Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 14, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #2,881 of 5,780
I wanted to amend my pad mod slightly in that I was originally calling the plastic piece a baffle, I dont know that thats necessarily true in this case... maybe... idk... i think moreso its helping to create a good seal. i was trying different pads(dekoni th900 velour, velour doesnt work... lol) and thought id try the brainwavz angled pleather without the plastic and felt rings and it didnt sound good, but when i pushed the cups against my head it sealed up and sounded better. I tried just the felt but that didnt work either still needed to push em in to seal. So still using this and recommend people try it, sounds really great, bigger staging, smoother treble and better imaging, great bass, more comfortable.
20181008_154121.jpg 20181008_154212.jpg 20181008_154221.jpg 20181008_155358.jpg 20181008_155415.jpg 20181008_155418.jpg

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #2,882 of 5,780
IE audeze paid for your leg of RMA broken one to them too?

The courier comes to pick up. Or u need to drop to the courier drop off point?

Packaging material sent to you for RMA too?
Thanks for your feedback. Bad news, I hope that RMA is free in Europe.
I will wait for feedback from Audeze on monday.

My first unit was broken upon delivery so I've already gone through an RMA. I can confirm that there are no costs involved (at least from Sweden) and the turnaround time was around 2-3 weeks. However, in my case they sent out the new one as soon as FedEx received the broken one which made the delivery faster. If they decide to repair your unit instead of replacing it you might have to wait longer.

IE audeze paid for your leg of RMA broken one to them too?

The courier comes to pick up. Or u need to drop to the courier drop off point?

Packaging material sent to you for RMA too?

Well waiting weeks for @Audeze and @KMann to give a response to the f/w issue I decided to contact Auduze via email and it's bad news.

3Cd10bT.png

It's their f/w which broke the Mobius and I reported this months ago and was told to wait. Not having any reply and the f/w not correcting the issue now I'm told I have to ship and insure this to send to the States.

I have no idea what he means that they didn't go through their local distributor network either. These were sent by Audeze from their Indiegogo campaign. This wont be exactly cheap to send from the UK.

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #2,884 of 5,780
I just bought a pair of Mobius and when I connect it via USB into the computer, windows does not recognize and detect the Mobius at all as an output device. Im using the cable it came with and I'm also up to date in updates. Can anyone help?

Try other USB ports on the PC? Otherwise IDK.

I just updated the Firmware on mine no problem. Some of the folks reporting update issues had me a little nervous. It went smoothly for me... Checking out the warm preset.

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:09 AM Post #2,885 of 5,780
If it's the USB C you are having issues with you may want to get another USB C cable. The one that came with my Mobius was DOA.

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #2,887 of 5,780
@Zenvota, do you have a link to your headband cover? If memory serves, I think you said it was a seatbelt cover from Amazon? Has it been comfortable or do you recommend trying something else for top-of-head hotspot?

Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ICP3QBY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_teVzCb36J9HAW

Those covers dont have alot of padding and it was still making contact only at the head pad on the mobius so I also cut a piece of high density foam and put it in there and now it makes contact over a wide area. It bulks it up quite a bit and looks ridiculous but its very comfortable.

20190215_124845.jpg

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #2,888 of 5,780
Ok so I was listening to few songs with and without 3D on.

I got to say some song really come to life when I have 3D on!!

For example “Tommy James & the Shondells - Crimson and Clover”

It was like I was in the room with them.. sounds crazy.

Can anyone recommend any songs they might think sounds better with with 3D on??

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #2,889 of 5,780
Ok so I was listening to few songs with and without 3D on.

I got to say some song really come to life when I have 3D on!!

For example “Tommy James & the Shondells - Crimson and Clover”

It was like I was in the room with them.. sounds crazy.

Can anyone recommend any songs they might think sounds better with with 3D on??

(屮゜Д゜)屮

Feb 15, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #2,891 of 5,780
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ICP3QBY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_teVzCb36J9HAW

Those covers dont have alot of padding and it was still making contact only at the head pad on the mobius so I also cut a piece of high density foam and put it in there and now it makes contact over a wide area. It bulks it up quite a bit and looks ridiculous but its very comfortable.

it seems not just me having plastic popping up. :p have used 2 different mobius for around 2 months for each of them. plastic bits popping up in different ways for the two.

Feb 15, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #2,892 of 5,780
it seems not just me having plastic popping up. :p have used 2 different mobius for around 2 months for each of them. plastic bits popping up in different ways for the two.

Haven't had an issue yet and they get daily use.

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #2,894 of 5,780
Hi everyone. I'm new here and stumbled upon the forum while researching Bluetooth headphones in this price range. While I am aware that these are designed to cater to a totally different demographic, I want to know how would you guys rate the sound quality of these versus a Bose QC 35II, Sony WH-1000XM3, or the Bowers & Willing PX?

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #2,895 of 5,780
Hi everyone. I'm new here and stumbled upon the forum while researching Bluetooth headphones in this price range. While I am aware that these are designed to cater to a totally different demographic, I want to know how would you guys rate the sound quality of these versus a Bose QC 35II, Sony WH-1000XM3, or the Bowers & Willing PX?

Sound quality is way better than all of those but no noise cancelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back