Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 6, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #2,101 of 5,780

Zeos's Review.

I don't know who this guy is, but he's literally one of the most annoying people I've ever heard in my life. I admittedly couldn't even make it through that review.
I don't even know why I listened past for the first 30 seconds when the video started with him listening to the headphones via 3.5mm plugged into an amp.

I listened to a few portions and all he's doing is swearing and making strange voices and babbling about this and that. Is this guy trying to be taken seriously, or am I missing something?

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #2,102 of 5,780
whats the suggested way to use these with a home theatre setup (with a dedicated Bluray player and Amp/receiver). The Receiver has a headphone output. TV has bluetooth possibility.

Nov 6, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #2,104 of 5,780
I don't know who this guy is, but he's literally one of the most annoying people I've ever heard in my life. I admittedly couldn't even make it through that review.
I don't even know why I listened past for the first 30 seconds when the video started with him listening to the headphones via 3.5mm plugged into an amp.

I listened to a few portions and all he's doing is swearing and making strange voices and babbling about this and that. Is this guy trying to be taken seriously, or am I missing something?

I find it funny, because I have heard of "Z Reviews" but never watched one. Just yesterday, three people told me how much they can't stand him, and think that his incessant use of F-bombs is a sad attempt at being "hip", yet it's vapid and pathetic. But... I guess I'll watch one so that I know what to parody on my next YouTube clip. :wink:

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #2,106 of 5,780

Completely agree, I have no idea how this guy has any sort of following. His “reviews” are a jumble of his biases mixed in with unneeded cursing.

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #2,107 of 5,780
Completely agree, I have no idea how this guy has any sort of following. His “reviews” are a jumble of his biases mixed in with unneeded cursing.
I'd trust his review more than most who've purchased it as, on the contrary, I think he would be less biased than if he had ownership of what he was reviewing. That's the main problem with most impressions you get here at headfi. Most people will be reticent to criticise their own purchase and will be eager to praise, especially in the headphone's own respective thread. Go to other headphone threads and you'll likely find this headphone being criticised in favour of the other threads' titular headphones.

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #2,108 of 5,780

I mean, he did say he knows you don't amp it because it's internally powered. He plugged it into a tube amp to hear what tube flavorings sounded like in the headphone, since the tube would alter the raw audio data that would be then amped internally. It was more of an experiment, he even said it sounds better plugged in via usb

Nov 6, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #2,109 of 5,780

That's exactly what his channel is! But, that's also why I find it entertaining. He's always honest, even if he doesn't completely understand everything the product can do, and he usually mentions things other reviewers don't talk about. It's not the best place to go for tech details and the typical descriptions of sound quality, but he's fun to listen to, especially when he gets mad at something.

Nov 6, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #2,110 of 5,780
I mean, he did say he knows you don't amp it because it's internally powered. He plugged it into a tube amp to hear what tube flavorings sounded like in the headphone, since the tube would alter the raw audio data that would be then amped internally. It was more of an experiment, he even said it sounds better plugged in via usb

Well, if I could stomach his inane blabber for more then 15 seconds I might have heard him say that...but alas, I don't have it in me.

Nov 6, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #2,111 of 5,780
whats the suggested way to use these with a home theatre setup (with a dedicated Bluray player and Amp/receiver). The Receiver has a headphone output. TV has bluetooth possibility.

In both cases you'll have to use 2 channel, 3d on or off is your choice. Bluetooth is pretty straightforward. With the receivers headphone output use the aux input on the mobius, keep the volume on the receiver low to start and you'll have to find a balance. With aux the Mobius does an analog to digital conversion first. Your receiver may have a headphone virtual option if you like that turn the Mobius' 3d off.

1. How do these compare to the Nuraphone?
2. Can you listen via USB to a smartphone and does this draw power from the phone, or does it use the onboard battery n this case?
You can turn off usb charging on the mobius.

Nov 6, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #2,112 of 5,780
I hope the thread does not dissolve into comments on this ‘review’ Forty three minutes and 15 seconds? Really? But I digress also. Wanna talk about USB de-crapifiers instead :wink: Silly

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #2,114 of 5,780
Haven't been able to find the answer to this one yet.
I have an apple ipad Air 2 with apple lightning input.
Can apple lightning output 5.1/7.1 content from this device over cck?
Which cck generation is recommended?
Will mobius be recognized and used to full 7.1 potential connected this way?
Where to find 5.1/7.1 content to d/l onto ipad?
Thanks!

Nov 6, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #2,115 of 5,780
Haven't been able to find the answer to this one yet.
I have an apple ipad Air 2 with apple lightning input.
Can apple lightning output 5.1/7.1 content from this device over cck?
Which cck generation is recommended?
Will mobius be recognized and used to full 7.1 potential connected this way?
Where to find 5.1/7.1 content to d/l onto ipad?
Thanks!

No, this won’t work with the camera connection kit.

The new iPad Pro uses USB-C so there’s a possibility that that will be able to output 5.1/7.1 content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back