• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 31, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #3,556 of 7,693
USB C is better in every way: charging, data rate, formats (USB 3.1, Thunderbolt 3, Display port, some at the same time), reversable. Its only disadvantage is cost. The connector costs more, but so does the charging circuit. This is in part due to the extra protection against dodgy non-complient USB C cables that accidently trigger the high voltage chargers to output too high a voltage to the unit connected. Nasty if that gets in to the battery. Google did a study on their Chromebooks and things went bang before they improved the circuitry.

I have trouble finding a mini USB in my huge box of cables. I don't onow where they all went.

Oh yeah, no question -- USB-C is far better and more versatile, and that's why everything is moving to USB-C. I was just saying I liked mini-USB better than micro-USB, but USB-C is unquestionably superior for all the reasons you mentioned.

That's why Mobius and other new wireless/active headphones coming out now are moving away from microUSB to USB-C and why it's always notable when something has come out in the last year, as some have, still stuck with microUSB, but that's quickly changing. I know the Sony WH1000XM2 still has microUSB and that was noted in reviews, but Master & Dynamic's newest wireless cans have USB-C, the B&W PX has USB-C, etc.

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #3,557 of 7,693
Not too sure on that. The plastic ring that's blue or copper seems to be part of the seemingly glued on earpads.
I'm curious as to how they can be replaced when they are worn down.

An actual pad change isn't really something I want to do to a dsp corrected headphone.
He,he,he..... The question was "could" you change the earpads, (& more than likely it is possible ; The pads on the LCD2C hps also seemingly aren't removeable, they are (& easily if you take your time & slowly & gently use a thin smooth spatula type tool to very slowly remove the pads from where they're seated as you steadily pulled the pad just hard enough to fit the flat tool between the earcup seating surface & the pads. I replaced the Leather pads with the MS pads on these also)

Now whether the OP "should" swap out the OM parts (Or the advisability of even doing so is a completely different question), but "Can you" "....... That's a definitive "Maybe"

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #3,558 of 7,693
Thank you but incidentally I'm able to read. :wink:
My comment was meant as food for thought.
The thing is that I'm not to sure if the plastic ring has the correct dimensions to pull this off nor how the earpad is ACTUALLY adhered to it.
If you want to reverse the mod this is crucial.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #3,559 of 7,693
@Audeze has been very quiet.
Which leads me to the following hypothesis

1) they were unaware of any hissing or problems with shipping
2)they are looking into it asap and withholding any updates until they can evaluate the situation and come back with a solution

I'm hopeful we will hear back from them today but it might take a while before they gave any concrete information.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #3,560 of 7,693
Ich hoffe die Sache hiss nach einem Update oder einer näheren Prüfung bald vom Tisch.

It's too hot now anyways, at least in my room of mighty 27 degrees C to do any kind of gaming. It's summer anyways so I'm fine with September in my case.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #3,561 of 7,693

2)they are looking into it asap and withholding any updates until they can evaluate the situation and come back with a solution

I'm hopeful we will hear back from them today but it might take a while before they gave any concrete information.

3) they took $ and disappeared.

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #3,562 of 7,693
3) they took $ and disappeared.

That's way too pessimistic given all the hard work and hurdles we've seen them go through.

Does sound like the 3PL shipper missed the Li-On stamp on the packaging so that's a big #fail on the shipper :p

Hiss can be caused by grounding, bad cables, etc. as well as component swaps...it's usually a hardware issue so I really doubt there's a firmware fix for it unless they can do something like see if there's any volume in the input signal and then just stuff off all power to the amps (which probably needs hardware if it's not supported).

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #3,563 of 7,693

3) This hiss is actually in spec for the target gaming audience that they thought they could just skirt by without anyone raising a fuss.

My box also didnt have a li-ion sticker. They are being returned to sender because of the battery, not to fix the hiss.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #3,564 of 7,693
I had the hiss (REALLY loud) when I used a cable I had lying around, but when I used either of the 2 cables (USB A to C or C to C) which were provided in the box with the headphones, no more hiss.

Works good so far for me.

XfPMUsX.jpg

rMpa4oy

This is really noteworthy. And maybe I missed it but I don't think there were any quoters, or discussion spurred.

Can all who experience hiss please chime-in on the cable used? Try the provided cables if you had not and report your results?

Regarding perception of noise and ambient level. The rule of thumb had always been one 'sound' needs to be -30db down (give or take) from another to be sufficiently masked; i.e 1000x less in power. If Audeze's target for acceptable noise was it be -equal- to ambient noise, they engineered a 1000x mistake into the product! ... all TBD.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #3,565 of 7,693

Come on guys let's be reasonable. First of all, all of us should be aware of time zones and that people need to sleep from time to time. They are constantly checking up this thread, that's why they replied immediately to hissing problem. Now there is another one with the shipment which is probably a fault of the 3PL company.
It's a very complex and expensive problem to solve and they probably need some time to act properly. They need to get at least a few units from China to test. If it will (imo most likely) hardware problem, they need to find the best yet cheapest solution to solve it. Imagine how much will cost to reassemble 4k headphones with new parts. They would need to set up a few deals (parts, talk to 3PL and so on). In my opinion, it's not possible to have a clear statement what to do in yet unclear situation in just a few hours after it showed up.
Still, I can't wait for my Mobius to arrive but we should all hope for yet again shortest possible delay and fixable problem.

Imagine how stressful it is for Audeze. We are all people you know?

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #3,566 of 7,693
Come on guys let's be reasonable. First of all, all of us should be aware of time zones and that people need to sleep from time to time. They are constantly checking up this thread, that's why they replied immediately to hissing problem. Now there is another one with the shipment which is probably a fault of the 3PL company.
It's a very complex and expensive problem to solve and they probably need some time to act properly. They need to get at least a few units from China to test. If it will (imo most likely) hardware problem, they need to find the best yet cheapest solution to solve it. Imagine how much will cost to reassemble 4k headphones with new parts. They would need to set up a few deals (parts, talk to 3PL and so on). In my opinion, it's not possible to have a clear statement what to do in yet unclear situation in just a few hours after it showed up.
Still, I can't wait for my Mobius to arrive but we should all hope for yet again shortest possible delay and fixable problem.

Imagine how stressful it is for Audeze. We are all people you know?

Dude,

Like I'm not disagreeing with you lol

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #3,567 of 7,693
FWIW, my shipment ( Tier 1, order #5x, shipped to California ) was also held up and then returned to sender. I haven't contacted DHL.

Early impressions lead me to believe these will be very much worth the wait, and, given that Audeze is infinitely more invested in the Mobius' success than any of us, I trust them to handle these hiccups correctly.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #3,568 of 7,693
FWIW, my shipment ( Tier 1, order #5x, shipped to California ) was also held up and then returned to sender. I haven't contacted DHL.

Early impressions lead me to believe these will be very much worth the wait, and, given that Audeze is infinitely more invested in the Mobius' success than any of us, I trust them to handle these hiccups correctly.

Early impressions lead me to believe these are not what we were sold on.

Jul 31, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #3,569 of 7,693
This is really noteworthy. And maybe I missed it but I don't think there were any quoters, or discussion spurred.

Can all who experience hiss please chime-in on the cable used? Try the provided cables if you had not and report your results?

Regarding perception of noise and ambient level. The rule of thumb had always been one 'sound' needs to be -30db down (give or take) from another to be sufficiently masked; i.e 1000x less in power. If Audeze's target for acceptable noise was it be -equal- to ambient noise, they engineered a 1000x mistake into the product! ... all TBD.

The hiss is present in wireless and auxiliary modes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back