Audeze Mobius review / impressions
May 29, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #3,769 of 5,780
During our testing, we did not encounter the issues being reported here and we tested on multiple PCs. We would like to better understand the cause of the issues.

For those of you with BSOD and crashes:
  1. Could you please let us know which Windows version you are on (Win + R, then type winver, hit enter)
  2. Your display size and graphics card
  3. USB port being used (2/3/3.1 and if it is a hub)

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #3,770 of 5,780
winver 1809 (OSBuild 17763.504)
Display: 14" 1440p dolby vision
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620 (nvidia drivers installed as i use an eGPU but it was not connected at the time of update)

System: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen, i7-8550u
Cable: Original USB-C to USB-C cable
Port: Thunderbolt 3/usb3.1 directly connected

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #3,771 of 5,780
winver 1809 (OSBuild 17763.503)
Display: 49" Samsung C49RG90 3840x1080 144hz
GPU: Nvidia 1080 Ti Driver 430.53

System: i9-9900k, Asus Gene XI
Cable: Original USB-A to USB-C cable
Port: USB 3.0

(no crash dump or crash msg. BSOD and Freeze.)

BSOD Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
What failed: USBXHCI.SYS

Bios:
USB Legacy mode = enabled
xhci hand off = disabled

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #3,772 of 5,780
During our testing, we did not encounter the issues being reported here and we tested on multiple PCs. We would like to better understand the cause of the issues.

For those of you with BSOD and crashes:
  1. Could you please let us know which Windows version you are on (Win + R, then type winver, hit enter)
  2. Your display size and graphics card
  3. USB port being used (2/3/3.1 and if it is a hub)
1. Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.145
2. Dual display setup, 2560x1080 and 1024x768, both running at 80Hz. GPU is an MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8G.
3. I used a USB 3.0 type A front panel port

I can provide a crashdump from Windows if it would help.

EDIT: @KMann I don't know if it's something you can do but I would really recommend you pull the update from the site for now, until you know what's going on. Currently an unsuspecting user could download the update and brick their Mobius without warning.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #3,774 of 5,780
It looks like some units during the upgrade process, if a crash happens, stays in the programming mode. Most, if not all Mobius units are field recoverable. We have additional internal software that we will be able to use with affected units to help recover them. We have suspended the download of the firmware to figure out the reason for the crash. We upgraded over 500 units in our factory with the same software without encountering these issues, so it was a surprise to us. As we have mentioned earlier, we want to improve the value of Mobius and that is the reason we are trying hard to get these additional features. Please bear with us and we will get this sorted out. Please email support@audeze if you encounter any upgrade issue and we will help you with the recovery of the unit.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
May 29, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #3,775 of 5,780
seems like mine got nuked totally, even with the alternate software, theres simply nothing on the usb at all, the red led comes on for a short while after connecting then goes off, ive even tried connecting them in linux to see if anything shows up with an lsusb but again nothing at all, ive used another laptop with both win and linux too but nope.

May 29, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #3,777 of 5,780
seems like mine got nuked totally, even with the alternate software, theres simply nothing on the usb at all, the red led comes on for a short while after connecting then goes off, ive even tried connecting them in linux to see if anything shows up with an lsusb but again nothing at all, ive used another laptop with both win and linux too but nope.
Looks like you may have accidentally disabled charging. Power it off (slide mic on, unplug from USB, wait 3 seconds, push power button) the red led should trun off. Then plug into USB push power button till you see red LED, leave it connected for an hour or so and let it charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back