Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Dec 3, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #2,386 of 5,780
IE audeze paid for your leg of RMA broken one to them too?

The courier comes to pick up. Or u need to drop to the courier drop off point?

Packaging material sent to you for RMA too?

Audeze sent me a FedEx label (actually several labels including documents for customs) so I only needed to put everything back into the box it came with and place the label/customs on the outside. I had the original packaging left since the headset was broken on arrival, you probably need fix a new box if you don't. Then you have to contact FedEx and book a time when they'll pick it up, unless you want to leave it at a drop-off point yourself.

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #2,388 of 5,780
I just bought a PS4 Pro the other day to replace my launch PS4 and I've been playing Read Dead Redemption 2 for the past few days (amazing game).

Whats the recommended best way to use the Mobius with the PS4? I haven't used my PS4 much in the last couple of years.
3.5mm connection is way too soft. USB is excellent but I've found the connection finicky from time to time but well worth it.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #2,391 of 5,780
Umm....So, I'm glad it was a good review from IGN (deservedly, in my opinion) but the reviewer test headtracking with an Oculus rift game? I have the Vive and tracking would be pointless in there, since the headset already tracks your head position and adjusts the audio accordingly. Doesn't the Oculus work in the same way? In which case...what's up with the review?!?

Dec 3, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #2,392 of 5,780
Umm....So, I'm glad it was a good review from IGN (deservedly, in my opinion) but the reviewer test headtracking with an Oculus rift game? I have the Vive and tracking would be pointless in there, since the headset already tracks your head position and adjusts the audio accordingly. Doesn't the Oculus work in the same way? In which case...what's up with the review?!?
In Oculus, you can have the audio come directly from the PC or take the output from the Oculus connector.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 4, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #2,393 of 5,780
In Oculus, you can have the audio come directly from the PC or take the output from the Oculus connector.

Ah! Ok, that makes sense.......

ETA for FW for genpop?

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #2,394 of 5,780
Listened to Mobius via USBC for the first time today and also installed AudezeHQ. The app reports 67% battery life, switched from USBC to Bluetooth and hear "battery low" followed by "powering off". Reconnect vis USBC and app now says 52% battery life. Anyone else experience odd differences in reported battery life? I searched the thread for battery and percentage and didn't see much.

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #2,395 of 5,780
In my opinion as far as listening with 3D off via usb, staying in 7.1 channel mode and holding the 3d button until it says 3d off sounds the best. In my opinion it is better than the 2 channel mode and hi res mode. For some reason I feel like the mid bass is too strong in hi res mode, and for whatever reason 7.1 channel with 3D off has the largest perceived 2 channel soundstage. Just my 2 cents

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #2,396 of 5,780
Listened to Mobius via USBC for the first time today and also installed AudezeHQ. The app reports 67% battery life, switched from USBC to Bluetooth and hear "battery low" followed by "powering off". Reconnect vis USBC and app now says 52% battery life. Anyone else experience odd differences in reported battery life? I searched the thread for battery and percentage and didn't see much.
Audeze has said they're working on fixing this in the next firmware/software updates. Hopefully the first one comes out of beta some time soon.

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #2,398 of 5,780
Thank you. I've read of email firmware updates, is this how they are delivered?

I emailed support yesterday, received instructions fairly quickly for how to install and a link to the download.

Definitely have the "Warm" setting now.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #2,399 of 5,780
Should be better
Yes, USB from the phone would give you better quality than the LDAC
USB connection, no matter which type, is really (!) high resolution
probably only be able to tell the difference if you were a bat or dog

Thanks for all the replies re: LDAC vs Android USB quality. I assume USB Android would then be same quality as USB Windows.

On another note, here's a new one: today while listening to Mobius (USB), Windows froze, and I received a static:zap:shock to the right ear. Not painful, but a bit concerning.. anyone else experience something like this? @Audeze? Guess I won't be swimming with these.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #2,400 of 5,780
Thanks for all the replies re: LDAC vs Android USB quality. I assume USB Android would then be same quality as USB Windows.

On another note, here's a new one: today while listening to Mobius (USB), Windows froze, and I received a static:zap:shock to the right ear. Not painful, but a bit concerning.. anyone else experience something like this? @Audeze? Guess I won't be swimming with these.
Or maybe you received Audeze's secret electrostat prototype

Users who are viewing this thread

Back