Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 5, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #4,186 of 7,693
@sxr71
Not to mention that your arguments are plain wrong.

I took virtually everything that was needed for understanding how the headphones work from the Indiegogo page. For example, that they use Wave NX is one of the first things written there.

DSP is NOT the wholy grail and it's only able to achieve good results if it doesn't need to fight against physical attributes too much. Like in this case where we have a planar driver in an insulated yet vented case. But again:you will not have the same quality of bass in some 20$ dsp headphones with dynamic drivers even if you try.

And btw. Mobius seems to be Very comfortable. Just going off of first impressions.

Your wholy knowledge base is pretry flawed and the way you write and spam this forum is kinda obnoxious. Especially when you just didn't take the time to read the god damn indiegogo page as well as linked pages but somehow find the time again to write essays on this thread.
Not to mention that you are the worst kind of "fallen for the marketing" while at the same time you pitty others for your own failings.

You’re mostly right. However saying $20 or $200 doesn’t really matter. It just comes down to the design of the drive unit at any price. It is possible for a $20 driver to have better specs than a $200 driver. This is especially if it meant to be sold in large numbers and the R&D/tooling costs can be amortized across large numbers of units.

Yes DSP cannot correct everything - at least not yet - it comes down to implementation. It is one of those things you want for to be minimally involved. This is especially true with loudspeaker drivers. Where we are dealing with much larger mass and and power. In fact you are better off treating the room as best as you can and minimize the DSP involvement. It all comes down to a cost benefit analysis. For bass especially it might costs thousands to treat the room and that is where DSP would shine.

You have every right to “hate on” me. But I’ve learned to approach every new product with a sense of healthy skepticism. I’ve been burned by many products that were the next big thing on here. Getting to the bottom of what i’m paying for is more important than “likes”. Likes are easy to get - just agree with the crowd.

Guess what? At the end we have a very well written, cogent response from KMann which is much appreciated.

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #4,187 of 7,693
The shipping was a combination of Tiers and countries, since we had to group the countries together. Headphones in the warehouse were split into tiers and countries. Units started to ship for US, Canada and Australia. We put a hold on shipments during this time. Some of the units shipped, were held in HongKong for a label issue. These units were then shipped to the customers since they had already cleared customs.
Units people are receiving this week will not have any of the fixes.
I'm backer 215 I have not had any communication outside of lurking here and your updates on Indiegogo, would I be receiving a non-updated version? I'm going to assume that since I have not heard/received an email regarding shipping that I'll be a part of the refreshed units that were updated with the fixes?

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #4,188 of 7,693
People needs to start thinking logically, why would Audeze go the long mile to recall orders to fix a slight hiss but leave Hi-Res out which was been working before? Think about that for a second, not a chance. But yea some calming down now should be in order and I can't wait until this (or a new thread) starts focusing on the POSITIVES as there should be plenty to talk about in this headphone. Has gotten a bit rough start for sure but I'm sure it eventually will turn around.

I guess I should've worded it better, thought people would've been able to think critically and like normal people but apparently not.

Aug 5, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #4,189 of 7,693
You’re mostly right. However saying $20 or $200 doesn’t really matter. It just comes down to the design of the drive unit at any price. It is possible for a $20 driver to have better specs than a $200 driver. This is especially if it meant to be sold in large numbers and the R&D/tooling costs can be amortized across large numbers of units.

Yes DSP cannot correct everything - at least not yet - it comes down to implementation. It is one of those things you want for to be minimally involved. This is especially true with loudspeaker drivers. Where we are dealing with much larger mass and and power. In fact you are better off treating the room as best as you can and minimize the DSP involvement. It all comes down to a cost benefit analysis. For bass especially it might costs thousands to treat the room and that is where DSP would shine.

You have every right to “hate on” me. But I’ve learned to approach every new product with a sense of healthy skepticism. I’ve been burned by many products that were the next big thing on here. Getting to the bottom of what i’m paying for is more important than “likes”. Likes are easy to get - just agree with the crowd.

Guess what? At the end we have a very well written, cogent response from KMann which is much appreciated.

I think the issue with your posts is that they felt like you were being argumentative just to be argumentative. As if you just needed to knock everyones hype down a few pegs for no other reason than because it bothered you. The questions you were asking had all been answered many times before. If the product isnt right for you, so be it. Doesnt mean it is wrong for everyone, as your posts seemed to imply.

Anyways, you got your answers, I am sure we can all move on happily now.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #4,190 of 7,693
I understand this is a long thread and in spite of posting in this thread, IGG campaign thread and on our site, it may be hard to find the exact information you are looking for.

Planar magnetics is not just about the bass, we pride in producing drivers with close to negligible distortion across the spectrum. Low distortion allows to throw any FR curve at it and expect it to respond linearly, allows faithful reproduction of HRTF. We use ultra thin drivers. The low inertia of the drivers with mass orders of magnitude less than regular cone drivers allows the driver to respond faster, resulting in a faster settling and cleaner impulse response. This in turn results in improved transparency and better reproduction of timing details and ITD cues that are needed for a convincing sense of space. I have blogged more about this here. Though the blog post talks about VR, the principles are equally applicable here.

Audeze creates the most efficient planar drivers on the planet, no other company would be crazy enough to stuff planar drivers into a battery powered headphone.

Mobius has many use cases.
1. If you are not interested in the HRTF/3D aspect, at the very minimum, an affordable closed wireless planar that supports LDAC that sounds great.
2. Mobius does 2 channel room emulation with head tracking on USB/BT or Aux input no matter what your source is. The processing is done inside Mobius and not in an app for a few reasons:
  • If the processing is done by an app, even for 2ch, it needs to be some sort of virtual sound card else you will not be able to enjoy it with all your sources of music and audio (Netflix, Tidal, Spotify, music players etc) on all platforms (PC/Mac/Linux/Android/iOS). Also there would be no way to get stereo emulation through other platforms and consoles. Creating a virtual processor for many of these platforms is not even possible.
  • Our experience with Cipher DSP and cables has thought us that many love the simplicity and mobility of a hardware implementation rather than fiddling with software.
  • Having head tracking done within the headphone keeps the latency very low and provides a more convincing real-world experience.
3. Mobius uses 7.1 channel via USB when available to provide a true surround sound experience without the need to install additional software on a PC or Mac. It also future proofs for other devices as you could enjoy 7.1ch audio if other devices and platforms start supporting 7.1ch audio over USB.

Regarding HRTF as implemented in Mobius. It is not done through multiple drivers or some fancy physical design other than the acoustic design required to provide a neutral sound signature. HRTF is done through DSP, we use Waves Nx algorithms to be specific. On top of which we added Cipher DSP to provide a neutral sound signature. We chose NX as it is one of the most efficient implementations we found that is also convincing and has a very low latency. Room size is controlled through Waves proprietary algorithms that simulate reflections without using a reverb engine and varies according to room size.

One could take various pieces of hardware and software available today, combine them with their favorite headphone and get a similar performance but our goal was to provide a complete package that is simple, seamless, sounds good and just works.

Hello KMann I truly appreciate your response.

I agree with your point number 1. In fact I considered that this is new lower price point for your drivers in a headphone. So just for that it is worth considered. However there have been some reviewers who have mentioned this sounds similar to $800 headphones from your company. Others have said otherwise.

Secondly I have actually been looking for a nicely packaged hardware implementation of Waves NX. I have been following Waves NX for more than a year now but the iOS app didn’t even work back then. Even if it did you’d still have to browse through that app. Which is a deal breaker except to get a free demo.

So basically your company has created what I’ve been looking for. So I am interested without a doubt. I just want to explore the features in full detail before I get excited. At some point it isn’t even about the money as much as it is about the potential disappointment.

Totally agree about latency as we have explored through a very useful post where a member mentioned the latency aspect.

It is about the Cipher DSP cable I have misgivings. I have the Sine and I frankly have not used it beyond a few test uses. IMHO the product was flawed badly - not due to any ineptitude on your company’s part but rather due to Apple’s power restrictions. It is clear that you’ve refused to support lightning this time around and for good reason.

I saw that this time the output is 1w per channel. With the cipher cable I believe your company was limited to 15mW per channel or less. I have heard the result and it wasn’t workable. I can’t hold your company blameless because the limits were known before even starting the project. It is my understanding that planar magnetic drivers tend to be power hungry. The project was doomed to failure from the start.

I would love to see a rogue firmware that uncaps the power draw on that model. It is unusable without such an uncap.

Once burned I need to do my due diligence before considering a new product from your company or frankly any other company in this space. I am not bitter enough about it to boycott your company but I will ask some questions.

I completely agree with a single driver implementation. Anyone here is who complaining about delivery times would do well to read about the Ossic X. That was just a total scam IMHO. $3million or $6million and they failed to deliver. They wanted multi driver. I don’t see how that makes any sense in a headphone that is for all intents and purposes coupled to the ear drum.

It might be something worth exploring in a design like the AKG K1000 but that would bring along massive power requirements and such a system would rightfully cost thousands with the required amplification.

It’s nice to see audiophile headphone makers embrace the convenience side of things. After using wireless Bluetooth it’s clear that it is the future as well as DSP. It would be nice if comfort is the next thing that is focus. Once you have comfort, convenience and DSP correction in one package you will have a true winner.

You have addressed my question with a level of professionalism that is impressive and now I will consider a purchase once I am sure firmware has taken care of the problems. Thank you.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #4,191 of 7,693
I’d like to add here that Audeze is a stand up company. Their customer service is excellent. They really do try.

However I would like to remind everyone that despite the fact that they have the absolute best intentions things can go wrong.

In the example I gave about my experience with the Audeze Sine 95% of the product was perfect. But that last 5% that went wrong caused the product to be unusable. When all this technology is packed into a product there is pretty high chance that one small piece of the product doesn’t meet the expectation and suddenly the whole product isn’t what it you thought it would be.

Even the big mass market manufacturers get this stuff wrong. For example the Sony WH-1000XM2. It gets great reviews. But ultimately it is flawed enough that I had to return it. It clearly sounds better than any Bose product but using it for an hour I had to wonder why there is no way to wear it without it seriously impinging on my outer ear.

In this case I don’t think hiss is a big deal with there is material playing. But there are so many unknown things that could wrong. At the backer price it’s a bet worth taking for most people this would appeal to. At the retail price I would personally wait and see.

The thing that is scary is that on these forums there isn’t really any encouragement of people who might want to convey that such a deal breaker exists. People did in fact post about the Cipher cable power problem but posts came in really quickly to bury it.

And nobody took that ball and came to a conclusion that the phones are good but only for very low level listening with reduced/compressed dynamics.

For risk averse individuals it’s probably better to wait until you can confirm the kinks have been fully worked out. For those who got the $199/249 price it’s a steal even if some of the features never work. At least you have an active planar magnetic wireless headphone supporting AAC with 1w per channel output. Not a bad deal hiss or no hiss.

I do agree that head tracking and HRTF should be able to enabled or disabled independently. Also I hope that an app can be created to control all the features and effects. If that is not possible due to a design oversight I’d say there’s a good chance it will become a paperweight as my Sines ended up.

It’s a tough business. The whole package needs to nailed 100%. The smallest lapse can turn an otherwise great attempt into something you wouldn’t want to use past the honeymoon period.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #4,192 of 7,693
I'll answer a few different discussion on this thread based off my own experiences.

My interest in the Mobius, despite all of its features is MAINLY because it is a Bluetooth planarmagnetic that happens to sound freaking amazing for such a low cost (especially at those early prices).

That is all that is necessary for it to be a big winner in my eyes. The fact that it's also a 7.1 usb headset with 3D headtracking is a delicious cherry on top.
Had it not had these features, I STILL would recommend it based off my experiences with what I would want it for.

As for getting a surround dsp through bluetooth that is an alternative to what the surround dsp on the usb side of the Mobius does without headtracking, there are a BUNCH of software AND hardware solutions. On the hardware side, all you would need is a really good bluetooth transmitter that has an analog and/or digital input to take the DECODED surround dsp and send it to the Mobius. That and your choice of device with said surround dsps. Even a cheap external soundcard like a Xonar U3 (like $40 for pc only) sends Dolby Headphone through either analog or optical out, so the transmitter could send that signal through bluetooth.

Like I mentioned before, I have an Avantree transmitter that I attached to my Sennheiser GSX1000's headphone jack for GSX surround, and a Creative X7 amp/dac that feeds SBX surround to its optical out.

Software solutions are even cheaper if even free, but I won't mention those here.

I would probably do homework on something better than the Avantree in terms of sending a signal with a better Bluetooth codec that the Mobius decodes, as the one I have has Apt-X LL (I wish Audeze had included this one), and some other general but sub-optimal codecs the Mobius doesn't take advantage of. However with the Mobius, SBC still sounds damn good, so it's no biggie.

I may have missed a few things. Been a long 16 hour shift and I'm not done.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #4,193 of 7,693
Regarding comments of the delays, I wonder how people had reacted if Mobius would be delayed like certain other headphone crowd funding campaign I'm part of that according to their schedule at the time which was at a similar stage as Mobius, ie. final prototype had been established and it was only manufacturing test production and mass manufacturing and shipping left. Schedule was set for March 2018 to ship out to customers. Enter March 2018 and it was delayed until August 2018, ok, so comes August and again it's now delayed until Q1 2019 with a 3 month "hickup" buffer so if we're lucky could still see it for Xmas I guess. However in this case it was down to various suppliers (in total 10 different involved) couldn't ship parts soon enough as other manufacturers with bigger shipments were prioritized so even if the suppliers told they could basically provide in x amount weeks (and schedule was based on that) turned out something entirely different in practice as a low shipping volume of a couple thousand was like nothing compared to some other partners they had to shipped far greater volumes so this particular headphone manufacturer were put in the waiting queue. Not entirely related to Mobius but good example how these campaigns can become delayed, it's just too many factors involved that can go not like planned.

Regarding the DSP and HRTF etc comments, I'd recommend to look into the latest Creative's offering "Super X-Fi" SoC that they are this time licensing out to other partners to use into their products, this was like the most impressing thing experienced by tech nerds at this year's CES and they all came out mighty impressed as the headphone they were using for demo sounded the same as an expensive Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Maybe this could also be an option for a future Mobius product if the cost is reasonable. This solution also takes into account personal ear shape, at CES they used microphones to calibrate people's ears for this but in retail products they intend to use a system where they let ppl take photograph of their ears and the software somehow tweaks the parameters based on that which they claim is roughly ~85% accurate of a microphone calibration. I think it's an interesting technology for sure that Creative has worked for many years on, doesn't have any head-tracking though so Waves Nx still has some benefits to that as well.

I wonder if you're planning on separating the surround and head-tracking as separate features down the road like it is in the Waves Nx app. Would be cool to be able to disable head-tracking for music listening but be able to use the surround processing for example. Another reason would be if say the Creative Super X-Fi turned out to be the current "holy grail" for headphone surround, you could still use head-tracking on Mobius but use the X-Fi chip's surround solution in case there will be a soundcard released with this feature.

Thank you for the pointer. I will check it out. One thing I would pay extra for is a audiologist appointment to professionally measure my ears to get a convolution file to use with the Creative product or any other product that is designed to perform HRTF.

Another way they could do it is by placing an hold on a credit card and shipping you the equipment to self calibrate and ship it back.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #4,194 of 7,693
It is about the Cipher DSP cable I have misgivings. I have the Sine and I frankly have not used it beyond a few test uses. IMHO the product was flawed badly - not due to any ineptitude on your company’s part but rather due to Apple’s power restrictions. It is clear that you’ve refused to support lightning this time around and for good reason.

I saw that this time the output is 1w per channel. With the cipher cable I believe your company was limited to 15mW per channel or less. I have heard the result and it wasn’t workable. I can’t hold your company blameless because the limits were known before even starting the project. It is my understanding that planar magnetic drivers tend to be power hungry. The project was doomed to failure from the start.

Though this is likely a discussion for another thread, I would like to point out a few things. I also get your point of view.

When we released Cipher for Sine and El-8, you could also get the very same headphones without the Cipher cable and we provided Cipher at a nominal cost. Cipher cable was not meant to replace a desktop amp/dac. It was a convenience if you want to use your iPhone and I think it achieves that goal. Cipher cables become much more useful with the smaller and more efficient drivers of iSines for a truly mobile solution. We understood the limitation of iDevices and power draw, hence as a way to increase headroom, we introduced Cipher V2 that doubles the voltage swing. The experience we gained working with DSP to get the right sound helped us to leverage it for use in Mobius and future products.

If you have further questions I would be happy toto respond via PM.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #4,195 of 7,693
Regarding comments of the delays, I wonder how people had reacted if Mobius would be delayed like certain other headphone crowd funding campaign I'm part of that according to their schedule at the time which was at a similar stage as Mobius, ie. final prototype had been established and it was only manufacturing test production and mass manufacturing and shipping left. Schedule was set for March 2018 to ship out to customers. Enter March 2018 and it was delayed until August 2018, ok, so comes August and again it's now delayed until Q1 2019 with a 3 month "hickup" buffer so if we're lucky could still see it for Xmas I guess. However in this case it was down to various suppliers (in total 10 different involved) couldn't ship parts soon enough as other manufacturers with bigger shipments were prioritized so even if the suppliers told they could basically provide in x amount weeks (and schedule was based on that) turned out something entirely different in practice as a low shipping volume of a couple thousand was like nothing compared to some other partners they had to shipped far greater volumes so this particular headphone manufacturer were put in the waiting queue. Not entirely related to Mobius but good example how these campaigns can become delayed, it's just too many factors involved that can go not like planned.

Regarding the DSP and HRTF etc comments, I'd recommend to look into the latest Creative's offering "Super X-Fi" SoC that they are this time licensing out to other partners to use into their products, this was like the most impressing thing experienced by tech nerds at this year's CES and they all came out mighty impressed as the headphone they were using for demo sounded the same as an expensive Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Maybe this could also be an option for a future Mobius product if the cost is reasonable. This solution also takes into account personal ear shape, at CES they used microphones to calibrate people's ears for this but in retail products they intend to use a system where they let ppl take photograph of their ears and the software somehow tweaks the parameters based on that which they claim is roughly ~85% accurate of a microphone calibration. I think it's an interesting technology for sure that Creative has worked for many years on, doesn't have any head-tracking though so Waves Nx still has some benefits to that as well.

I wonder if you're planning on separating the surround and head-tracking as separate features down the road like it is in the Waves Nx app. Would be cool to be able to disable head-tracking for music listening but be able to use the surround processing for example. Another reason would be if say the Creative Super X-Fi turned out to be the current "holy grail" for headphone surround, you could still use head-tracking on Mobius but use the X-Fi chip's surround solution in case there will be a soundcard released with this feature.

When it comes to other crowd funding campaigns though you have to consider whether you are funding a start up vs an established company. The only reason I bought into this is because it's Audeze, an established existing headphone company making some of the best headphones in the world. Comparing to another campaign, say Ossic X - there's no established company there, they aren't already making headphones. The Ossic X is a true start up project for them and that carries great risk. With Audeze and this campaign, the risk feels almost non existent.

To me it's understandable to be upset about delays, and unfair to say "delays should be expected, it's crowd funding".

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4,196 of 7,693
I'll answer a few different discussion on this thread based off my own experiences.

My interest in the Mobius, despite all of its features is MAINLY because it is a Bluetooth planarmagnetic that happens to sound freaking amazing for such a low cost (especially at those early prices).

That is all that is necessary for it to be a big winner in my eyes. The fact that it's also a 7.1 usb headset with 3D headtracking is a delicious cherry on top.
Had it not had these features, I STILL would recommend it based off my experiences with what I would want it for.

As for getting a surround dsp through bluetooth that is an alternative to what the surround dsp on the usb side of the Mobius does without headtracking, there are a BUNCH of software AND hardware solutions. On the hardware side, all you would need is a really good bluetooth transmitter that has an analog and/or digital input to take the DECODED surround dsp and send it to the Mobius.

Like I mentioned before, I have an Avantree transmitter that I attached to my Sennheiser GSX1000's headphone jack for GSX surround, and a Creative X7 amp/dac that feeds SBX surround to its optical out.

I would probably do homework on something better than the Avantree in terms of sending a signal with a better Bluetooth codec that the Mobius decodes, as the one I have has Apt-X LL (I wish they had included this one), and some other general but sub-optimal codecs the Mobius doesn't take advantage of. However with the Mobius, SBC still sounds damn good, so it's no biggie.

I may have missed a few things. Been a long 16 hour shift and I'm not done.

It seems like the head tracking aspect benefits from onboard processing due to latency issues with Bluetooth. So you’d give the head tracking aspect. However I see that aspect as mostly useful for VR. Where VR is concerned light weight, small size and comfort are critical. As a Vive user I can say it’s a great system but headset comfort is problem. The PlayStation VR isn’t even close in visual fidelity but the comfort of the headset would make it the one to reach for in general.

As for codecs it is my opinion (and I could be wrong) that AAC is the best one to use since most content is AAC encoded already.

I need to investigate the Waves NX PC app at $10 to see what exactly it does. It seems that it can decode HRTF and send it out as two channel over Bluetooth.

The Möbius as just a Bluetooth planar magnetic is a good value. However for travel use active noise cancellation would make it very useful. As much as headphones can sound amazingly detailed the fly in the ointment imho is the soundstage. Digital HRTF plus noise cancellation would make these the ultimate travel phones. Travel is a use case where you can’t use speakers placed in front of you. It is a situation where you can only use headphones. For gaming in two channel you can use speakers. For 5.1 I’ve never wanted to get into surround sound setup. The newer Ambisonics based surround setups can forgive bad placement and bad room acoustics.

These would get the job done with a USB cable. At home I could easily sacrifice wireless. For travel not so much.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #4,197 of 7,693
When it comes to other crowd funding campaigns though you have to consider whether you are funding a start up vs an established company. The only reason I bought into this is because it's Audeze, an established existing headphone company making some of the best headphones in the world. Comparing to another campaign, say Ossic X - there's no established company there, they aren't already making headphones. The Ossic X is a true start up project for them and that carries great risk. With Audeze and this campaign, the risk feels almost non existent.

To me it's understandable to be upset about delays, and unfair to say "delays should be expected, it's crowd funding".

With an established firm like Audeze doing crowd funding there is almost zero risk of not getting product in the end. There is a reputation to maintain. However in this case all the other aspects of crowd funding apply. The huge one is that like all other crowd funded projects you are best to put your money down and forget about it. One day you will get a surprise delivered to you. That’s how you get $450 product for $199/249. That’s the deal there.

Aug 5, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #4,199 of 7,693
However I would like to remind everyone that despite the fact that they have the absolute best intentions things can go wrong.

In the example I gave about my experience with the Audeze Sine 95% of the product was perfect. But that last 5% that went wrong caused the product to be unusable. When all this technology is packed into a product there is pretty high chance that one small piece of the product doesn’t meet the expectation and suddenly the whole product isn’t what it you thought it would be.

Even the big mass market manufacturers get this stuff wrong. For example the Sony WH-1000XM2. It gets great reviews. But ultimately it is flawed enough that I had to return it. It clearly sounds better than any Bose product but using it for an hour I had to wonder why there is no way to wear it without it seriously impinging on my outer ear.

In this case I don’t think hiss is a big deal with there is material playing. But there are so many unknown things that could wrong. At the backer price it’s a bet worth taking for most people this would appeal to. At the retail price I would personally wait and see.

The thing that is scary is that on these forums there isn’t really any encouragement of people who might want to convey that such a deal breaker exists. People did in fact post about the Cipher cable power problem but posts came in really quickly to bury it.

And nobody took that ball and came to a conclusion that the phones are good but only for very low level listening with reduced/compressed dynamics.

I absolute love my Audeze Sine. I don't have the cipher cable as I only have an iPad for iOS device but the Sine works well out of my Onkyo DAP and both the ES100 Bluetooth amp and Q1 Mk2 portable amp I carry around if I use it. The biggest flaw to me was the pads were too small. But I recently found a $8 earpad that works wonders with comfort without loss of sound quality and doesnt require the 3D printed adapter I was using for other pads. I can't fully speak for your experience of course since I didnt use it with cipher but my experience with it has been great (except for the pads - which could be a deal breaker for people who dont like to tinker)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #4,200 of 7,693
It seems like the head tracking aspect benefits from onboard processing due to latency issues with Bluetooth. So you’d give the head tracking aspect. However I see that aspect as mostly useful for VR. Where VR is concerned light weight, small size and comfort are critical. As a Vive user I can say it’s a great system but headset comfort is problem. The PlayStation VR isn’t even close in visual fidelity but the comfort of the headset would make it the one to reach for in general.

You're missing the whole point. Head tracking and HRTF is already part of VR and Mobius is not needed. Head tracking here is to enhance the HRTF to further help fool your brain that you're listening to a real stationary 2.1/5.1/7.1 speaker setup.

I need to investigate the Waves NX PC app at $10 to see what exactly it does. It seems that it can decode HRTF and send it out as two channel over Bluetooth.

Surely you would know this already as you've been following Waves NX for more than a year now? It doesn't decode HRTF.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back