Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 3, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #2,056 of 5,780
Just started testing the new beta firmeware.
The whole procedure in the moment includes a lot of steps and is a bit scary, but it worked. So it is only for the ones who feeld a bit computer savy. I am sure Audeze will have an easier way later for the final update.
Like the new "3D on" availability without headtracking. Makes it much nicer if you are walking around.
Also the "warm" EQ is nice for relaxation.
Microphone in recording a voice works fine (Bluetooth to iPhone 7 with recorder App), actually sound was very nice and realistic.
Telephone calls with the iPhone bluetooth connection are not as good and still have interruptions in the voice.

Nov 3, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #2,057 of 5,780
The whole procedure in the moment includes a lot of steps and is a bit scary, but it worked. So it is only for the ones who feeld a bit computer savy. I am sure Audeze will have an easier way later for the final update.
Like the new "3D on" availability without headtracking. Makes it much nicer if you are walking around.
Microphone in recording a voice works fine (Bluetooth to iPhone 7 with recorder App), actually sound was very nice and realistic.
Telephone calls with the iPhone bluetooth connection are not as good and still have interruptions in the voice.

It's a beta f/w so expected to be a little convoluted. The instructions did mention it is a stop gap until they finish integrating it into the Audeze app.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #2,058 of 5,780

The new firmware is great. Audeze has pretty much eliminated issues with the mic (At least with PC - my mic sounds excellent over discord).
They've been adding most features people have been asking for - Warm preset with more bass presence, 3D without head tracking option, ability to save all settings between power cycles.

I'm super impressed with this headphone and how responsive Audeze has been to customer feedback. The Mobius is already a great headphone and can only get better.

I'm personally most looking forward to some improvements to the Audeze windows application - integrating the ability to update the firmware through the app.
It's also still hard to get an exact read on where the battery level is at with the headphones. It's healthy for the long term preservation of the lithium battery that we discharge and recharge it somewhat regularly. My app tends to not really give an accurate battery reading, so hopefully that can be addressed soon! I've found the best way to get an idea of where the battery is at is via Bluetooth on your phone. For now I tend to disable the battery from charging occasionally while gaming in order to let it discharge a bit (40% or so) before turning it back on.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #2,059 of 5,780
Thew new firmware is great. Audeze has pretty much eliminated issues with the mic (At least with PC - my mic sounds excellent over discord).
They've been adding most features people have been asking for - Warm preset with more bass presence, 3D without head tracking option, ability to save all settings between power cycles.

I'm super impressed with this headphone and how responsive Audeze has been to customer feedback. The Mobius is already a great headphone and can only get better.

I'm personally most looking forward to some improvements to the Audeze windows application - integrating the ability to update the firmware through the app.
It's also still hard to get an exact read on where the battery level is at with the headphones. It's healthy for the long term preservation of the lithium battery that we discharge and recharge it somewhat regularly. My app tends to not really give an accurate battery reading, so hopefully that can be addressed soon! I've found the best way to get an idea of where the battery is at is via Bluetooth on your phone. For now I tend to disable the battery from charging occasionally while gaming in order to let it discharge a bit (40% or so) before turning it back on.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes Updates via App and fixing battery levels (and some more) features are in the road map, hopefully by end of year.

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #2,063 of 5,780
You are correct. The Mac version is out and I have been using it for a few weeks. Seems to work just fine.

Nov 3, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #2,065 of 5,780
The Mac version has been available for a few weeks now. Going forward, Mac version will support all of Windows version's functionality except for firmware updates via Mac application.
How will Mac users be able to receive firmware updates since they won't be available via the app? Or is that just for the time being?

Nov 3, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #2,066 of 5,780
Nov 4, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #2,068 of 5,780
The app will not support firmware updates on Mac as this is a limitation for the SDK available for MAC.
How will Mac users be able to update then?

Nov 4, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #2,070 of 5,780
For upgrades you will have to use a windows PC or you can send the unit to us for upgrade. Unfortunately, the libraries for the chipset we use does not support firmware upgrade on mac
That's rough.. I don't have any Windows devices at all, and having just got back from a surgery to go right back into a major one after Monday, I don't have money to buy one or even send them in. I'm literally living hand to mouth at the moment, and will be for a while, so looks like I won't get to experience the update for a long time.

Unless anyone with a Mobius and a Windows PC/Laptop happens to live in my area (Socal) and would be nice enough to drop by and help a dude out. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back