• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Jul 12, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #2,461 of 7,693
Order # 2936 Team Copper! I'm getting a $399 pair of cutting edge wireless planar's for $269 so I don't mind a couple bumps in the road for them to make it to my doorstep. That's part of the Kickstarter/Indiegogo program. You get a deal and you get to be in on it before launch typically at a discount, but timelines and deadlines can change and that's expected. The "my patience has ended" comments in this thread make me chuckle a little. Excited and patiently waiting!

Jul 12, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #2,462 of 7,693
Has anyone managed to cancel their order? If so, what's the best way to go about it? I backed pretty early on through IndieGoGo (second tier I think) and I've changed my mind. No longer need these things.

EDIT: Unless these will work wirelessly with the PS4, in that case I'll keep them. That being said, I've read this won't be a feature?

I think that deadline has likely passed. You'll have trouble unloading them though.

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #2,465 of 7,693
Would be pretty rich of them not to extend the refund period considering they are extending the shipping period...

If you can't cancel I don't see you having any trouble offloading them immediately after you get them. Hell pm me when you get them. I know a couple people who wish they had gotten in on the indiegogo and would probably buy them off you.

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #2,466 of 7,693
Would be pretty rich of them not to extend the refund period considering they are extending the shipping period...
If you're 100% sure, regardless of sound that you don't want these and they can't or won't cancel the order.... Don't even open the packaging. You can make a profit. Even included is a hardcase....

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #2,467 of 7,693
If you can't cancel I don't see you having any trouble offloading them immediately after you get them. Hell pm me when you get them. I know a couple people who wish they had gotten in on the indiegogo and would probably buy them off you.
I don't know, my guess is there's a lot of people in the same boat as me and there will be hundreds hitting the used market upon people receiving them.

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #2,469 of 7,693
I'm a little confused though. I totally thought you could hook a lot of Bluetooth headphones up with the PS4. Just stereo and not LDAC, but that could be plenty in many games. A Google search brings back very mixed results. Strange that Sony hasen't already baked in LDAC support. Maybe the PS5 will....

I guess maybe it doesn't support the right codecs? Some search results say it doesn't support any BT headphones.That is really strange. There are Bluetooth USB dongles. Just not an affordable LDAC supported one.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #2,470 of 7,693
Has anyone managed to cancel their order? If so, what's the best way to go about it? I backed pretty early on through IndieGoGo (second tier I think) and I've changed my mind. No longer need these things.

EDIT: Unless these will work wirelessly with the PS4, in that case I'll keep them. That being said, I've read this won't be a feature?

The cancellation-refund deadline ended when the campaign ended back in May. This is an Indiegogo policy not on Audeze's side of things.

Here is a quote from Indigogo's support page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
When are contributions not eligible for a refund?

Contributions cannot be refunded by Indiegogo, if any of the following are true:

• The contribution funds have already been transferred to the campaign owner
  • The campaign has ended
  • The perk associated with the contribution has been fulfilled (contribution is marked as fulfilled on Indiegogo by the campaigner)
  • Indiegogo determines that there has been an abuse of our Terms of Use, or the refund policy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audeze also sited this policy in one of there update emails sent out on May 3 (Update #6):

upload_2018-7-12_11-19-14.png

Sorry, I think your out of luck here. Just put it on Ebay when you get it.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-12_11-18-29.png
    upload_2018-7-12_11-18-29.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 12, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #2,471 of 7,693
I don't know, my guess is there's a lot of people in the same boat as me and there will be hundreds hitting the used market upon people receiving them.

I don't think that's going to happen, it would be pretty unprecedented. That could happen if mobius turns out to be a flop but from everything I've read these are the opposite. If a bunch of people start listing their barely used mobius and it does turn out to be a hit I'll be buying all them up and reselling for a profit.

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #2,472 of 7,693
I don't think that's going to happen, it would be pretty unprecedented. That could happen if mobius turns out to be a flop but from everything I've read these are the opposite. If a bunch of people start listing their barely used mobius and it does turn out to be a hit I'll be buying all them up and reselling for a profit.

This. SO much this....

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #2,473 of 7,693
I had an extra early bird pair and sold it to a friend at my backer price ($199). haha Looking like I could’ve probably sold it and made a profit but wanted him to try them too. Hopefully he likes them as much as we all will.

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #2,475 of 7,693
I just wish they'd add Bluetooth support for the PS4. Ugh, why?!
It's a PlayStation 4 issue. Mobius is using a variety of codecs. And as far as head tracking with surround, it's technically not possible for more than two audio channels to be steamed through Bluetooth. A licensed version through Sony requiring a breakout box is not inconceivable in the future, perhaps.

I don't really understand the obsession with wireless for gaming....for anything where your just sitting there stationarily. It's the future perhaps, but we're not there yet, particularly with surround headphones with head tracking.

This headset is very ambitious and actually brings Audiophile grade Fidelity to a BT and wired surround sound headphone. Consoles and companies are really focused on keeping everything proprietary.

If instead of wishing for a particular product to your exact specifications that can't rightly exist yet, maybe see and explore everything this product has to offer when it arrives.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back