Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 27, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #5,491 of 5,780
Hopefully we'll get an official word on that soon

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #5,492 of 5,780
I just very nearly bought the new-looking mic for my Mobius as I thought mine had died...before I realised that I had it switched to 'mute' for a couple of weeks. Face-palm...

Apr 28, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #5,493 of 5,780
Mine broke 4 different times despite being careful, and I got them not even half a year ago. I'm sure a lot of you experienced at least one of the following (see image), guess I was unlocky and "collected" nearly all possible breaks - the only thing left to break is the right cup falling off.
I guess I have to thank them for teaching me the ways of metal. Henceforth I shall avoid plastic-built headphones at all costs, at least on critical areas (everything but the cups). I didn't care for all the 3D gimmicks but they sounded good regardless, and since they have internal amplification there was no issue with PS5's messy UAC1 limit with most DAC/AMPs, it was just plug'n'play. Too bad about the build, as they could've lasted much longer if not for this.

I know this is kind of off-topic but I see no better place for comparison. What would you guys recommend with a similar sound signature? Or really, whatever you think is best...
I'm looking at four open-back options: HE400i 2020, Sundara, M1060C (open mod), M570.

Attachments

• broke.jpg
    broke.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 28, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #5,495 of 5,780
^^^ I used tamiya cement on the crack, in addition of reenforcing the entire thing with multiple layers of tape (it broke due to stresses, so melting it back into shape won't help the design flaw that occured in the first place, common sense dictates that a similar break will happen again on either hinge). No idea if melting/fusing it with plastic glue or gluing with superglue affects RMA though... but you should use tape for now or things will only get worse. At least if it breaks the tape will hold it together for now.

Apr 29, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #5,496 of 5,780
Mine broke 4 different times despite being careful, and I got them not even half a year ago. I'm sure a lot of you experienced at least one of the following (see image), guess I was unlocky and "collected" nearly all possible breaks - the only thing left to break is the right cup falling off.
I guess I have to thank them for teaching me the ways of metal. Henceforth I shall avoid plastic-built headphones at all costs, at least on critical areas (everything but the cups). I didn't care for all the 3D gimmicks but they sounded good regardless, and since they have internal amplification there was no issue with PS5's messy UAC1 limit with most DAC/AMPs, it was just plug'n'play. Too bad about the build, as they could've lasted much longer if not for this.

I know this is kind of off-topic but I see no better place for comparison. What would you guys recommend with a similar sound signature? Or really, whatever you think is best...
I'm looking at four open-back options: HE400i 2020, Sundara, M1060C (open mod), M570.
Yes I experienced the second but earlier in this thread I explained how easy it was to fix with super glue. I just had to sacrifice from the ability the cups could turn 180 degrees which is cool. But 4 times man that scares me even if it doe brake again till December I can still replace it with a new one which eventually I will have to do it looking at these comments lol

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #5,497 of 5,780
Hi guys! Replacement SHURE/Audeze mic came, it's a night n day difference from the original, from the sounds it picks up to the voice it broadcasts. Pickup senstivity is much higher (where i have shure set to and hot swap to original, the mic doesn't even pickup my voice half the time) that's how much i had to adjust the senstivity, it's also picking up my background wind (lowered output to fix) and i can place the mic considerable distance away and still sound fine. Worth the money in my opinion.

May 6, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #5,498 of 5,780
Hi guys! Replacement SHURE/Audeze mic came, it's a night n day difference from the original, from the sounds it picks up to the voice it broadcasts. Pickup senstivity is much higher (where i have shure set to and hot swap to original, the mic doesn't even pickup my voice half the time) that's how much i had to adjust the senstivity, it's also picking up my background wind (lowered output to fix) and i can place the mic considerable distance away and still sound fine. Worth the money in my opinion.
post buy link

May 6, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #5,500 of 5,780
go back a page or goto audeze website.
time to take out the trash

no idea why peoples idea of being helpful is to state the obvious if you post something good about a product don't be a jerk when someone asks for the specific thing you bought if I wanted to go and speculate I damn well would have gone to look thru posts and guess or speculate what it is you are talking about. Literally no reason to post a review if you can't be specific about what you are even talking about, brb let me go make a thread reviewing headphones and tell people to go look at my post history when they ask.

garbage.png

May 6, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #5,501 of 5,780
That's because you're a giant child who wants everything handed to them. Can't handle looking 1 page back while i'm on mobile? Or goto their own website, which I had to do on my own to tell the people here it was even for sale. Glad to be ignored by toxic fools. :)
time to take out the trash

no idea why peoples idea of being helpful is to state the obvious if you post something good about a product don't be a jerk when someone asks for the specific thing you bought if I wanted to go and speculate I damn well would have gone to look thru posts and guess or speculate what it is you are talking about. Literally no reason to post a review if you can't be specific about what you are even talking about, brb let me go make a thread reviewing headphones and tell people to go look at my post history when they ask.

May 14, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #5,504 of 5,780
Hello guys! I'm using this headset with Playstation 5, but is it better do keep mobius 3d audio on and ps5 3d audio off, mobius 3d audio off and ps5 3d audio on or both 3d audio on?

And is it better to use 7.1, 2.0 or high-res audio with ps5/pc (for gaming)?

Beside that, does it have an auto sleep or auto off function?

Thank you!

May 14, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #5,505 of 5,780
Hello guys! I'm using this headset with Playstation 5, but is it better do keep mobius 3d audio on and ps5 3d audio off, mobius 3d audio off and ps5 3d audio on or both 3d audio on?

And is it better to use 7.1, 2.0 or high-res audio with ps5/pc (for gaming)?

Beside that, does it have an auto sleep or auto off function?

Thank you!
Only 2.0 mode works on PS5, all others aren't detected. On PC I use high-res, so before switching USB I turn it to 2.0 and then plug it to PS5.

As for headset-specific 3D effects I couldn't tell you, as I never use them. Just PS5's implementation since Tempest is something developers actually build their sound engine around (or completely ignore if it doesn't fit or they have no time). But you can experiment if you like it I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back