Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jun 6, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #3,886 of 5,780
Something in the update still might be affecting the Bluetooth. (While I understand that nothing was changed in the Bluetooth part of the firmware in this update, that does not mean that some other part changed and inadvertently affected Bluetooth.) On mine since the update, Bluetooth pretty much doesn't work anymore. Nothing happens when double pushing the power button, it doesn't go into pairing mode. It won't connect with previously paired devices either. Only USB works. Out of the 1 out of 10 times I've tried turning them on, it worked 1 time. (I was able to gol into pairing mode, re-connect with previously paired devices and pair new ones. Once I turned the headset off, I was unable to get it to get back to a working state again.)

I contacted Audeze support, and was told to try unpairing from the old devices. It's a little upsetting because in the email I went into pretty good detail and one of the first things I explained was how pairing mode will not turn on. (I've been in IT for almost 20 years, and I feel like I just go the equivalent of the old "did you try turning it off and back on again?")

They sadly didn't even answer the important question, which was can the firmware be downgraded to a previous version. (I've always had such amazing support from Audeze, I'm a little frustrated at this.) This has nothing to do with any other devices.

Does anyone here happen to know if you can downgrade firmware? (And if you can in fact do this, do you have a link to the previous working firmware?)

Thank you,

Jun 8, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #3,887 of 5,780
Is there a new firmware for the headphones within the past month?

Jun 8, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #3,889 of 5,780
There was but it was pulled due to some units getting bricked in the update process (mine included) so it's been pulled but they said it should be available again in a few weeks

What does this firmware update do which my third version doesn’t?

Jun 8, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #3,890 of 5,780
Jun 9, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #3,891 of 5,780
Any idea why the manual states we should not use auto-center and rather manual centering?

Oftentimes with manual it ends up looking like this after a gaming match....

TTWJzuA.png

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:00 PM Post #3,892 of 5,780
Perhaps he’s being stoic after the loss.

Perhaps he is listening to the D-minor chord. The saddest chord of them all.

Any others? lol

Jun 10, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #3,893 of 5,780
Does anyone else's finish start to flake?

I had the same problem with AIAIAI TMA-1. After less than a year the soft rubberised finish started to flake and left a sticky uncleanable mess.
I'm afraid the same is happening to the Mobius on the headband. I have the Indigo pre-order model.

Also, the earcup cushions started to deform quite bad, but I'll replace them with the cooling cushions anyway ( even is shipping is STEEP from Cali to Belgium )

If it keeps going like this I will have to let go of this headset. It works brilliantly, but something this expensive should be resistant to everyday office wear.

I don't have a photo hosting service so no pics for now.

Jun 10, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #3,894 of 5,780
Well my luck continues as it has been, after returning my mobius last week i thought it odd that id heard nothing, today i got a delivery, UPS have returned them to me due to "no invoice". le sigh

Jun 10, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #3,895 of 5,780

I had the same problem with AIAIAI TMA-1. After less than a year the soft rubberised finish started to flake and left a sticky uncleanable mess.
I'm afraid the same is happening to the Mobius on the headband. I have the Indigo pre-order model.

Also, the earcup cushions started to deform quite bad, but I'll replace them with the cooling cushions anyway ( even is shipping is STEEP from Cali to Belgium )

If it keeps going like this I will have to let go of this headset. It works brilliantly, but something this expensive should be resistant to everyday office wear.

if you have the blue one: amazon.com has had these and sends them to Europe; they might return

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #3,896 of 5,780
The new ear pads are phenomenal, just received them. I agree with the previous post as I also use these nightly and recently started to see the pads deform.
I believe these new pads do provide a better sound stage and a bit more bass. Also, I feel they have a better seal around my ears. For about the first 5 minutes of putting them on they are recognizably cooler. After that they warm up but not to much where it’s uncomfortable. I use them for about 2-3 hours every night.

Jun 11, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #3,897 of 5,780

Mine started to flake as well. I have the Coppers.

Jun 11, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #3,898 of 5,780
Mine started to flake as well. I have the Coppers.
mine as well, but I expected that with the material they picked. It doesn't affect the function just the ascetics and this isn't a headphone for life because of the battery (and how headset dies when battery dies, even with replacement it's a flaw in the build I expect to be fixed in the next generation.) Its the first go, I love the headset and have used mine for 8+ hours a day -every- day since it showed up at my door. It's held up well, and hasn't broken like other cheap plastics which is what I care most about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back