Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jul 1, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #4,877 of 5,780
Good day! I just received my Mobius today and it is outstanding! However, is there a workaround where you can use the headset and mic at the same time? Is there a work-around about this? Here's and excerpt from a user on Reddit stating the exact same scenario we are having, except it happens to me while inside the game.

Are you able to use the headset and the mic at the same time over BT?

I'm able to do so if I switch to the "Hands-Free" device, but when using the mic with the "Stereo" device it stops all sound completely - until I stop using the mic, then sound kicks back in again.

For instance, even if I just select the Recording tab in the Sound manager playback of anything in the Stereo device mutes, and then returns once I click off the Recording tab. It's very weird.

Out of curiosity... Has anyone here in these 300 pages gotten Bluetooth Input/Output Audio working with Windows 10?

Works fine on my phone but on Windows I have to disable the Input Mic Audio to be able to hear ANYTHING.

Jul 2, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #4,879 of 5,780
Can you tell me where did you get the gel-filled ear pads. Apparently, Audeze discontinued them and I can't find them anywhere in copper.
Same, except I want carbon or blue. Some pretty deep google searches get resukts for completely unnown European retailers, for like $50 USD + $40 for shipping... not willing to risk that. I really hope Audeze comes up with a replacement, or a third-party steps in. Velour might be nice...

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #4,880 of 5,780
Same, except I want carbon or blue. Some pretty deep google searches get resukts for completely unnown European retailers, for like $50 USD + $40 for shipping... not willing to risk that. I really hope Audeze comes up with a replacement, or a third-party steps in. Velour might be nice...
I have searched Head-fi. You can get Velour ones from here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGGG3KY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xWMMBbDPZRG9R
But apparently, they aren't as good. There are blue or carbon ones available in the market. One such website is: https://www.cma.audio/en/categories/accessories/ear-pads/audeze-gel-filled-earpads-f.-mobius-copper

But I can't seem to find Copper ones anywhere.

Jul 3, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #4,881 of 5,780
Jul 3, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #4,882 of 5,780
I have searched Head-fi. You can get Velour ones from here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZGGG3KY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_xWMMBbDPZRG9R
But apparently, they aren't as good. There are blue or carbon ones available in the market. One such website is: https://www.cma.audio/en/categories/accessories/ear-pads/audeze-gel-filled-earpads-f.-mobius-copper

But I can't seem to find Copper ones anywhere.
Welp, I had already seen the CMA Audio one that you linked, and it SAID they were copper.... The unage looks like someone beat up the Mobius though, and you can't tell the color.

Jul 6, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #4,883 of 5,780
I did some searching and have been told by several retailers that the Copper and Blue versions have been discontinued, and only the Black is in stock. Given this development, and the fact that it has been two years since the first release, are we expecting a Mobius 2nd Generation? I understand that there may not have been much progress on the VSS software front so I'm also not quite sure what a Mobius 2nd Generation will look like.

Jul 6, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #4,884 of 5,780
I did some searching and have been told by several retailers that the Copper and Blue versions have been discontinued, and only the Black is in stock. Given this development, and the fact that it has been two years since the first release, are we expecting a Mobius 2nd Generation? I understand that there may not have been much progress on the VSS software front so I'm also not quite sure what a Mobius 2nd Generation will look like.
Same. Maybe a 2.4 GHZ Wireless version? Not sure if Audeze will even doa 2nd gen, or if they do, first launch it on Kickstarter/Indiegogo?

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #4,886 of 5,780
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #4,887 of 5,780
Hi everyone. Need some help. Has anyone tried to connect Audeze Mobius to PS4 via wireless?

Audeze says, it can't be done due to licensing issues. But since this is bluetooth tech, surely there must be a dongle or avr which could be used to connect to PS4. Has anyone tried anything like this?

Jul 9, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #4,888 of 5,780
Is there a DAC or headphone amp with USB output, that works similarly to the PS4? I've been using bluetooth up to now, via my TVs bluetooth, but the slight lagging of sound is starting to annoy me, so I was looking at ditching it for a wired connection direct from my sources.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #4,889 of 5,780
Hi everyone. Need some help. Has anyone tried to connect Audeze Mobius to PS4 via wireless?

Audeze says, it can't be done due to licensing issues. But since this is bluetooth tech, surely there must be a dongle or avr which could be used to connect to PS4. Has anyone tried anything like this?
So i can't speak from personal experience, but I think you have three options:

1. Get a bluetooth transmitter that supports SBC, AAC (very rare in transmitters), or LDAC (also very rare in transmitters). So you will proably end up with an SBC transmitter.
    1. Pros: cheaper than the other options.
    2. Cons: SBC has very bad audio quality and latency. This really isn't an option.
  2. Get a bluetooth transmitter that supports aptX, or aptX HD, and get a reciever that supports aptX or aptX HD
    1. Pros: Better audio quality.
    2. Cons: More expensive than option 1. Still bad latency. You have to actually plug a reciever into the Mobius.
  3. Get an aptX LL transmitter, and an aptX LL reciever. Probably the best option.
    1. Pros: Decent audio, amazingly low latency.
    2. Cons: Probably the most expensive option. You also have to plug a reciever into the Mobius.
Again, I don't have a PS4, and I have never tried this, this is just what could possibly work. One thing to note is that I don't think the mic will work with any of these solutions - something called Faststream needs to be implemented by the headset, and this is super rare.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #4,890 of 5,780
Is there a DAC or headphone amp with USB output, that works similarly to the PS4? I've been using bluetooth up to now, via my TVs bluetooth, but the slight lagging of sound is starting to annoy me, so I was looking at ditching it for a wired connection direct from my sources.
You mean like how you plug in a headset into the PS4 controller? Not entirely sure, maybe get a aptX LL transmitter and reciever? Plug the transmitter into your TV, and the reciever into the Mobius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back