Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 18, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #2,898 of 5,780
Hi everyone. I'm new here and stumbled upon the forum while researching Bluetooth headphones in this price range. While I am aware that these are designed to cater to a totally different demographic, I want to know how would you guys rate the sound quality of these versus a Bose QC 35II, Sony WH-1000XM3, or the Bowers & Willing PX?

Far better SQ.
I'm aware of the lack of ANC on the Mobius, but it is a trade off I am willing to make given the sheer amount of features that are packed into these.

I don't regret switching to these from the XM3s. SQ is far better.

The XM3s are to bass-y for their own good. There is zero distortion on the Mobius. Also, physical buttons are better than finicky touch surfaces.

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #2,899 of 5,780
Far better SQ.

I don't regret switching to these from the XM3s. SQ is far better.

The XM3s are to bass-y for their own good. There is zero distortion on the Mobius. Also, physical buttons are better than finicky touch surfaces.

Noted. I see that you own the Carbon version. Are their any advantages over Copper and Blue beyond the more recent firmware?

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #2,901 of 5,780
@KaiSc Does the FR still wonk out when switching modes after the firmware updates? Everytime I turn the headphones on(connected to phone ldac bluetooth) and change the sample/bit rate to 16/44 i cycle off of and back to the Music preset xD

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #2,903 of 5,780
Found a solution to using the Mobius wired. It has to be an aftermarket cable then the PC will recognize the Mobius. But now I ran into another problem. When I use bluetooth and discord the only time when voice and headphone work is when I use Bt free hand. Otherwise when I use bt stereo and bt hands free, for the mic, I do not get any sound at all. Does anyone know the cause of this? I changed both default devices correctly but it does not work.

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #2,904 of 5,780
@KaiSc Does the FR still wonk out when switching modes after the firmware updates? Everytime I turn the headphones on(connected to phone ldac bluetooth) and change the sample/bit rate to 16/44 i cycle off of and back to the Music preset xD
The problem of strange frequency response after switching the modes, 7.1, 2-CH and HiRes, is still present in beta firmware v2, (named 20180111), the one that incorporates the "3-D On"-mode.
The frequency response goes to normal after switching EQ-presets once.

When testing today another strange thing of that sort appeared, when powering up Mobius there was a 3dB boost around 300Hz that only went away after a Mobius power cycle, after Mobius crashed the iPadPro and itself, with the Gypsy Muse becoming speechless.
Mobius was connected through the first version Apple USB CCK, with Mobius charging switched off before plugging it in.
It seems the internal DSP can easily become confused.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #2,905 of 5,780
The problem of strange frequency response after switching the modes, 7.1, 2-CH and HiRes, is still present in beta firmware v2, (named 20180111), the one that incorporates the "3-D On"-mode.
The frequency response goes to normal after switching EQ-presets once.

When testing today another strange thing of that sort appeared, when powering up Mobius there was a 3dB boost around 300Hz that only went away after a Mobius power cycle, after Mobius crashed the iPadPro and itself, with the Gypsy Muse becoming speechless.
Mobius was connected through the first version Apple USB CCK, with Mobius charging switched off before plugging it in.
It seems the internal DSP can easily become confused.
O interesting, Ive experienced similar, weird error states where theres no voice prompts etc. didnt detect the boost though.

Feb 19, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #2,906 of 5,780
O interesting, Ive experienced similar, weird error states where theres no voice prompts etc. didnt detect the boost though.
The little 300 Hz boost is not very audible, I just detected it by chance when I did the measurements.
I even don't know how often it appeared ever since.
The frequency response anormalites originating from mode changes are very obvious and 100% reproducible, they always consist of a strong boost followed by a strong dip in the ranges between about 300Hz to 1.5KHz.

Feb 20, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #2,910 of 5,780
Is that official from Audeze?

I hesitate to put Audeze on the spot as I also haven't seen an official release announcement, just a tweet they posted. So I may or may not have received a pop filter from them.

Being a small company, they'd likely not want an influx of requests, but their customer service is top-notch so it wouldn't hurt to send a polite enquiry.. if your mic is truly suffering.

Thinking back, it was the same procedure for the beta firmware. They really try to go the distance and help their customers, unlike any other company I've dealt with in the past. Love these guys.

Edit: just found that tweet. And they replied to someone: "it is already available. please email support@audeze"

https://twitter.com/audeze/status/1082068318389846016

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back