Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 9, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #2,147 of 5,780
Any word when the "beta" update software will be available to the general public on the audeze website? These have been sitting on my desk collecting dust waiting for the update they started testing two months ago.
You can contact Audeze support for the beta firmware. They've been letting a few people get their hands on it that way. But I would guess it is still a few weeks away from being available to the general public with all the tweaks they're making to it, like 3D with head tracking off, on top of the new warm preset and mic fixes.

Nov 9, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #2,149 of 5,780
Any word when the "beta" update software will be available to the general public on the audeze website? These have been sitting on my desk collecting dust waiting for the update they started testing two months ago.
No need for them to collect dust. I have the beta firmware. There is no difference in overall sound. It does add the Warm Preset and remembers the last Preset. You Cannot turn Head Trancking Off yet. I did not test the microphone. I at first did not like the Warm preset. It cut too much treble and the added bass was woolly. Until I turned the music UP. The bass was more solid and in it’s place and the treble balanced in nicely. Now This reminds me of my LCD2-F’s. But no need to neglect your Mobius just because of one tiny preset. Write Audeze and see if they will add you. Nice people and responsive customer service. The firmware install is a several step process. Audeze has posted the wrong firmware at least once recently. So be prepared to have a bit of fun. There is no way you can Damage, Harm nor Brick your Mobius. So flail away with imperviousnessnes.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #2,150 of 5,780
So I decided to mess about with the Mobius and try pads laying around the house. I think I found the Shure 1540 Alcantara pads to be the most ideal.

2keplx.jpg

The 1540 pads are just as effective as leather pads in seal for not losing SQ, which much more comfort, IMHO.

They slip on relatively painlessly to the Mobius, though I did use Electrical tape in some areas for extra security.

The clamp is a little stronger due to the bigger size of the pads.

Now, I'll definitely be using the Mobius. Mobius + default or music preset + 1540 pads = god yes.

edit: To be more specific: I'd recommend default preset for usb hi-res, as the bass is potent here, and music preset for bluetooth, as the bass is more normalized. Neither the midrange/treble nor overall clarity is lost. Feelsgoodman

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #2,151 of 5,780
So I decided to mess about with the Mobius and try pads laying around the house. I think I found the Shure 1540 Alcantara pads to be the most ideal.

2keplx.jpg

The 1540 pads are just as effective as leather pads in seal for not losing SQ, which much more comfort, IMHO.

They slip on relatively painlessly to the Mobius, though I did use Electrical tape in some areas for extra security.

The clamp is a little stronger due to the bigger size of the pads.

Now, I'll definitely be using the Mobius. Mobius + default or music preset + 1540 pads = god yes.

edit: To be more specific: I'd recommend default preset for usb hi-res, as the bass is potent here, and music preset for bluetooth, as the bass is more normalized. Neither the midrange/treble nor overall clarity is lost. Feelsgoodman

Those look good, I'm on the hunt for some different pads!

Have you tried out the new "warm" preset at all? If so, what do you think?

Nov 10, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #2,152 of 5,780
No need for them to collect dust. I have the beta firmware. There is no difference in overall sound. It does add the Warm Preset and remembers the last Preset. You Cannot turn Head Trancking Off yet. I did not test the microphone. I at first did not like the Warm preset. It cut too much treble and the added bass was woolly.

With the firmware update I got, you can.

Nov 10, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #2,153 of 5,780
Those look good, I'm on the hunt for some different pads!

Have you tried out the new "warm" preset at all? If so, what do you think?

I haven't yet. I haven't updated in a while. I'll check it out.

Nov 10, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #2,155 of 5,780
Been spending a bit more time with the "warm" preset this weekend.

I normally stick with the "default" setting for most of the time, but I have to say, I do like the warm setting with some things. The bass sounds excellent with EDM and other bass heavy music (sub bass).
It's also nice to have a bit of a darker signature depending on mood :).

The extra thump is also cool for games and movies if that's your thing.
Also, I've basically stopped listening to the Mobius with high res all together. 3D is a lot more fun even for music now in my opinion. If you are playing with EQ settings and the reverb in the app and find that right balance it's bliss. The sound seems so claustrophobic and small when you try to go back to turning the 3D off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nov 10, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #2,156 of 5,780
Nov 10, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #2,157 of 5,780
How do you access it. What button press to turn head tracking on and off? Thank you.
You can't turn head tracking off yet. You'll probably have to wait for the official update for that.

Nov 10, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #2,158 of 5,780
How do you access it. What button press to turn head tracking on and off? Thank you.

The most up to date firmware has the ability to turn the head tracking off while keeping the 3D active.

You do this by cycling the 3D options - long press of the 3D button (new options are 3D auto/manual, and 3D on/off)
3D on is the setting to have 3D without head tracking

The firmware is not released yet, it's still in testing phase.

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #2,159 of 5,780
Has anyone picked up the new iPad Pro with USB-C and tried using Mobius with it? I see no reason why it wouldn’t work in at least one of the modes.

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #2,160 of 5,780

You can't turn head tracking off yet. You'll probably have to wait for the official update for that.

The most up to date firmware has the ability to turn the head tracking off while keeping the 3D active.

You do this by cycling the 3D options - long press of the 3D button (new options are 3D auto/manual, and 3D on/off)
3D on is the setting to have 3D without head tracking

The firmware is not released yet, it's still in testing phase.

Exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back