Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Apr 16, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #3,511 of 5,780
Would a backup battery/power bank help in your situation?

Its a little fiddly because when you plug in a USB, it tries to switch to USB mode instead of bluetooth, but I've managed to get Mobius to charge whilst using Bluetooth in the past.
You can manually switch the source by double clicking the 3D button

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Apr 16, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #3,513 of 5,780
Awesome review and The Mobius exceeded my expectations sonically, it's simply the best sounding bluetooth headphone I've ever heard and it's not even close. However, in the future for bluetooth headphones you may want to include information on battery life, which is extremely important when travelling. I find the Mobius quitting on me after less than 4 hours, while other wireless headphones are giving me 18+ hours of battery life. I travel every weekend and the Mobius short battery life is very annoying because I have to now bring a backup set of headphones. Well actually I *could* buy another Mobius but I'm not going to.

I didn't include battery life performance as it's already documented in the product page, but you do make a valid point as it just makes sense to include that much.

I don't normally review wireless products so it's something I need to consider. I'll at the very least add that in the review in its own section soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Apr 17, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #3,514 of 5,780
The right channel on my Mobius failed - it fizzled out while music was playing. If I roll the volume knob it comes back and stays for a while but may fail intermittently.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #3,516 of 5,780
Can someone tell me how I download the software? It keeps asking me to sign it which I do but the software never downloads, is there a link anyone can provide to just allow me to download it?
You're supposed to put in an email address in the field, select the file you want to download and then click the 'submit' button. Annoyingly you have to put in your email address every single time you want to download something, which I would like to see changed.

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #3,517 of 5,780
You're supposed to put in an email address in the field, select the file you want to download and then click the 'submit' button. Annoyingly you have to put in your email address every single time you want to download something, which I would like to see changed.

Did this, hit submit and nothing downloads. The entire experience is terrible honestly, surely someone here from Audeze can just drop a simple link in this thread so I can actually use the headphones? Would be nice.

Apr 17, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #3,518 of 5,780
Did this, hit submit and nothing downloads. The entire experience is terrible honestly, surely someone here from Audeze can just drop a simple link in this thread so I can actually use the headphones? Would be nice.
I'll send you a pm with a link to the one I downloaded earlier. Keep in mind that an updated version is set to release in a couple weeks time. You could also try disabling your ad-blocker (if you use one) and see if it works then.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #3,520 of 5,780
Contact support.
It's been stable for a few hours now. There is no direct support in my country. I'll have to send it back to the dealer and wait god knows how long for a replacement, assuming they even accept it in the first place since the channel failure is not reproducible right now.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #3,521 of 5,780
It's been stable for a few hours now. There is no direct support in my country. I'll have to send it back to the dealer and wait god knows how long for a replacement, assuming they even accept it in the first place since the channel failure is not reproducible right now.
Please check if the issue is a possible cable. I would test it with Aux also if wiggling the cable breaks it.

Apr 17, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #3,522 of 5,780
Please check if the issue is a possible cable. I would test it with Aux also if wiggling the cable breaks it.
Even the internal voice and Bluetooth are affected. I'm using it wireless.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #3,523 of 5,780
I actually noticed something weird a few days ago on my MacBook via Bluetooth. I opened the "Audio MIDI Setup" app for no particular reason and saw that the right channel volume on the Mobius Bluetooth device was set to 0%, so I set it back to 100%. Unfortunately I wasn't listening to music before that so I don't know if the actual headphone channel was also silent at the time.

Some time after that I checked the app again and saw that the right channel volume slider was slightly lower than the left. When I rolled the the volume knob the left and right channel volume sliders changed unevenly. I set them both to 100%, after which they changed evenly.

When the channel died today I was using it with my iPhone and not MacBook. And it died (and returned) with a crackling sound like a loose contact. I tried shaking my head while wearing the headphones but that doesn't cause it...

I also have an issue where the volume knob does not change the source volume once every a few steps. The volume changes on the Mobius but does not sync to the source. Sometimes the volume sync dies completely and the source volume has no effect on the Mobius. This happens on both my iPhone and MacBook.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #3,524 of 5,780
I actually noticed something weird a few days ago on my MacBook via Bluetooth. I opened the "Audio MIDI Setup" app for no particular reason and saw that the right channel volume on the Mobius Bluetooth device was set to 0%, so I set it back to 100%. Unfortunately I wasn't listening to music before that so I don't know if the actual headphone channel was also silent at the time.

Some time after that I checked the app again and saw that the right channel volume slider was slightly lower than the left. When I rolled the the volume knob the left and right channel volume sliders changed unevenly. I set them both to 100%, after which they changed evenly.

When the channel died today I was using it with my iPhone and not MacBook. And it died (and returned) with a crackling sound like a loose contact. I tried shaking my head while wearing the headphones but that doesn't cause it...

I also have an issue where the volume knob does not change the source volume once every a few steps. The volume changes on the Mobius but does not sync to the source. Sometimes the volume sync dies completely and the source volume has no effect on the Mobius. This happens on both my iPhone and MacBook.
I would use an Aux cable for testing and see if the problem persists and if it's a hardware problem or a software problem.

The only reason I say this is because I was trying to set up Wasapi on my PC the other day, and it messed up my Winamp, where it would always start music with 0% volume in the windows... ONLY foor the Winamp program, and not the system, even though Winamp states volume 100%. I would manually have to raise the volume with every song. It was enough for me to reset it and just deal with directsound. I can't live without Winamp's playlist and enqueue simplicity compared to stuff like Foobar.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #3,525 of 5,780
Can anyone recommend a good Type-C cable for the Mobius that isn't stiff as a board? Also any good headband wraps for extra comfort. I still haven't found a way to stop the Mobius from hurting the top of my head during extended sessions. This might be because I am bald...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back