Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 28, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #1,186 of 5,780
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else not enjoying the mobius at all? I was really looking forward to them but after 3 or 4 sessions with them I'm rather disappointed in many aspects. Too much treble (for my taste) ,bluetooth cuts out momentarily and quite frequently, not very comfortable, to quiet with ps4 and no way to fix it, mic is trash. I honestly preferred my sony wh-1000xm2 over these but unfortunately i sold them to buy these.

If you haven't tried the 'Music' EQ preset yet, do. That will tame a tad of the brightness and add some bass. I find the default setting horribly bright too, at least in 7.1.

Sep 28, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #1,188 of 5,780
the music preset has been the bulk of my listening. They're just to "in your face" to me overall not my cup of tea.
And you prefer Sony’s noise cancelling headphones musically? Wow the circle jerk around those has managed to reach here all the way from Reddit. I have to applaud Sony’s marketing department though, they got hammered When compared to Bose objectively by rtings but they managed to get enough “audiophiles” on board to make it seem like they’re good as actual headphones not just for traveling - even in this case better for gaming.

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #1,189 of 5,780
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else not enjoying the mobius at all? I was really looking forward to them but after 3 or 4 sessions with them I'm rather disappointed in many aspects. Too much treble (for my taste) ,bluetooth cuts out momentarily and quite frequently, not very comfortable, to quiet with ps4 and no way to fix it, mic is trash. I honestly preferred my sony wh-1000xm2 over these but unfortunately i sold them to buy these.

I'm not enjoying my Mobius either, even in music mode. I've had to do significant EQ'ing to get them to a place I'm comfortable with gaming, and it tends to ruin the 3d environment. I also own the Sony's, but honestly, I wouldn't use them for gaming, or critical listening either. They are fantastic noise canceling for travel, but that's about it.

The Mobius was set to replace my Steelseries Arctis Pro + Gamedac. I've already moved back to the Steelseries. Superior all the way around, especially the microphone, it's really night and day. I'm going to keep the Mobius around, and see how the software develops.

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #1,190 of 5,780
And you prefer Sony’s noise cancelling headphones musically? Wow the circle jerk around those has managed to reach here all the way from Reddit. I have to applaud Sony’s marketing department though, they got hammered When compared to Bose objectively by rtings but they managed to get enough “audiophiles” on board to make it seem like they’re good as actual headphones not just for traveling - even in this case better for gaming.
Sorry my opinion differs from your own lol, the sony headphones have a more laid back sound that i prefer over the mobius, again i said I'd take them over mobius, i never said they were the greatest thing I've ever heard, far from it in fact. I've owned a pair of focal clears and lcd3s at one point just for reference.

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #1,191 of 5,780
Sorry my opinion differs from your own lol, the sony headphones have a more laid back sound that i prefer over the mobius, again i said I'd take them over mobius, i never said they were the greatest thing I've ever heard, far from it in fact. I've owned a pair of focal clears and lcd3s at one point just for reference.
I just find comparing them to a active noise cancelling headset comical - how is the 3D virtualization in those by the way? Is their mic high quality on your PlayStation? Maybe do a comparison review Mobius - XM2 - LCD3 - Clears I don’t think I’ve seen that one before.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #1,192 of 5,780
I just find comparing them to a active noise cancelling headset comical - how is the 3D virtualization in those by the way? Is their mic high quality on your PlayStation? Maybe do a comparison review Mobius - XM2 - LCD3 - Clears I don’t think I’ve seen that one before.
I didn't buy the mobius for 3d or gaming i just thought those features would be gravy on top. I assumed audeze could make a top notch bluetooth planar headphone that was good for music but i was wrong. Perhaps they are good for gaming idk like i said i didn't buy them for that, admittedly the 3d does work well but i don't own a vr headset atm so kinda irrelevant to me. For pure sound quality wich again is what i bought them for I'm disappointed also comfort is not great.

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,193 of 5,780
I’m glad I managed to sell mine.

It’s a first gen product and it shows:

the hiss issues, mic problems, settings not saving, poor console support (even though they were never meant to support consoles to their full extend, the PS4 volume is just too low), not being able to leave 7.1 on but disable head tracking etc.

This maybe be only small issues and most fixable with firmware updates, but for me, the made the headset not enjoyable.

Sound wise, I didn’t enjoy them either and all the presets made zero difference (to me). I also gone back to the Steelseries pro. Just enjoying the dts headphone x v2 VSS much more compared to what Audeze is using.

I’m sure the Mobius will sell well regardless and hopefully Audeze come out guns blazing with a second gen.

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #1,194 of 5,780
I didn't buy the mobius for 3d or gaming i just thought those features would be gravy on top. I assumed audeze could make a top notch bluetooth planar headphone that was good for music but i was wrong. Perhaps they are good for gaming idk like i said i didn't buy them for that, admittedly the 3d does work well but i don't own a vr headset atm so kinda irrelevant to me. For pure sound quality wich again is what i bought them for I'm disappointed also comfort is not great.
Basically you bought them for the wrong reasons and were then disappointed they didn’t do other things you presumed they would exceptionally well.

I do disagree with you on the sound signature and how they are presented but I also enjoy sparkle quite a bit and have liked the DT990 and other treble cans in the past others can’t stand so of course everyone has different tastes and listens to different music. As for 3D it’s not intended for VR at all as that does it’s own virtualization anyway so any headphones would be fine with that. It’s intended for games and movies presented in surround sound. I have issues myself here that I can’t use it with my TV but that was clear from the beginning. I’m surprised you don’t watch movies or Netflix surround sound but again to each their own.

I think people have to realize that most that post here are either 1 - reviewers or 2 - people who are dissatisfied one way or another and are looking around to see if anyone can help them or feels the same way. And I think a lot of that second group are like you, people who bought these primarily for the wrong reasons.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #1,195 of 5,780
@KingCATalyst @alexzogh @msolok and others who are finding the Mobius to be to bright. I recommend trying a more aggresive eq in 3d mode, I find that for binaural rendering/room emuation the headphones need to play flat. For 3d off use the same eq but reduce the levels a bit.

At first it may seem darker, but only compared to un eq'd, give it a minute and it should sound very natural detailed and non fatiguing.

Screenshot_20180928-143303_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,196 of 5,780

I'm loving them. I have had no issues with bluetooth and they are fantastic when using LDAC. I don't really care about the mic but when trying it out it worked fine. I prefer them over my Sony 1000's musically but the Sony obviously does better with room isolation and air travel.

Sep 28, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #1,198 of 5,780
I have been loving my mobius. I like the sound signature even though I am bass head. (Used to roll with 4 12’s in my car). I pretty much play games and watch movies on the default eq. As far as the mic goes. Yeah it could use some tweaking but I have gotten it working quite fine and have had several gaming sessions with friends on discord. Rust, rocket league, pubg, cod and many others. Have only used Bluetooth on my iPhone and didn’t experience any cutting out. The the 3D spatialization is fantastic and on games and movies that actually have good sound design it becomes magnificent. (Looking at you Destiny 2 lol) I have had zero problems with any hiss. I haven’t had problems with the charging.

It’s unfortunate so many folks are having issues. I reckon I just got lucky or something. It does seem like many people bought these for the wrong reasons though. If pc gaming wasn’t going to be your main priority in using these things then you should have probably been looking elsewhere for something that would fit your style more appropriately.

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #1,199 of 5,780
I was listening to Mobius for over two weeks and I have very mixed feelings.

At first when I received them I was amazed by the sound signature, amount and quality of bass, head tracking and so on. I was very happy.
There was hiss... But it was not a huge deal as a liked everything else.
But recently something happened. It's hard to describe and even harder for me to grasp but either I'm deff or my pair lost its clarity. Bass isn't as punchy, once wonderful separation seems rather poor now, perfect amount of treble is now either muddy or harsh depending on a song.
I think I'm going crazy.
Especially that my "audiophile" friend told me they were superb. I guess I need to ask him once again for his opinion.

Aside from this: channel imbalance on different presets, mentioned hiss and hum different on every source. I also tried take the earpads off but they seem glued?!

Built quality and comfort seems ok but my akg k550 are far superior in that regards as they are very light and made almost entirely of metal.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #1,200 of 5,780
I was listening to Mobius for over two weeks and I have very mixed feelings.

At first when I received them I was amazed by the sound signature, amount and quality of bass, head tracking and so on. I was very happy.
There was hiss... But it was not a huge deal as a liked everything else.
But recently something happened. It's hard to describe and even harder for me to grasp but either I'm deff or my pair lost its clarity. Bass isn't as punchy, once wonderful separation seems rather poor now, perfect amount of treble is now either muddy or harsh depending on a song.
I think I'm going crazy.
Especially that my "audiophile" friend told me they were superb. I guess I need to ask him once again for his opinion.

Aside from this: channel imbalance on different presets, mentioned hiss and hum different on every source. I also tried take the earpads off but they seem glued?!

Built quality and comfort seems ok but my akg k550 are far superior in that regards as they are very light and made almost entirely of metal.

I find when I’m not in the mood to listen to music even the best headphones sound pretty meh. Maybe that’s what’s going on here. Though it could be some kind of defect with the onboard DAC or amp.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back