• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
May 24, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #1,546 of 7,693
Am tipping they're working hard, putting all their ducks in a row and working on getting their units to market.

Until the product gets to it's expected/planned release there's no reason for them to be giving any "feedback".

If "software is not 100% finished" why the hell would they (or us) want anything released?
Prior to the actual product?

Looking at the equipment in your sig - I honestly doubt the Mobius is going to scratch the itch to help you get off the "audiophile merry-go-round" if it's not the headtracking/surround you're looking for.

Don't get me wrong - would be awesome if, once you got the Mobius, you were able to sell off the HD800, Stax, amps and dacs etc and be content, but won't be holding out for it.

May 24, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,547 of 7,693
I am after simplification. Not improving what I have - hopefully get to similar level. Tired of cables, connections, packing and unpacking, etc. No time for that.

If you see the new signature, I have already simplified a lot...Most of the time out traveling, and children when at home.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #1,548 of 7,693
I am after simplification. Not improving what I have - hopefully get to similar level. Tired of cables, connections, packing and unpacking, etc. No time for that.

If you see the new signature, I have already simplified a lot...Most of the time out traveling, and children when at home.

It's advertised as a cinematic 3d headphones for games and movies, if as a side bonus it also works well for stereo music, that would be a bonus... I hope you didn't pre-order however...

May 24, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #1,549 of 7,693
It's advertised as a cinematic 3d headphones for games and movies, if as a side bonus it also works well for stereo music, that would be a bonus... I hope you didn't pre-order however...

Audeze has made it clear that these will be superb stereo sounding music headphones. A lot of us bought these with that expectation notwithstanding the marketing aspects. If you look at the beginning of this thread, the reviews support this.

May 24, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #1,550 of 7,693

Despite it being advertised mostly as a gaming headphone, I think it's going to be fairly important that it's a good sounding stereo headphone for music as well. I know that without a doubt the majority of people buying it are not only looking to use it as a gaming headset, especially after Audeze has talked about tuning it similar to an LCD series headphone. I'm not expecting that it's going to equal a $1500+ LCD series headphone for music, but it's important that it sounds good in that regard.

May 24, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #1,551 of 7,693

Sounds like a good goal :)

Grab a current Android phone to make use of the LDAC while on the road.

May 24, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #1,553 of 7,693
Samsung taking their sweet little time pushing out Oreo for Galaxy S7 :frowning2: Was supposed to be out by now but delays... Next time will definitely opt for an Android One / Stock android phone or OnePlus.

May 24, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #1,555 of 7,693
I hope in the (not too distant) future Audeze will at some point make a more upmarket headphone with a feature set like the Mobius (or better… :yum:), but with the same kind of materials and sleek design like e.g. the EL-8. I'd so be willing to pay some more to get something like that…!

May 24, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #1,556 of 7,693
I hope in the (not too distant) future Audeze will at some point make a more upmarket headphone with a feature set like the Mobius (or better… :yum:), but with the same kind of materials and sleek design like e.g. the EL-8. I'd so be willing to pay some more to get something like that…!

Sounds great on paper and the EL-8 Titanium is gorgeous, but for the use case of head-tracking/Bluetooth you would want it to be as light as possible. A headphone building off of Mobius with a more premium lightweight design with some BMW Designworks DNA could do very well.

May 25, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #1,557 of 7,693
Sounds great on paper and the EL-8 Titanium is gorgeous, but for the use case of head-tracking/Bluetooth you would want it to be as light as possible. A headphone building off of Mobius with a more premium lightweight design with some BMW Designworks DNA could do very well.

True, but not really contrary to at least what I wanted to say. Maybe I should've written "…same grade of materials…". I just want a pair of headphones that feels as nice and looks as sweet as the EL-8. Not that the Mobius looks bad, but it does look decidedly less premium than those, and I bet it feels it, too, with its plastic and faux leather construction.
Again, not a criticism—they're absolutely great for their price point—just a wish for a future, different, product.

May 25, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #1,558 of 7,693

What do you mean by "upmarket" ? More expensive? More premium? A "summit fi" version of the Mobius? I just don't see the target audience for something like that. I think the price range they are in now with the Mobius makes much more sense. Are people looking to spend over a grand on a headset targeted at gaming? Or virtual surround sound? I guess maybe there are some people, I'm guessing it's a small pool of people though. I don't think gaming headphones being more expensive then my gaming rig really works, lol.

May 25, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #1,559 of 7,693
What do you mean by "upmarket" ? More expensive? More premium? A "summit fi" version of the Mobius? I just don't see the target audience for something like that. I think the price range they are in now with the Mobius makes much more sense. Are people looking to spend over a grand on a headset targeted at gaming? Or virtual surround sound? I guess maybe there are some people, I'm guessing it's a small pool of people though. I don't think gaming headphones being more expensive then my gaming rig really works, lol.

They could do well with a $499-$599 model of Mobius with a premium BMW Designworks design and materials, perhaps with a greater focus on Bluetooth for that particular model. Sennheiser’s HD1 Wireless was formerly $499 so there is a market for a premium wireless headphone.

$399 is the perfect price point for Mobius though since it positions Mobius nicely against the current lineup of the most popular Bluetooth headphones.

May 25, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #1,560 of 7,693

I see them (or at least the version I'd like) less as a gaming headphone, more like one I can a) use wirelessly—for music and phone calls—on travels, and b) take with me on a long haul flight, etc., to e.g. watch movies on a laptop (or maybe tablet, once the connection supporting multi channel for those has been sorted out). I like over ear headphones for this, since on-ear like the Sine feel very tiring to me after a few hours. And I'm thinking more along the lines of a $600-800 price bracket or so, not >>$1000. Simply something you can use in public places and still feel stylish instead of awkward. :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back