Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 24, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #3,573 of 5,780
What about the gyro, can you have 3D without head movements?
I too am waiting for this feature. I don't think we have long to wait for this.

It's funny that head tracking adds an extra layer of dimensionality, but since we're so accustomed to in game avatars and sounds relative to THEIR pov, headtracking can be seen as a slight detriment, as their pov is not our head.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #3,574 of 5,780
I too am waiting for this feature. I don't think we have long to wait for this.

It's funny that head tracking adds an extra layer of dimensionality, but since we're so accustomed to in game avatars and sounds relative to THEIR pov, headtracking can be seen as a slight detriment, as their pov is not our head.

Thanks. You mean like a firmware update?
Can you use the Mobius while it's charging, or keep it plugged in the USB all the time?

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #3,575 of 5,780
Thanks, but can you use the Mobius while it's charging, or keep it plugged in the USB all the time?
You can use it while charging, no problem. Like for example, I would use it in Bluetooth mode, and then when it's close to dying, I'd switch to the usb mode, and it'd charge while giving me a superior sound quality of the usb mode compared to bluetooth. You have plenty of options with the Mobius.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #3,576 of 5,780
You can use it while charging, no problem. Like for example, I would use it in Bluetooth mode, and then when it's close to dying, I'd switch to the usb mode, and it'd charge while giving me a superior sound quality of the usb mode compared to bluetooth. You have plenty of options with the Mobius.

What would be better, the Mobius DAC or an Xonar DGX?
Will the DAC still work if connected via analog 3.5mm?

Apr 24, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #3,577 of 5,780
Apr 24, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #3,578 of 5,780
The stock pads are glued/taped to the to the colored rings and are secured with tabs so they just pop right off. The pleather mounting ring lip thing of the brainwavz pads slides right over the mobius cups and holds them in place perfectly, however, they dont create a good seal. in my case i made a plasric ring and a felt ring which helped make a really good seal. i just cut it out of the bottom piece of a plastic jewel case and used 1mm craft felt.

The pink one goes on first and is the same shape as the plastic one. You could even glue it to the plastic one.

The blue one goes in the pad. I dont know that its necessary any change was subtle and maybe not real but ive seen pads use felt rings likr that before so i tried it and though it smoothed high frequencies just a little bit more.

What should I say, the Brainwavz Earpads just arrived and they are way more comfortable than the orignal earpads and the new cool gel earpads. And yes, 3D is just more natural. Thank you @Zenvota, great tip.
@KaiSc, did you already try them?

Apr 24, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #3,579 of 5,780
What would be better, the Mobius DAC or an Xonar DGX?
Will the DAC still work if connected via analog 3.5mm?
Using the Mobius' built in dac is what gives you waves + headtracking. Using the xonar for dolby headphone or a g6 for sbx would just give you planar headphones and it would also have to be used with aux and then it would still use the mobius internal dac after doing an analog to digital conversion.

DACs are a gimmick.
lol

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #3,581 of 5,780
What should I say, the Brainwavz Earpads just arrived and they are way more comfortable than the orignal earpads and the new cool gel earpads. And yes, 3D is just more natural. Thank you @Zenvota, great tip.
@KaiSc, did you already try them?
Mobius is a bit lying on ice here until the next firmware (hopefully) fixes some of the issues that spoil my fun with it (#1 the overreacting headtracking).
Trying some other pads wasn't top on my list, as there seems no good way to mount them until the original frame becomes available, but comfort improvement would be welcome, so ...
I'll give the Gel Pads a shot once I can have them from Amazon, then I have a pair to rip appart.

Can you give me a link to the exact version of the Brainwavz pads please?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #3,582 of 5,780
I wouldn't worry about dacs with the Mobius. It already has a dac built in. Any other is just redundant. If it's for Dolby Headphone, that too is redundant as the surround on the Mobius is already very good.

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #3,583 of 5,780
Mobius is a bit lying on ice here until the next firmware (hopefully) fixes some of the issues that spoil my fun with it (#1 the overreacting headtracking).
Trying some other pads wasn't top on my list, as there seems no good way to mount them until the original frame becomes available, but comfort improvement would be welcome, so ...
I'll give the Gel Pads a shot once I can have them from Amazon, then I have a pair to rip appart.
Last I heard there is no fix for that in the upcoming firmware update. I was told it was being looked into but no fix would be included in the upcoming firmware. However that was before it was delayed, so I guess there is a (small) chance that a fix will be included. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #3,584 of 5,780

Can you give me a link to the exact version of the Brainwavz pads please?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZY8PGJI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AUmWCbPVC8A67

The felt and plastic rings are very easy to make and everything stays in place very well on the headphone, its completely nonaltering to the Mobius as well.

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #3,585 of 5,780
I had replaced the pads with some Shure 1540 alcantara pads, but I felt it made the headphone clampy, so I revered back to the stock pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back