Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jun 2, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #5,521 of 5,780
Hi I just got myself the Mobius and I have a few questions and some concerns.

1. I have some major microphonics sounds from the USB-A to USB-C. I think this is the worst cable I ever seen coming with an expensive headset. Also its super stiff. Would switching cable solve my issue? Anyone that could maybe point me in a good direction for a replacement cable that also allows the headset to charge? Also I know you can use like a clipper or something, but.. I don't really like that solution and its not perfect. Are there any other ways to tackle this problem?

2. When I have my headset on, I get electric white noise sounds while I'm holding my smartphone with its charger connected (to the wall). Is that normal? I never had this issue before on any previous headsets. Could that damage my phone/headset?

3. I have a constant, very slight white noise sound in the background. Once you hear it, you cant unhear it.. It bothers me. I assume there is no solution for this since I already have the latest Firmware/Software.

4. Anyone have a EQ profile that is good for FPS games (for APO/PEACE)? Games like PUBG/COD/OW/CSGO/VALORANT. I feel like there is way to much bass using the default "Footsteps" preset, or any of the others for that matter. I cant hear any footsteps when bombs and nades goes off all over the place.

5. Any way to let Discord run stereo while running games with 3D/7.1?

6. Why is the led blinking blue once every few seconds? Is that normal or what does that indicate?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #5,522 of 5,780
It’s me who bought the last pair of Gel-Pads in Europe :)
Besides what they are meant to be they are not much different to the standard ones.
At least I would not consider them “better” in any way.

So no loss on your side.
The cups are more shallow and they take longer to get hot, other than that the sound is pretty similar to stock imo. More padding meat would have been nice since my ears stick out just a bit much for them.

Jun 4, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #5,523 of 5,780
In 7.1 mode the headphones can also handle 2.0, 2.1 and 5.1. You do not have to do anything or change any mode. If the application sends stereo signal in 7.1 mode, the headphones will automatically play them back in 2.0. This is similar to having 5.1 speakers and only L&R are available and the rest of the channels have no signal. To play back stereo in 7.1 mode you do not have to do anything. A good example is you are playing a game in 7.1 and then switch to spotify to listen to a song. You do not have to change any modes.
When do you want to change the modes -
2CH - Some systems like PS4 and some android mobile phones cannot handle 7.1 or 5.1 channel USB device. In these special cases you can use the 2CH mode. There is no reason to use the 2Ch mode unless you are using it PS4 or some android devices which cannot recognize Mobius in 7.1.

Hi-Res mode - If you want to disable all 3D processing and have 24 /96 Hz material that you want to play back, then use this mode. When you switch between 7.1 / 2 Ch and Hires, the mobius will appear as different devices.

3D on/off/auto does NOT change the device. You can freely switch between them seamlessly even when playing back content.

But the default mode of 7.1 should work for 95% of the use cases.

Hm. Anyway to make stereo in Discord? Hearing people talk in 7.1 is kinda meh..

Jun 4, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #5,524 of 5,780
Hello guys! I'm using this headset with Playstation 5, but is it better do keep mobius 3d audio on and ps5 3d audio off, mobius 3d audio off and ps5 3d audio on or both 3d audio on?

And is it better to use 7.1, 2.0 or high-res audio with ps5/pc (for gaming)?

Beside that, does it have an auto sleep or auto off function?

Thank you!
If you are using tempest you should turn off the 3D audio on Mobius. For competitive games switch to stereo on Ps5 and turn on 3D audio on Mobius. So no tempest this is to get advantage of dynamic soundstage of Mobius. Since when it’s passive soundstage is horrible. For all the other games you can use tempest on 3D off. Hope this helps!

Jun 15, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #5,525 of 5,780
Weird issue I just noticed: 7.1 connected to my PC via the included USB A cable is very quiet. Changing the 3D setting doesn't help at all (3D manual/auto/on is slightly louder than 3D off). I have my computer volume for 7.1 at 80 right now, and some things are still quiet.

I was using Stereo for a while (rough estimate about 6 months or so) with 3D on, and I kept the volume on my PC at 20-24. I used 7.1 before, but I liked that the sounds in stereo from PC games sounded "in front" of me (like they're coming from my monitor) instead of "around" me (as if my head was the monitor), but I decided to switch back after reading the Audeze post quoted two commends above.

I used to use 7.1 when I first got my headset, and I don't remember the volume being so quiet. I believe I kept it at like 20-30 on the windows volume slider. I have turned my headphones off and on again (multiple times), restarted my computer, changed USB ports the headphones are plugged into (although I only tried my front-side ports that might all be on the same bus), and tried a new USB cable.

I believe this is different than the headphones getting quieter over time. I had that issue for a while, but found that changing inputs/audio mode/3D mode or restarting the headphones seemed to fix it. I'm not sure what to do now.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Did they find a solution, or just live with it?

Jun 16, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #5,526 of 5,780
Weird issue I just noticed: 7.1 connected to my PC via the included USB A cable is very quiet. Changing the 3D setting doesn't help at all (3D manual/auto/on is slightly louder than 3D off). I have my computer volume for 7.1 at 80 right now, and some things are still quiet.

I was using Stereo for a while (rough estimate about 6 months or so) with 3D on, and I kept the volume on my PC at 20-24. I used 7.1 before, but I liked that the sounds in stereo from PC games sounded "in front" of me (like they're coming from my monitor) instead of "around" me (as if my head was the monitor), but I decided to switch back after reading the Audeze post quoted two commends above.

I used to use 7.1 when I first got my headset, and I don't remember the volume being so quiet. I believe I kept it at like 20-30 on the windows volume slider. I have turned my headphones off and on again (multiple times), restarted my computer, changed USB ports the headphones are plugged into (although I only tried my front-side ports that might all be on the same bus), and tried a new USB cable.

I believe this is different than the headphones getting quieter over time. I had that issue for a while, but found that changing inputs/audio mode/3D mode or restarting the headphones seemed to fix it. I'm not sure what to do now.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Did they find a solution, or just live with it?

Stupid question:
Did you turn down the volume dial, located on Mobius left cup, maybe?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #5,527 of 5,780
Stupid question:
Did you turn down the volume dial, located on Mobius left cup, maybe?
Nope, and the volume dial will adjust the PC volume slider, as expected

Jun 16, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #5,528 of 5,780
Nope, and the volume dial will adjust the PC volume slider, as expected
Not sure if that's a reliable feature, I mean in my case in windows does, but in my android cellphone (S10 +) I had it working as a overall volume control, but my android master volume does not comply to it, it's now like the android device has it's volume and the headset has another one, two separate sliders. I might be stupid enough not to figure out there is a setting to it, but I did not have time to check it out. But like I said I did not have that issue with windows, yet.

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #5,529 of 5,780
Not sure if that's a reliable feature, I mean in my case in windows does, but in my android cellphone (S10 +) I had it working as a overall volume control, but my android master volume does not comply to it, it's now like the android device has it's volume and the headset has another one, two separate sliders. I might be stupid enough not to figure out there is a setting to it, but I did not have time to check it out. But like I said I did not have that issue with windows, yet.
hmm, I could try spinning the headphone volume wheel all the way up, multiple spins past 100 on the PC, to make sure the slider isn't the issue

EDIT: no luck, sounds are still quiet. I will try to just train my ears to listen to quieter sounds for now, until it feels normal. I noticed after playing games at ~90 volume yesterday, all my other headphones sounded super quiet as well. I guess it was too loud, even if it didn't feel like it...

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #5,530 of 5,780
hmm, I could try spinning the headphone volume wheel all the way up, multiple spins past 100 on the PC, to make sure the slider isn't the issue

EDIT: no luck, sounds are still quiet. I will try to just train my ears to listen to quieter sounds for now, until it feels normal. I noticed after playing games at ~90 volume yesterday, all my other headphones sounded super quiet as well. I guess it was too loud, even if it didn't feel like it...
Maybe you’ve got too used to quite high, maybe even unhealthy loudness.
Headphones are notorious to have this effect.

Long term listening, a songs vocalist should not be significantly louder than a person talking to you with normal voice.

Jun 17, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #5,531 of 5,780
Maybe you’ve got too used to quite high, maybe even unhealthy loudness.
Headphones are notorious to have this effect.

Long term listening, a songs vocalist should not be significantly louder than a person talking to you with normal voice.
Yeah, I played yesterday with the volume at ~45. While it was quiet, I found that I got used to it after a while. But even 45 at 7.1 seems quieter than 20 at stereo. Maybe that's just my perception though

Jun 17, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #5,532 of 5,780
Whelp, 13 months after purchase, my Mobius has a snapped right yoke right at the base of the "U". I guess I could try superglue or replacing it but I'm kind of done dealing with these. I should have sent it in for warranty back when the slider fell out (the band became loose over time and I ended up using a plastic zip-tie to hold it together). This eventually happened to both sides so I had matching zip ties, then last night I was setting it down and I guess I am a gorilla ( I am actually a pile of mush with pencil arms...) and crunch...

400 bucks for a little over a year of use. I guess it's not a terrible deal?? Anyways, these things could have been a gateway into the Audeze world and I had thought of upgrading to one of their higher end models, but after this experience I am kind of sour on the brand even though they didn't actually build the headband---they still put their name on it.

Moving on....

Jun 18, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #5,533 of 5,780
Whelp, 13 months after purchase, my Mobius has a snapped right yoke right at the base of the "U". I guess I could try superglue or replacing it but I'm kind of done dealing with these. I should have sent it in for warranty back when the slider fell out (the band became loose over time and I ended up using a plastic zip-tie to hold it together). This eventually happened to both sides so I had matching zip ties, then last night I was setting it down and I guess I am a gorilla ( I am actually a pile of mush with pencil arms...) and crunch...

400 bucks for a little over a year of use. I guess it's not a terrible deal?? Anyways, these things could have been a gateway into the Audeze world and I had thought of upgrading to one of their higher end models, but after this experience I am kind of sour on the brand even though they didn't actually build the headband---they still put their name on it.

Moving on....

Some countries has warranty that extends the one year. In Sweden for example we have 3 years IF there is a manufacturing defect on the product.
In this case there is... You can find many example and pictures of the exact same error all over internet on the Mobius headset.

Jun 18, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #5,534 of 5,780
I would just contact Audeze anyways. Nothing to lose if you do.

Jun 19, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #5,535 of 5,780
Anyone have an issue where the Mobius just randomly turns off WHILE using it? The voice just says "power off" and I have to turn it on again. This happens WHILE I play games and chat in discord etc. Maybe twice a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back