Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jun 14, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #4,861 of 5,780
It's weird, switching EQ changes the balance slightly, but not to the "zéro" point... And after switching the EQ, changing the volume with the dial changes again the balance to what it was before changing the EQ o.O. I wrote to Audeze support, I'll see what they have to say :).

Jun 14, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #4,862 of 5,780
For some reason when I open the app now, the animated head movement no longer occurs. Disable animation is not checked. I tired reinstalling the app, but it still does not work. What am I doing wrong?

Jun 14, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #4,863 of 5,780
For some reason when I open the app now, the animated head movement no longer occurs. Disable animation is not checked. I tired reinstalling the app, but it still does not work. What am I doing wrong?
You did make sure that 3d is set to Manual, right? In Virtual 7.1? And your Mobius is on, and in USB mode?
Sorry if my questions seem basic, its the only possible solutions I can think of.

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #4,865 of 5,780
I've tried all combination of settings with no success. I tried what you listed as well just in case. No joy. Yes, it is on. Yes, in USB mode.
Maybe someone else knows? Try contacting Support. Maybe, if you can, install AudezeHQ on another computer. Check if it works there. If so, it could be that you never fully uninstalled HQ in the first place.

Jun 14, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #4,866 of 5,780
It's weird, switching EQ changes the balance slightly, but not to the "zéro" point... And after switching the EQ, changing the volume with the dial changes again the balance to what it was before changing the EQ o.O. I wrote to Audeze support, I'll see what they have to say :).
Are you using 3D?
The headtracking can be centered with a short click on the 3D button.

Jun 21, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #4,870 of 5,780
Can confirm the gelpads are amazing. Was not enjoying my mobius that much until the fw5 update & replaced the pads to gel. Love it so much now.
it's a true shame they are not making more of them, they really need to consider a better ear pad as a standard. If anything was a fail on the mobius it's for sure the build quality on the yoke and these memory foam pads.

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #4,873 of 5,780

I had this problem as well with my Mobius which I RMAed, and the replacement had the same issue too. If you do a google search on this, I believe there is another forum out there identifying the sound imbalance. Luckily, I use my Mobius almost exclusively for PC gaming so I can use Windows to adjust the balance (but it resets everytime I restart my PC, which is annoying). I'm not sure if this is a widespread problem since many users here don't seem to complain about it, but since I've personally experienced this issue twice in a row with different units, I'm quite disappointed. Audeze itself hasn't officially acknowledged the problem, and when I wrote to their tech support, I was told that the right and left earcups vent sound differently due to the different construction of each cup (one side has more electronics) and so I am given the impression that this problem is within their product tolerances.

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #4,874 of 5,780
Update on this issue : I contacted tech support, they told me of a procedure to "reset" the headset settings by making it run out of battery than charge it up again. At first, nothing change but after an hour, balance restored completely. It lasted for one or two days, then the problem reappeared and I sent it to RMA (I bought it second-hand but they checked the manufacturing date to see if it was still under warranty). In my case, it definitely couldn't have been within product tolerance, I had to put the left cup almost at double the volume of the right to restore the balance.

That being said, client support from Audeze is amazing : fast answers, super helpful and really good contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back