Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 20, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #3,543 of 5,780
Thank you! Does this include when using it over Bluetooth?
When using the mic over Bluetooth the audio profile switches from A2DP to HSP, which means you only get mono, very low quality audio for both the mic and the audio output. It is intended to be used for phone calls and pretty much nothing else. This is a limitation of Bluetooth audio protocols and all Bluetooth headsets (apart from some Creative stuff which uses a special receiver) have this problem. Because of this, I would not recommend you use the mic over Bluetooth. To answer your question though, yes the problems with mic gain and noise gates are resolved across the board. On AUX, USB and Bluetooth.

Apr 20, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #3,544 of 5,780
It probably came with improvements made within V2 but I personally had no problems with the mic in V1. I'm currently on V3 there have been 3 releases as detailed on there own website.
There has only been 1 public release, which is called V3 because there were earlier versions in private beta. The changelog isn't representative of how many public releases there have been. We are expecting a new firmware to be released in a few weeks (it was supposed to be released already but Audeze ran into some issues with large scale testing), so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Apr 21, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #3,546 of 5,780
Has anyone else experienced the Mobius switch itself off and on while not powered up? Sometimes my sound will stop and start randomly on my USB DAC when i have just started my computer, when i look at my sound devices its the Mobius starting and shutting down about every second even though I've not touched the power buttons. Obviously disconnecting fixes it and its not every time.

Apr 21, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #3,547 of 5,780
Has anyone else experienced the Mobius switch itself off and on while not powered up? Sometimes my sound will stop and start randomly on my USB DAC when i have just started my computer, when i look at my sound devices its the Mobius starting and shutting down about every second even though I've not touched the power buttons. Obviously disconnecting fixes it and its not every time.
Every second sounds like it might be a loose USB connection?

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:17 AM Post #3,549 of 5,780

Every second sounds like it might be a loose USB connection?
I've seen this the other way round, Mobius connected to an iPhone via lightning powered AppleCCK:
Mobius (in switched off state) wakes up the iPhone randomly every few minutes.
Mobius does not power up in this case.

This is not happening all the time, might be connected to Mobius charging?

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #3,550 of 5,780
The stock pads are glued/taped to the to the colored rings and are secured with tabs so they just pop right off. The pleather mounting ring lip thing of the brainwavz pads slides right over the mobius cups and holds them in place perfectly, however, they dont create a good seal. in my case i made a plasric ring and a felt ring which helped make a really good seal. i just cut it out of the bottom piece of a plastic jewel case and used 1mm craft felt.
Would you mind to label which of the three rings you are showing is at which level. So which to put where? Thanks a lot.

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #3,551 of 5,780
I have been utilizing the V3 firmware without any issues so far. This has been tested over Bluetooth using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 6, and Astell and Kern SR-15 (hell yeah). I even am using the USB-C to USB-C connection to my 2018 MacBook Pro 15 without a single issue.

So I gather that external DACs aren't useful for the Mobius due to the circuitry? I assume that information is what I should glean from this thread.

Apr 22, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #3,552 of 5,780
Would you mind to label which of the three rings you are showing is at which level. So which to put where? Thanks a lot.
The pink one goes on first and is the same shape as the plastic one. You could even glue it to the plastic one.

The blue one goes in the pad. I dont know that its necessary any change was subtle and maybe not real but ive seen pads use felt rings likr that before so i tried it and though it smoothed high frequencies just a little bit more.

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #3,553 of 5,780
I have been utilizing the V3 firmware without any issues so far. This has been tested over Bluetooth using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, iPhone 6, and Astell and Kern SR-15 (hell yeah). I even am using the USB-C to USB-C connection to my 2018 MacBook Pro 15 without a single issue.

So I gather that external DACs aren't useful for the Mobius due to the circuitry? I assume that information is what I should glean from this thread.
The Mobius does its own digital to analog conversion, so no, DACs are useless for the Mobius. If anything you'd just be going digital to analog, back to digital, and then finally back to analog... redundant and potentially introduces more audio problems into the chain.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #3,554 of 5,780
The Mobius does its own digital to analog conversion, so no, DACs are useless for the Mobius. If anything you'd just be going digital to analog, back to digital, and then finally back to analog... redundant and potentially introduces more audio problems into the chain.

Is there any way to increase the max volume to the Mobius say from a cell phone such as my Note 9 since I can't use a DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back