Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 4, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #2,071 of 5,780
For upgrades you will have to use a windows PC or you can send the unit to us for upgrade. Unfortunately, the libraries for the chipset we use does not support firmware upgrade on mac

I have a windows pc that I use occasionally for windows exclusive computing projects, so I can use that for the firmware upgrade. However, all my work and computer entertainment takes place on Macs, so after the firmware upgrade on the windows pc, I shall have to return the Mobius to my Macs for movie watching and all Mobius related entertainment activities.

So here's the question : will a Mobius with the new firmware upgrade still play nice with the Mobius App on a Mac, if nothing on the Mac itself is upgraded?

Nov 4, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #2,073 of 5,780
My headset has been working fine since i got them in september. Up until a couple of days ago the mic stopped working.
Cant hear no voice feedback in the earcups like I used to and people cant hear me talk, i have checked mute, mic volume, tested on PC and bluetooth. Turned it on/off, checked 100 times if the mic is correctly inserted.
Anyon have any suggestions ? Try to update firmware (if so anyone here who can PM link to DL) to see if that fixes it ? Something broken ?

EDIT: Tested the mic from Mobius directly inserted to a sound card and didt work then. If i tried another mic in my Mobius everything works. So i guess my mic is broken.. how the hell a mic suddenly dont work anymore beats me. I even used a pop filter on the damn thing

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #2,075 of 5,780
You have no family members or friends with windows machines?
Boot camp on the Mac would probably work too but it's easier to just ask a family member...and let them experience a Mobius at the same time
Its funny that you ask. I'm the only one who even owns a laptop. Never had many friends, but one of the 3 I do have that could let me borrow anything is in Louisiana for the next couple of months meeting the parents of the man she's probably gonna marry. The other 2 live too far outta the way. And as for bootcamp.. I looked into it a while ago, but don't have the space to offer up and no external drive to make it work. The struggle is real. Lol. The MacBook only came with 256GB of storage as it is, and the documents I have stored are too important to delete. So I'm kinda in an unfortunate situation as far as this goes. I'm gonna be waiting a while to be able to update the firmware at all.

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:16 AM Post #2,076 of 5,780
Its funny that you ask. I'm the only one who even owns a laptop. Never had many friends, but one of the 3 I do have that could let me borrow anything is in Louisiana for the next couple of months meeting the parents of the man she's probably gonna marry. The other 2 live too far outta the way. And as for bootcamp.. I looked into it a while ago, but don't have the space to offer up and no external drive to make it work. The struggle is real. Lol. The MacBook only came with 256GB of storage as it is, and the documents I have stored are too important to delete. So I'm kinda in an unfortunate situation as far as this goes. I'm gonna be waiting a while to be able to update the firmware at all.

Go to a pc café or a local library. It can't be that hard to find a place like that in socal

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #2,077 of 5,780
Go to a pc café or a local library. It can't be that hard to find a place like that in socal
Wheelchair bound and bedridden until my snapped spine is fixed, hence the previous post about major surgery after having just undergone one. I'll be using my Mobius during the 6 months of recovery and during physical therapy.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #2,078 of 5,780
I have a windows pc that I use occasionally for windows exclusive computing projects, so I can use that for the firmware upgrade. However, all my work and computer entertainment takes place on Macs, so after the firmware upgrade on the windows pc, I shall have to return the Mobius to my Macs for movie watching and all Mobius related entertainment activities.

So here's the question : will a Mobius with the new firmware upgrade still play nice with the Mobius App on a Mac, if nothing on the Mac itself is upgraded?
You need a PC only to do the firmware upgrade. After thatn you are free to use it anywhere.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #2,079 of 5,780
Where can i find the new firmware? Is it easy to install? :) Im looking forward to come home today and test the mobius even more.Just got them last week :)
We will make the firmware publicly available when the update can be done via the app. Right now the procedure is clunky, requires following the procedure to a 'T' and needs some level of computer expertise. We made it available on a limited basis for those who have a problem with Mic and that prevents them from using Mobius. We had a first round of firmware update that improves the mic and adds a 'warm' preset. We just made a second set of change that should eliminate Mic related issues and adds a few more features however this second round is even more complicated when done manually and we released it to very few testers to check feedback.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #2,080 of 5,780
Wheelchair bound and bedridden until my snapped spine is fixed, hence the previous post about major surgery after having just undergone one. I'll be using my Mobius during the 6 months of recovery and during physical therapy.
We understand your unique situation. We will take care of you since you are in LA area if it means sending one of our reps to do it for you. We want to do the update once we have enough feedback . We wish you a speedy recovery.

Nov 4, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #2,081 of 5,780
We understand your unique situation. We will take care of you since you are in LA area if it means sending one of our reps to do it for you. We want to do the update once we have enough feedback . We wish you a speedy recovery.
That's awesome. I really appreciate that from you guys! Thank you!

Nov 4, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #2,082 of 5,780
So I took the old leather LCD2 pads I had kicking around and got them on my Mobius and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Using the warm preset, the bass is a bit attenuated and brings them closer to the LCD2 tuning of deep punchy bass with smooth but extended highs. I found with the stock pads, Warm was too rolled off on the treble and made them feel a bit less resolving. This kind of puts it right between Warm and Default. Comfort wise they're also an improvement, these are the older thin LCD2 pads. There's less of a clamp and more of a just sitting on my head.

Regretfully, I didn't take any pics as I went but I took the plastic rings out of the pads and tucked them over the top of the Mobius's cup and used the bottom clips that held the stock pads in place to hold the bottom of the ring. Then I took vinyl tape and taped the edges of the ring to the edges of the cup (this isn't structural, just to fill any of the little gaps and keep the cups sealed). Then the pads just slip onto the ring as they are meant to.

I'm going to listen to it like this for a few days and go back to stock to see if my impressions are just "newness" or not.

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #2,083 of 5,780
Hi, I have been following the thread for a while and am very interested in purchasing a Mobius. However, I do most of my gaming on xBox and was told by someone ( In a YouTube comments section ) that he has the Mobius and that the included mic isn't compatible with the Mobius. I would think this would be a very odd decision but I have to make sure that the mic is compatible with xBox. Thanks in advance.

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #2,084 of 5,780
Hi, I have been following the thread for a while and am very interested in purchasing a Mobius. However, I do most of my gaming on xBox and was told by someone ( In a YouTube comments section ) that he has the Mobius and that the included mic isn't compatible with the Mobius. I would think this would be a very odd decision but I have to make sure that the mic is compatible with xBox. Thanks in advance.

Yes it is. Plug the Mobius into the controller like any other headset and you’ll have full mic support. The 7.1 doesn’t work but that’s an Xbox thing not a Mobius. I use my Mobius with my X1X and the Atmos headphone plugin and it sounds great.

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #2,085 of 5,780
So I took the old leather LCD2 pads I had kicking around and got them on my Mobius and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Using the warm preset, the bass is a bit attenuated and brings them closer to the LCD2 tuning of deep punchy bass with smooth but extended highs. I found with the stock pads, Warm was too rolled off on the treble and made them feel a bit less resolving. This kind of puts it right between Warm and Default. Comfort wise they're also an improvement, these are the older thin LCD2 pads. There's less of a clamp and more of a just sitting on my head.

Regretfully, I didn't take any pics as I went but I took the plastic rings out of the pads and tucked them over the top of the Mobius's cup and used the bottom clips that held the stock pads in place to hold the bottom of the ring. Then I took vinyl tape and taped the edges of the ring to the edges of the cup (this isn't structural, just to fill any of the little gaps and keep the cups sealed). Then the pads just slip onto the ring as they are meant to.

I'm going to listen to it like this for a few days and go back to stock to see if my impressions are just "newness" or not.

Are you able to provide pics with the new pads installed? Curious what it looks like with those new pads in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back