• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 31, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #3,586 of 7,693
I don't agree so maybe my unit is faulty. The hiss does not go away, it's at a constant level regardless of input. When I hear it my brain focuses back in on it and I hear it throughout other sounds. After a couple minutes I will acclimate and it's no longer bothersome until the volume drops again and my brain focuses back in. This makes it troublesome for games where you go into your inventory, as this usually means I refocus on the hiss.

Also in the video you linked, I hear the hiss throughout. I listen to my Mobius at about 40/100 in windows. Maybe you are accustomed to higher volumes, meaning the noise is more easily drowned out.

Either way I'm happy you like yours but dismissing it as a non issue after you've been given a free review unit is not cool. Again, happy it's not an issue for you, but it is an issue for some of us. Using your position as a reviewer to try to belittle those issues we're having is frustrating.

Regardless I see that the headphones are working as intended, unfortunately they're simy not for me in this case.

Edit: As someone else said this smacks of damage control. You could've just given your opinions without trying to dismiss the issues we're all having.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #3,587 of 7,693
3) they took $ and disappeared.
Oh please. Audeze is not your typical Indiegogo "fly by night" operation.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #3,590 of 7,693
Early impressions lead me to believe these are not what we were sold on.
The early impressions are incomplete with only two or three folks chiming in. Patience in a virtual so let's not all jump to a conclusion with such thin evidence.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #3,591 of 7,693
An example:

This is literally a guy talking about the News, with nothing else going on.

As soon as he starts talking, the hiss goes away. Like, I LITERALLY CAN'T HEAR IT. When I pause the video, the hiss comes back.

So yes, it seems to have a noticeable hiss ONLY when you're not feeding it anything.

You can LITERALLY HEAR THE HISS GO AWAY.

Regardless of whether they all are like that or not (a couple people reported hearing the hiss through quiet passages of music), DHL has returned them all to sender during the shipping process. Apparently, they're missing a lithium-ion battery sticker.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #3,592 of 7,693
Yours was handpicked and sent to you by Audeze and thus is not very representative of the units that people are receiving. I’m sorry but I don’t trust handpicked units at this point, you would have received one of the best. If you would have got your own on Indiegogo and received a random unit like everyone else than I could trust your view of the hissing issue. But you said so yourself, you didn’t buy it, Sankar sent it to you.

It appears you have been sent here for damage control purposes.

First of all, NO ONE sent me here. Audeze, Sankar, Head-fi, NO ONE is in control of what I have to say. If I was here for damage control, I'd say that there was NO hiss, and you guys are bringing up nonsense. No one is paying/compensating me for anything I say here. As soon as I'm done it's being sent back like what I usually do with units sent to me the majority of the time. IF I have an issue with any item sent to me, I tell the reps directly that I'm not satisfied and that I, in good faith, can't review them positively, so either they can refuse a review and send something better, or I will post a critical review. I have done this on MULTIPLE occasions. If a product is good, I will review it. If it isn't, I will decline. I don't get anything EITHER WAY. This is a hobby. The few paid reviews were done for a website I no longer work for, and even back then I refused bad products.

Like I said, THERE IS HISS. The pre-production unit that Jude himself heard was the SAME EXACT ONE I HEARD. And that one had hiss, and the hiss, just like today, was minor and couldn't be heard when you were actually PLAYING something on it.

The hiss is more or less like I remember. Something that is THERE, absolutely, but not something that detracts from anything when there is some form of playback going on.

But yes, keep assuming the worst out of people just because you expect wired quality from a non-exorbitantly priced headphone. But keep dreaming.

For the rest of us, be realistic. Bluetooth headphones usually have some minor hiss here or there, but generally don't have an issue when there is playback occurring. The Mobius is no different. If you have realistic expectations of wireless quality, you'll understand that you can't expect miracles or something compared to a discrete dac and amplifier with a high end headphone.

The Mobius so far sounds as good as I remember when there is playback. I'm not here to review zero audio hiss. I'm here to review how it sounds when you actually FEED IT SOMETHING.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 31, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #3,593 of 7,693
The early impressions are incomplete with only two or three folks chiming in. Patience in a virtual so let's not all jump to a conclusion with such thin evidence.

It's probably around 10 people that have received them that have given impressions over here and on reddit. ALL of them have hissing issues.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #3,594 of 7,693
It's probably around 10 people that have received them that have given impressions over here and on reddit. ALL of them have hissing issues.

I would just make a slight correction to your statement. ALL of them have reported hearing hiss. Not all of them consider it an ISSUE. Count me in that camp.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #3,595 of 7,693
But yes, keep assuming the worst out of people just because you expect wired quality from a non-exorbitantly priced headphone. Not gonna happen. But keep dreaming.

I'd be fine if it hissed on bluetooth, but it also hisses usbc and aux.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #3,597 of 7,693
Well for what I intend to use them - low level hiss is not an issue - checked them out at CJ in London and didn't noticed anything.

I am more concerned with HPs being returned to sender as it means longer wait ;[[[
Top 20 from UK still no tracking info
so probably will not arrive before my holidays ;[[[[[

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #3,598 of 7,693
I'd be fine if it hissed on bluetooth, but it also hisses usbc and aux.

If people wanna complain about some non-audio hiss, hey, that's on them. Perhaps they want NO hiss at all, and that's ok. I'm here to say that I'm one of those that don't mind the hiss, because it's not a problem when I play anything. Only when nothing is going on. My two cents. You can agree or disagree, but it is what it is.

I will bold this so people understand my opinion:

YES THERE IS HISS. DOES IT BOTHER ME? NO, BECAUSE IT'S ONLY A PROBLEM WHEN NO AUDIO IS PLAYING, IMHO.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #3,599 of 7,693
The Mobius so far sounds as good as I remember when there is playback. I'm not here to review zero audio hiss. I'm here to review how it sounds when you actually FEED IT SOMETHING.

Thanks. Just to clarify, when playing a game/movie/music - there is no hissing during any moments of silence, correct? The hissing is only present when there is no input? If so, not an issue for me. Thanks.

Jul 31, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #3,600 of 7,693
Thanks. Just to clarify, when playing a game/movie/music - there is no hissing during any moments of silence, correct? The hissing is only present when there is no input? If so, not an issue for me. Thanks.

I haven't gamed on it yet, so I can't be certain. I expect there to be hiss in moments of pure silence however. That is a potential drawback for sure, but not something that would dissuade me from enjoying the Mobius. I used to own a Mixamp 5.8. That thing hissed at ALL times, and I lived with it just fine. The Mobius is far less distracting on that front.

I however have listenbed to some tracks at low volume, and honestly can't hear the hiss. So it's not volume specific.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back