Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 4, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #211 of 5,780
I am not sure which measurements you are referring to, but I have posted the measurements we made here. All Audezes have a flat and well extend bass down to 10Hz or 20Hz, none have boosted bass. The Mobius has slightly boosted Sub-bass and the Music preset has a warm tilt that would provide the equivalent of 2dB boost in bass.

I'm "jammin" with these at work right now. It's subbass is light, even with EQ. Bass is ok. The automatic gain/compressor I want to be able to disable through the Audeze desktop app.

I've been screen to some movies and I have actually heard some deep subbass at proper sound levels. Meaning at the right SPL and not what the automatic gain/compressor is set too. However when I want to add subbass to my music, it does not translate to the Mobius and I'm left disappointed.

My son prefers the sound out of the FIIO Q5 more. That is kinda sad. He does love the head tracking with his games.

Music wise, I prefer the sound of the other Audeze line up.

Question is, how to you open up the unit, so I could actually drive the headphone at proper sound levels and actually enjoy the Audeze drivers as they were meant to be heard.

One coworker of mine does like the way it sounds with movies.

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #212 of 5,780
I'm sorry for off topic but WHAT, why would you need pedals to peek a corner in a shooter? Sure if you have physical disabilities, I just saw a dude play CS with a roller mouse and 2 fingers. But if you're "fine" then just ADAD jiggle peek like a normal person.:laughing:

I think the original post was talking about leaning (usually done with Q/E), and how the head tracking on the mobius could possibly be used for leaning in-game. Pretty cool idea although I think it would be annoying when you start leaning unintenionally because you just want to slouch a bit, haha.

Also if you watch good fps players, sometimes they lean super quickly to fire shots and IMMEDIATELY hide, because showing your head for a few milliseconds too long is death. Often they do it multiple times in succession. Can you imagine jiggle peeking like that with your own head? It would give you a neck injury!

But still a cool idea.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #213 of 5,780
Left them powered on last night plugged into my PC's usb C port and they were dead this morning. PC wasn't in sleep mode or anything and it wasn't actively playing any sounds.... but the headphones are dead.

It might have been still bluetooth paired w/ your phone. I noticed that this morning when I was trying to play a video on my phone and thought the Mobius was off (no lights or anything). The phone had no speaker output. Looking at bluetooth settings, it was still paired w/ the Mobius. I distinctly turned the Mobius off before unplugging it from USB (was using it on a Windows 10 machine).

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #214 of 5,780
My mobius was dead this morning too. Must not have turned it off at night or it was still paired to my phone as well. Charging it now at work.

Sep 4, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #215 of 5,780
Mine auto-shut off and was plenty charged when I got to work this morning, Sadly W10 doesn't show the battery level like Android and iOS did.

At least that I can tell.

Sep 4, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #216 of 5,780
I want to throw out a question I asked a while back in the other thread, but it was before a lot of people had their Mobius, and of course the focus of discussion there has... shifted.

Anyway, when hooking these up to a phone/tablet with Micro B USB, is it required to use an OTG cable, or can you use a regular USB-C to Micro B or even a regular USB-A to Micro B adapter? I'm not completely familiar with the differences between OTG and non-OTG cables, but is the primary difference that a non-OTG cable can't power/charge the connected device?

Thanks.

Sep 4, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #217 of 5,780
So guys, is the best settings for Overwatch really High Res + Dolby Atmos? If so, I guess I can use the Mobius in bluetooth-mode instead of wired and still get the best sound possible?

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #219 of 5,780
aparently not, im on oreo, and if i go in to the developer options for bluetooth, i see SBC, AAC, aptX, and aptX HD.
if i connect the headphones it defaults to AAC, i can switch between AAC and SBC, but obviously cant choose aptx or aptxHD
I have a Nexus 6P that got the Oreo update but also didn't have LDAC (or aptX). I rooted it and used Magisk to install a module called "Android O APT-X libraries" that enables LDAC, aptX, etc. and now it works great. I bet you could do the same.

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #220 of 5,780
So guys, is the best settings for Overwatch really High Res + Dolby Atmos? If so, I guess I can use the Mobius in bluetooth-mode instead of wired and still get the best sound possible?

Bluetooth is only hi-res if you use LDAC as per Audeze/kmann.

But not sure why any sane person would use bluetooth for competitive games. Fine for slow SP games sure, but that delay man, not something I'd want voluntarily.

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #221 of 5,780

What they said, bluetooth has much higher latency and hi res is only with ldac. And yes atmos in overwatch should have better overhead effects as the mobius is 7.1.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #222 of 5,780
Enjoying these for the most part, very comfortable.

I did notice that if I have bluetooth connected even though I'm on High Quality mode on PC, it stays connected and a periodic higher pitched whine comes from the left ear. When music is playing you can't hear it, so not a huge deal.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #223 of 5,780
What they said, bluetooth has much higher latency and hi res is only with ldac. And yes atmos in overwatch should have better overhead effects as the mobius is 7.1.
Thanks for the replies guys, I guess wired it still is then. Kinda dissapointed that a "dumb" headphone will still be better than Mobius. But lets hope Forza Horizon 4 will be able to benefit from the added features of the Mobius.

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #224 of 5,780
can someone confirm that Mobius always defaults to 100% volume when powered on?

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #225 of 5,780
So do any of you truly enjoy Mobius or you feel it's underwhelming/overpriced/not what you expected?
Current impressions feel very mixed. I'm starting to feel that it's not the best way to enter the planar realm. Yet I still hope I will be pleasantly surprised by them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back