Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 4, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #2,086 of 5,780
Are you able to provide pics with the new pads installed? Curious what it looks like with those new pads in place.

Oops, pics didn’t attach from mobile.

B30C786D-C2A4-4BDF-AF41-4041760B8E3B.jpeg
1C370A9B-A6D6-40D8-BE7E-2A681CACF688.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #2,087 of 5,780
My headset has been working fine since i got them in september. Up until a couple of days ago the mic stopped working.
Cant hear no voice feedback in the earcups like I used to and people cant hear me talk, i have checked mute, mic volume, tested on PC and bluetooth. Turned it on/off, checked 100 times if the mic is correctly inserted.
Anyon have any suggestions ? Try to update firmware (if so anyone here who can PM link to DL) to see if that fixes it ? Something broken ?

EDIT: Tested the mic from Mobius directly inserted to a sound card and didt work then. If i tried another mic in my Mobius everything works. So i guess my mic is broken.. how the hell a mic suddenly dont work anymore beats me. I even used a pop filter on the damn thing
Please contact support. Though we have not seen this happen before it looks like you mic is not working.

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #2,088 of 5,780
I slipped on TH900 elite hybrid from Dekoni. Not a good combo. Becomes quite bright toned, nasally. It sounds very open though. Stock pads are way better sounding here in comparison.

I'm hoping Audeze offers velour topped pads. I mean keep the pleather in every aspect except where the pads rest on the skin. I want the same exact sound, but with the comfort of not having pleather rest on my skin. That's the only thing keeping me from using the Mobius daily.

EPZ-LCD-HYB-1-600x600.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 7:59 PM Post #2,090 of 5,780
I slipped on TH900 elite hybrid from Dekoni. Not a good combo. Becomes quite bright toned, nasally. It sounds very open though. Stock pads are way better sounding here in comparison.

I'm hoping Audeze offers velour topped pads. I mean keep the pleather in every aspect except where the pads rest on the skin. I want the same exact sound, but with the comfort of not having pleather rest on my skin. That's the only thing keeping me from using the Mobius daily.

EPZ-LCD-HYB-1-600x600.jpg

Nice.

don't bother using the 3.5mm aux input. always aim to use either bluetooth or usb.

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #2,091 of 5,780
We will make the firmware publicly available when the update can be done via the app. Right now the procedure is clunky, requires following the procedure to a 'T' and needs some level of computer expertise. We made it available on a limited basis for those who have a problem with Mic and that prevents them from using Mobius. We had a first round of firmware update that improves the mic and adds a 'warm' preset. We just made a second set of change that should eliminate Mic related issues and adds a few more features however this second round is even more complicated when done manually and we released it to very few testers to check feedback.
will there be an email or some kind of notice from the app itself? thanks.

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #2,093 of 5,780
Nice.

don't bother using the 3.5mm aux input. always aim to use either bluetooth or usb.
Was that a response to me? I def don't recommend the 3.5mm input with the Mobius. It's nice to have, but I wouldn't recommend it for serious listening. USB and bluetooth sound considerably better.

Nov 5, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #2,095 of 5,780
sorry, for the dude with pictures of 3.5mm attached.

Probably me. I only use th 3.5mm when I’m using it with my consoles. When I’m playing single player games, I use optical out from my TV to my FiiO Q5 and then line-out to the Mobius. 3D off, Atmos on in the Xbox. For multiplayer, I just use the 3.5mm out from the controller.

For PC gaming and anything else it’s USB or BT all the way, there just isn’t really a better way to do it will the current game consoles.

Nov 5, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #2,096 of 5,780
Well, mine came in over the weekend but I was out of town on tour. Came home and did preliminary setup this morning, but I'm having difficulties with the USB cables I currently use. My rig is mounted in a vented closet (for silence) and I run long USB cables and extenders out for my other dac (ES100) and other peripherals. The Mobius seems very picky for cable length. I can get some cables up to 6ft anker cables to work ok if plugged directly in, but neither of my 15 foot ones allow the device to complete the usb host handshake. If I take one of the shorter cables (that work directly) and put it on an extension, I can get it to work - but there is pretty continuous popping and crackling like an old record.
I'm waiting for a powered USB 3.0 hub to be delivered from Amazon at the moment, so I'm hopeful that this solves the issue. I know I'm pushing the limits of what's to be expected, but I didn't foresee this since my other headphone dac works ok with these cabling situations.

I did send a support request in via the Audeze site, but I thought I'd comment on my experience here for reference.

Nov 5, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #2,097 of 5,780
Did anyone else order the Wave plugins with the IndieGoGo reservation?
I have emailed Audeze twice about this, but:
1. I received ALL Audeze update emails about the status of the Mobius delays and shipping status (always saying "be sure to check your junkmail/spam folder for tracking info!")
2. I also received an email saying that as an apology for the delay, they will send a free headphone stand.

However:
- I never received a single email - in junkmail or normal mail - providing me with a shipping confirmation number, or even that they were shipped. Six weeks after the final "the last of our orders are shipping!" notification, the Mobius (thankfully) showed up at my mailbox.
- I never got an email - in primary email, or my junkmail folder - giving me instructions and/or unlock codes to activate the Wave plug-in preorder.
- I did not get a "free headphone stand", and I don't really care. Then again, it is a little disappointing because of what has happened with my Waves Plug-ins snub, ON TOP of the really delayed shipping, AS WELL as spending so much money to not get the product I asked for.

Basically, I spent more money for the "discounted" headphones during the fundraiser than what they currently cost at retail. I have emailed Audeze TWICE asking for help on how to activate the plugins. There has been no response.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I don't know how to move my inquiries to another Audeze representative, since they aren't even responding to my customer service request(s).

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #2,098 of 5,780
I suggest that you pick up your cell phone and call their customer service or support lines.

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #2,099 of 5,780
Did anyone else order the Wave plugins with the IndieGoGo reservation?
I have emailed Audeze twice about this, but:
I don't know how to move my inquiries to another Audeze representative, since they aren't even responding to my customer service request(s).
We have been emailing and even calling all Waves plugin customers. Can you PM me your ticket number and we will send you an update

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back