isolated cans, planar, and potential soundstage/imaging.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back