Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jun 19, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #3,916 of 5,780
Ok, thanks guys. BTW I don't understand this line:
We do not recommend using a computer USB port for long-term charging as some ports may be deactivated by the computer's power-saving features.
Okay, but if I use Mobius on PC I need it to be plugged, and when I don't use it... I need it to be recharged.
So always using an USB port...

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #3,917 of 5,780

Okay, but if I use Mobius on PC I need it to be plugged, and when I don't use it... I need it to be recharged.
USBSelectiveSuspend.png

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #3,918 of 5,780

You can charge it from a 5v USB phone charger overnight, or make sure to unplug it from your computer when it has fnished charging.

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #3,920 of 5,780
It's a known bug. For now it's best to unplug the mobius from your PC after switching it off. Hopefully ths new firmware should fix this.
If I recall correct Auto Off doesn't work if Mobius is connected to USB.
So if you're laptop is sleeping it does not supply charge current to Mobius any more, and Mobius does not automatically switch off, but drains the battery.

I just switch off Mobius manually, leaving it connected and didn't have any problems.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #3,921 of 5,780
If I recall correct Auto Off doesn't work if Mobius is connected to USB.
So if you're laptop is sleeping it does not supply charge current to Mobius any more, and Mobius does not automatically switch off, but drains the battery.

I just switch off Mobius manually, leaving it connected and did't have any problems.

It's more than this, I switch the mobius off and leave it charging or fully charged and it somehow drains itself when plugged into a computer.

This is on a USB socket that provides power whether the computer is powered on, off, or in sleep mode.

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #3,926 of 5,780
So Mobius charging light stays on, but Mobius drains it's battery???

Initially the Mobius is in the normal charging state

After a while, I'm not sure if this is triggered by shutting down/sleep or by something in the Mobius'/windows power profile, for some reason the Mobius drains itself.

Normally the situation for me when this occurs is if I want to charge it overnight. I switch my pc off, see the red light charging and fall asleep.

When I wake up, no red light, Mobius won't power on, I have to charge it for about 20 mins to get it to stay on for any reasonable time. I have been advised by support to use a wall usb charger for overnight charging.

Jun 19, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #3,927 of 5,780
It's more than this, I switch the mobius off and leave it charging or fully charged and it somehow drains itself when plugged into a computer.

This is on a USB socket that provides power whether the computer is powered on, off, or in sleep mode.

I second seeing this behavior. Initially I would leave my Mobius connected to the PC and just power it on and off as I needed. But I left it overnight and came back and the Mobius battery was dead, even after have been powered off from likely a full charge.

Even more annoying at that point was that I couldn't power the Mobius back on for maybe 5-10 minutes after turning on my PC (well I could, but it would just shut back off again). I'm pretty sure the battery in the Mobius was so low at that point that it needed to charge back up a sufficient amount before it would work normally, even though it was plugged in and receiving power from the PC.

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #3,928 of 5,780
I've also always seen this behavior, if I leave the headset off but plugged into my system, however I run 24/7 and if my mobius is left plugged in and powered on by accident it will still have full charge in the morning. Since the connection to the mobius' port itself is not %100 best build quality either [98%] (continued plugging and unplugging will force you to need to clean the port and or replace cables). I resort to unplugging my mobius from the PC, and making sure it's not paired bluetooth and then let it auto shut down. This has made it so I've not run out of battery or had to replace the cable again.

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #3,929 of 5,780
I leave mine plugged in 24/7 to the back usb c port and never have battery issues, nor do I have to turn them on or off.

In the bios, there is a setting called deep sleep (s5 power state) that controls whether peripherals plugged into USB ports will be powered or not after shutdown. When deep sleep is enabled, then all power will be turned off at shutdown. Kind of counterintuitive but whatever.

That’s one thing to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back