Audeze Mobius review / impressions
May 29, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #3,737 of 5,780
I was able to update the Mobius with no issues. Initial impressions is in line with the others, flat with the new '3d on' setting might be my new preferred setting over default.

So far, I'm happy with this update. Just made a great product even better.

May 29, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #3,739 of 5,780
Can anyone explain what 'link mode' is within sound profiles?
Second question, I'm finding listening to two channel music through itunes on my PC it sounds different to 8 channel mode and I prefer the sound. Would you not expect them to be the same on music?

May 29, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #3,742 of 5,780
@audbaal Sorry to hear about your situation. Has there been any progress? When it happened to me the Mobius wouldn't turn off until I slid the mute switch in the "Mute Off" position. After that I was able to power it on and update like before. I hope you will be able to resolve your problem quickly.

I would recommend to everyone that they wait with this update until the stability problems have been resolved. So far a significant number of people (myself included) got a BSOD during the update procedure and at least one of them hasn't been able to recover easily. It is of course up to you to determine whether it's worth the risk, but if I had known about these issues I would have waited.

I will be posting impressions and notes about the new firmware later today.

May 29, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #3,743 of 5,780
Cant turn it off. Blue light is always on.
Its not recognized by the Audeze HQ, so recover fails.

I followed the update guide 1:1 and this windows 10 1809 is a fresh installation.

Wenn connected to USB, i see "GD32 device in DFU Mode" under USB Controller.

Is there any factory reset button?

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #3,744 of 5,780
this isnt good....

noticed the update had dropped so i grabbed it, installed the new app, ran as admin, connected directly from the USB-C on my thinkpad to the mobius and updated, shortly into the first update and bang i got a BSOD (USBXHCI.sys if memory serves)

now, nothing, the red light comes on when connected like theyre charging but there is no device present on the system at all, ive tried the recover potion but just get "Recovering failed" immediately, ive tried long pressing all buttons/wheels etc but still no change, they seem to be completely bricked.

is there anything that can push them into an emergency download mode or something so they can be recovered or are they totalled?

May 29, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #3,746 of 5,780
i used the exact same setup, same cable (original USB-C) and even the same port that i used to do the last FW update and ive used this system to flash countless phones and mobile devices with no issue, it may have just been pure bad luck but in any case i dont have any sort of connection whatsoever at the moment, if i hold the power both wheels and the 3D button for a while and release the charge light goes off but windows still sees no device

May 29, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #3,747 of 5,780
Cant turn it off. Blue light is always on.
Its not recognized by the Audeze HQ, so recover fails.

I followed the update guide 1:1 and this windows 10 1809 is a fresh installation.

Wenn connected to USB, i see "GD32 device in DFU Mode" under USB Controller.

Is there any factory reset button?
Slide the mic mute switch to the up position (so the mic is unmuted). This should allow the Mobius to turn off after you disconnect the USB. After that wait a few seconds and then power it on again. Then you can try the firmware update again.

May 29, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #3,748 of 5,780
this isnt good....

noticed the update had dropped so i grabbed it, installed the new app, ran as admin, connected directly from the USB-C on my thinkpad to the mobius and updated, shortly into the first update and bang i got a BSOD (USBXHCI.sys if memory serves)

now, nothing, the red light comes on when connected like theyre charging but there is no device present on the system at all, ive tried the recover potion but just get "Recovering failed" immediately, ive tried long pressing all buttons/wheels etc but still no change, they seem to be completely bricked.

is there anything that can push them into an emergency download mode or something so they can be recovered or are they totalled?
The BSOD seems to be a common problem, but in most cases it should be recoverable from what I've seen. Is the Mobius turned on? Do you see any activity on the LED at all? If not, try long pressing the power button to try to turn it on. If that doesn't work then contact support. If it's stuck on with the blue LED then slide the mic mute switch up to allow the Mobius to turn off.

May 29, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #3,749 of 5,780
Slide the mic mute switch to the up position (so the mic is unmuted). This should allow the Mobius to turn off after you disconnect the USB. After that wait a few seconds and then power it on again. Then you can try the firmware update again.

The headset lies in front of me. The led is blue. I switch the mic button up and disconnect the headset. The led is blue and blinks every 4s. How to turn it off? No button is responding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back