Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jul 28, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #4,952 of 5,780
I wouldn't be so sure, considering gelpads have already disappeared from the market...
Like @Yshusnir said:
That's more an accessory than a replacement part since it's not sold in the base package, so I'd say it's a different case :).
It could also be that the Penrose earpads will be compatible with Mobius since they look so similar (and the new mic is backwards-compatable), and so they will release a new alternate earpad accessory that works with Mobius, hopefully? Gonna ask that rn in the Penrose thread.

Aug 3, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #4,954 of 5,780
Do you guys think that they will sell the 2.4ghz accessory for the mobius for wireless that the penrose has?

Not the expert here, but I don't think that can work. Mobius relies on USB cable for it's audio, plus it's Bluetooth is different (perhaps better) and it has to use what's left to generate it's 3D sound. No room for 2.4. KMann can explain that better, but it's a layman's explanation.

Aug 3, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #4,955 of 5,780
Hey guys, today I've got my HyperX Mobius clone and I must tell first impressions are highly disappointing. I dont't like sound signature - dry, unnatural, shouty, sound stage is non existent mostly and overall very congested, warm preset fixes it but only a little bit while it adds too much midbass which I don't like. Comfort wise they are also horrible - bulky, heavy, too much head pressure. So far I cant find any reason why I should keep them. Even Sony mdr 1am2 which I've had a couple months ago and bought for around 120 usd were more balanced sound wise, more musical, had better subbass impact, were very light and comfortable. I dont understand these headphones at all so far. Will keep listening

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #4,956 of 5,780
Do you guys think that they will sell the 2.4ghz accessory for the mobius for wireless that the penrose has?
No:
1. Even it was possible, Audeze wouldn't do this because it would slow Penrose sales.
2. If it was possible, why would they create the Penrose? Why not just permanently discount the Mobius and sell the accessory with it?
3. It isn't possible anyway. It probably has something to do wityh the fact that the 2.4 ghzI am not qualified to explain why, but don;t you think some other company would have done it by now if it were? And Audeze isn't the kinda company who would do that.
All the same, it would be nice if there was something like this :). We can only wish.

Aug 3, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #4,957 of 5,780
Hey guys, today I've got my HyperX Mobius clone and I must tell first impressions are highly disappointing. I dont't like sound signature - dry, unnatural, shouty, sound stage is non existent mostly and overall very congested, warm preset fixes it but only a little bit while it adds too much midbass which I don't like. Comfort wise they are also horrible - bulky, heavy, too much head pressure. So far I cant find any reason why I should keep them. Even Sony mdr 1am2 which I've had a couple months ago and bought for around 120 usd were more balanced sound wise, more musical, had better subbass impact, were very light and comfortable. I dont understand these headphones at all so far. Will keep listening
Huh. Not most peoples' impressions. It could be that you are so used to the sound of your old cans that for now, these will sound bad to you. Someone else had a similar problem with a different set of cans where they preferred their old HyperX Alphas to their LCD-2C or something like that because their brain was used to the old sound. Try giving it some time. People do complain about soundstage, but mostly because they expect it to have the soundstage of an open-back or smth which is silly. Comfort, isn't great. I would expect a lighter pair like the mdrs to be more comfy, but they aren't un-wearable. You are probably just used to the weight of your old pair. I mean, most Audeze headphones are like 800g, so the Mobius is quite light in comparison! Are you used to Sony mdrs? Cause those aren't the greatest, so it isn;t like you are going from, say, Meze Empyreans to Senn HD 6xxs or something. Do let us know how it feels in a day or two.

Aug 4, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #4,959 of 5,780
2 days ago I got the worse view of my Mobius :sob:

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-04 at 10.45.39 PM.jpeg

This Point has the strongest load I believe on Mobius yet I feel they could have made it stronger. However, does any one has solid solution? I can't use it in this shape

Aug 4, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,961 of 5,780

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-04 at 10.45.39 PM.jpeg

This Point has the strongest load I believe on Mobius yet I feel they could have made it stronger. However, does any one has solid solution? I can't use it in this shape
Ouchee. I feel for you :frowning2:. I've seen lots of pictures like this. Is it still under warranty? Even if it isn't, you might as well contact Audeze customer support anyway - they are very helpful! If they aren;t able to do anything, I don;t think glue will help, your best chance is to be very careful with it and to probably wrap it heavily with duct tape, I think.

Aug 5, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #4,962 of 5,780

Contact Audeze support, they were great about replacing my set after I had a crack.

Aug 5, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #4,963 of 5,780
Contact Audeze support, they were great about replacing my set after I had a crack.

I contacted them and they were really great, they offered me trading my broken set with new one and very small cost. However, my problem is shipping cost for both way are high for me and around same cost I need to pay for them. But I believe I have no other option. I am so happy with Mobius for around 2 year almost daily use with care.

But question in my mind, will this crack happen again after 2 years? or did I do something wrong!

Aug 5, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #4,964 of 5,780
I asked the CEO of Audeze about this, the day Penrose was launched, and here's his response:

"No. Technically this is not possible with the current chipsets. In the Mobius the 7.1 audio is sent to the headphone through USB. For console gaming most people prefer to sit on a couch with TV. So they need a wireless solution. Bluetooth has very high latency for gaming. Penrose is a 2.4Ghz wireless headset without any of the 3D processing. With next gen consoles the 3D processing will be mostly object based, so we went with a totally different design. Mobius is still going strong and will be our wired PC gaming headset. Penrose is targeted for console and wireless PC gaming."

Aug 5, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #4,965 of 5,780
I contacted them and they were really great, they offered me trading my broken set with new one and very small cost. However, my problem is shipping cost for both way are high for me and around same cost I need to pay for them. But I believe I have no other option. I am so happy with Mobius for around 2 year almost daily use with care.

But question in my mind, will this crack happen again after 2 years? or did I do something wrong!
Shipping was covered for me but I am in the same state.
Is the shipping more than you would pay for a new set? Perhaps they can work something out to help reduce the costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back