Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Oct 18, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #5,701 of 5,780
Back in the day when I had spare Shure 1540 pads, I found they slip right over the Mobius shell snugly and sit just right. So if you want a suede material that is made for closed backs, consider the Shure 1540 alcantara pads. It definitely fits without any modification. Just stretch it over the cups.

https://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC1540-Replacement-Alcantara-Headphones/dp/B00HXAV0UY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1OGLM16X7ZXZU&keywords=shure+1540+pads&qid=1666132706&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjI1IiwicXNhIjoiMC43OCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMzUifQ==&sprefix=shure+1540+pads,aps,114&sr=8-1

1666132759227.png

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #5,702 of 5,780
Nice one! Thing is, I didn't want any leather, especially that all I can imagine from a quality perspective si that it would feel cheap. I hope that's not the case you yours though!

Right, now I need to somehow sort out the headband cushion. If anyone has any ideas, I am open to those! Not looking to spend a ton of money either :beyersmile:

Oct 18, 2022 at 6:46 PM Post #5,703 of 5,780
Back in the day when I had spare Shure 1540 pads, I found they slip right over the Mobius shell snugly and sit just right. So if you want a suede material that is made for closed backs, consider the Shure 1540 alcantara pads. It definitely fits without any modification. Just stretch it over the cups.

https://www.amazon.com/Shure-HPAEC1540-Replacement-Alcantara-Headphones/dp/B00HXAV0UY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1OGLM16X7ZXZU&keywords=shure+1540+pads&qid=1666132706&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjI1IiwicXNhIjoiMC43OCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMzUifQ==&sprefix=shure+1540+pads,aps,114&sr=8-1

1666132759227.png
Thanks for the suggestion, those do look confy! Though they are £55 and I go about spending that much money on pads, I would save up more and replace the whole headset...

Oct 19, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #5,705 of 5,780
Oh, another question lol!

Is there a way you guys have figured as to how I can see the EQ graph for each preset there is? For Warzone, I am currently using the Footsteps one, but I am not convinced it is the best one. I have tried testing most of them separately, but w/ the way footsteps work in WZ, it's quite tricky.

Oct 26, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #5,706 of 5,780
Is there a way you guys have figured as to how I can see the EQ graph for each preset there is? For Warzone, I am currently using the Footsteps one, but I am not convinced it is the best one. I have tried testing most of them separately, but w/ the way footsteps work in WZ, it's quite tricky.
Here are all Audeze Mobius Firmware V.5‘s EQ Presets, relative to the “Flat” Preset:

Watch out for the very fine scale, complete graph range is just 10 dB, one scale line is 1 dB.
It’s an acoustic measurement, so allow a little amount of wiggle.

The curves are not level-normalized, therefore represent the EQ Preset’s level differences.
E.g. “Default“ is almost the same as “Flat”, just 1 dB quieter.

A21F8E00-9D60-4E89-9CB7-AA2893543E9D.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 11:21 AM Post #5,707 of 5,780
Here are all Audeze Mobius Firmware V.5‘s EQ Presets, relative to the “Flat” Preset:

Watch out for the very fine scale, complete graph range is just 10 dB, one scale line is 1 dB.

The curves are not level-normalized, therefore represent the EQ Preset’s level differences.

This is great data.

Could you separate them into separate graphs, i.e. Flat vs RPG, Flat vs, Default, Flat vs Music, etc? May be easier to read.

I never delved too deep into EQ since I personally never use them, but seeing ballistics and racing as separate bass boosts is good to know. I may play around with those more.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #5,708 of 5,780
This is great data.

Could you separate them into separate graphs, i.e. Flat vs RPG, Flat vs, Default, Flat vs Music, etc? May be easier to read.

I never delved too deep into EQ since I personally never use them, but seeing ballistics and racing as separate bass boosts is good to know. I may play around with those more.
Here are separated charts for the gaming and music related EQs, all relative to “Flat”.

Again:

EA8C1F93-1AF4-4845-BE1E-9F5CCC09B95F.jpeg
68B5C788-1F3B-4FFB-92F1-62334C5D7142.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #5,709 of 5,780
From what it looks like on the graphs, Racing may be my ideal preset as it's about a 3db bump in the rumble region of bass. Nice. I've always kept to Default in stereo, and Music in 7.1/headtracking modes, since 3D audio does seem to reduce warmth/bass, so the music preset re added that low end warmth. I never actually visualized it, but now I can actually see why.

Thanks for this.

Oct 27, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #5,710 of 5,780
From what it looks like on the graphs, Racing may be my ideal preset as it's about a 3db bump in the rumble region of bass. Nice. I've always kept to Default in stereo, and Music in 7.1/headtracking modes, since 3D audio does seem to reduce warmth/bass, so the music preset re added that low end warmth. I never actually visualized it, but now I can actually see why.

Thanks for this.
Before firmware V5 I liked ”Racing“ quite a lot too.

What’s not visible in these graphs:
Firmware 5 enhanced the bass in general, compared to earlier firmware versions, so I am more on “Flat” these days.
I don’t have the files here in my holidays to show a graph comparison.

To reduce the metallic sound of 3D I bring down the Ambience parameter from default 35 to 25.

Nov 3, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #5,711 of 5,780
So how do I take full advantage of those presets? As I remember there was github with all presets being EQ'ed by that auiophile dude I am not able to recall the name of. Do I get the flat one and then choose which preset I want from Audeze hub? Or do I download, say, the RPG preset from github and then choose that same preset from Audeze hub?
Hope that makes any sence! :D

Nov 8, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #5,712 of 5,780
So how do I take full advantage of those presets? As I remember there was github with all presets being EQ'ed by that auiophile dude I am not able to recall the name of. Do I get the flat one and then choose which preset I want from Audeze hub? Or do I download, say, the RPG preset from github and then choose that same preset from Audeze hub?
Hope that makes any sence! :D
Not sure what you mean, these are the presets already on the Mobius. Unless you're planning to use them as EQ on another headphone, you don't need to do anything, just set the Mobius to the specific preset.

Nov 9, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #5,713 of 5,780
please tell me, is it really possible to conduct a ps4-pc-headphone circuit?
so that the sound on the ears is with the playstation? I have cloud orbit s,headphones and the sound is 7.1 only from a PC, so I thought is there really no option to leave the connection through a PC, by wires or somehow, maybe videocatch card?
And second question

I have a feeling that the standard wires are not good enough, can you give me some advice on buying a better wire?
Great thanks for help, my English is madness,sorry for that

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #5,714 of 5,780
please tell me, is it really possible to conduct a ps4-pc-headphone circuit?
so that the sound on the ears is with the playstation? I have cloud orbit s,headphones and the sound is 7.1 only from a PC, so I thought is there really no option to leave the connection through a PC, by wires or somehow, maybe videocatch card?
And second question

I have a feeling that the standard wires are not good enough, can you give me some advice on buying a better wire?
Great thanks for help, my English is madness,sorry for that
The Mobius is first and foremost a PC headset, so if you plug it into a Playstation, you will have to set the Mobius to 2ch/stereo beforehand in order for the Playstation to pick it up as a generic USB audio headset. Meaning you'll be missing all the 7.1 features on the headset.

This is why we recommend people look into the Penrose instead for the Playstation. Mobius WORKS on Playstation, but it wasn't made for it, and you're throwing away a lot of its potential.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back