Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 19, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #826 of 5,780
Ok so after a good 8 hours of Overwatch I can actually say that I experience no problem with the mic and all my teammates have said that the mic sounds great!? I'm starting to suspect that this is more of a problem with drivers/software. The mic is obviously very dependant to be in close proximity to your mouth, but I actually think it is capable of producing good sound.

I do not have Discord installed at the moment, but my brother with a Sennheiser USB headset had similar problems (low volume, audio volume going up and down, extremely sensitive to actual voice volume) in Overwatch and it was because Discord was running in the background causing some sort of issue with how the mic was handled by the computer when more than one program is setup to handle the audio input.

So what I think discord users should try is the following:

1. Have only discord running when you test the mic
2. Use push-to-talk mode so there is no possibility for the "voice activity" mode to mess something up
3. 50 mic sens in windows audio settings, mic volume 100 in audeze app
4. adjust the input sens manually in discord until your friends can hear you clearly

It would probably also be smart to quit Discord (and any other app that use the mic, like Skype) and test the in-game voice chat alone to see if that solves the problem. Also try the different audio modes to see if that has any effect.

Sep 19, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #827 of 5,780
On the Audeze app it says my battery is at 98%. It's been that way since yesterday and still says so. So that's odd, I have no clue how much battery is left since I've made sure to have charging off the entire time I've been at my PC and I've used bluetooth for at least an hour so far.

Another weird thing: Yesterday when I was going to watch the Solo movie I attached a usb extender (non-powered) and the headphones said "USB" when I plugged them in but I didn't get any audio. Then I looked at my devices and it kept spazzing out between the mobius and my Big Knob Studio, really weird. So I'll have to go get a longer USB cable and hope it still works if it's 3 meters.

Oh and also to add, listen to REPLIKA by Lorn in high res and tell me these don't rumble real good.

edit: just because I wrote it now the app has actually updated my battery to 93%..

edit2: No it's back to 98%. Charging has been off the entire time.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #828 of 5,780
This thread is turning out to be just as cluttered and a mess as the other one...

Sep 19, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #830 of 5,780
Yeah, but as always the negatives outweights the positives, If it wasn't for the mic I'd be 110% happy about my purchase, lets hope Adueze can somehow fix the mic issues.

I'm sure the problems are software / windows 10 based.

Someone PM'd me with an article saying it's a known bug on windows 10 USB driver

If you try the headset on Android for example t he mic issues are gone.

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #831 of 5,780
HI all, I ordered Mobius headphones, and I'm waiting for them to come, but I'm beginning worry whether the video will not lag behind the sound when using wireless Mobius with my Aipad 10.5 Pro or mobile (Android 8.0), as well as watching movies on a computer or TV.
Nobody complained about such problems, will everything be ok?)

Sep 19, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #832 of 5,780
I also have the 3D manual drifting bug. Watching movies the sound will suddently focus on one side of the ear cup. Loading the app and pressing the centered button fixes everything again.

Sep 19, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #833 of 5,780
I also have the 3D manual drifting bug. Watching movies the sound will suddently focus on one side of the ear cup. Loading the app and pressing the centered button fixes everything again.

I don't think it's a bug.

I have to basically be looking left or right for like 10 seconds and then very slowly it will start to reset.

I can see if being an issue if you have a 3 monitor setup or a giant ass curved monitor. For most people I think it's working as intented... Audeze can clarify

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #834 of 5,780
HI all, I ordered Mobius headphones, and I'm waiting for them to come, but I'm beginning worry whether the video will not lag behind the sound when using wireless Mobius with my Aipad 10.5 Pro or mobile (Android 8.0), as well as watching movies on a computer or TV.
Nobody complained about such problems, will everything be ok?)

It's bluetooth, of course there will be a delay by it self. Some sources will adapt to it and delay the video so it's in sync any way however.

Sep 19, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #835 of 5,780
I don't think it's a bug.

I have to basically be looking left or right for like 10 seconds and then very slowly it will start to reset.

I can see if being an issue if you have a 3 monitor setup or a giant ass curved monitor. For most people I think it's working as intented... Audeze can clarify
yeah I have a multi mon setup for streaming

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #836 of 5,780
The windows vudu app feeds 5.1 eac3(dolby digital +)
That worked beautifully. I was even able to link my movies anywhere account with it. Thank you!

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #837 of 5,780
Just chiming in to note another unit with microphone issues. I haven't had a chance to use it in a discord session, but the audio comes out much quieter than my Sennheiser Game Ones and with noticeable artifacting.when using the built in windows recorder. It's difficult to position the microphone such that I can hear my voice but not hear my breathing as well, and this is with microphone volume on max on the headset and in windows. I'll check how it works with Android later today. Hopefully this is just a windows driver issue that can be easily corrected without a hardware fix...

Other than the microphone issue, I'm really loving the headphones. Spatialization in Destiny 2 and Overwatch has been really impressive, and watching movies on my computer with 5.1 and 7.1 audio is the closest to the movie theater experience I've ever gotten at home. I've had no issues with drift during long usage sessions, even after leaving the computer for a few minutes.

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #838 of 5,780
If anyones curious, I plugged the Mobius into an uptone iso regen and ultracap lps 1.2 combo. As expected a significantly cleaner and more detailed sound. That combined with EQing the headphones flat(and I mean flat flat about 6-9db off 2khz to 4khz) really suprised me with how good the Mobius sounded. It doesn't have the fidelity of my main system(see sig), but again a significantly better sound than plugged straight into the computer with no eq. One of my main tests for stuff like this is waterfalls in movies, the new tomb raider is a good example, there's so much treble information it's grating but when you clean the signal up and eq flat it becomes very lifelike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back